where to buy new yamaha scooter

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I would make the mountain trip to Moca, and look at the prices there. In general they are a lot lower. I bought my first scooter at Pancho's in Jarabacoa, but their main office is in Moca. The price difference was big and the service excellent.

BelgianK

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Hey Guys. Someone is telling me that the way to bring in a car or cycle is to ship it to Puerto Rico and then get on the ferry with it. Then enter it as a tourist's vehicle and them have 12 mon ths to get its paperwork regularized. Any one know any thing about this back door method?
Der Fish

I know a lot about back door methods, but none involving cars. Generally speaking, however, i wouldn't try this method if you've never done it before. It can be painful if you don't know what you are doing.

Frank

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I know a lot about back door methods, but none involving cars. Generally speaking, however, i wouldn't try this method if you've never done it before. It can be painful if you don't know what you are doing.

Frank

Im confused.........;)

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Yes, my friend Francisco in SD is from PR, he takes the ferry every 3 Months or so to visit family and gets his meds they don't have here..You can take a car, but I think its only for a short visit or may have to pay the normals fee's, not sure..

Hey Guys. Someone is telling me that the way to bring in a car or cycle is to ship it to Puerto Rico and then get on the ferry with it. Then enter it as a tourist's vehicle and them have 12 mon ths to get its paperwork regularized. Any one know any thing about this back door method?
Der Fish

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Frank

rogerjac..... re :Confused

I think Frank is saying he wouldn't try that trick..

Might turn out to be a 'cornholing'..... a real bummer

Crytonb99

Jan 25, 2010
Hi! I am wondering if anyone here on the forum know any reputable dealers where I can buy Yamaha 125cc scooters. Phone numbers and addresses is a plus. I am looking to buy about 10 scooters minimum. I would really appreaciate whatever help any of you can give me.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Hi! I am wondering if anyone here on the forum know any reputable dealers where I can buy Yamaha 125cc scooters. Phone numbers and addresses is a plus. I am looking to buy about 10 scooters minimum. I would really appreaciate whatever help any of you can give me.

I have looked in Puerto Plata at motorcycles and mopeds. I do not remember seeing Yamaha mopeds for sale.

I took down some notes on what I saw:

dune buggy 250 cc PGO- 205,000 pesos

yamaha DT125 195,000 pesos

chinese off road 200 cc 89,000 pesos

yamaha fz black 160 cc 145,000 peso street bike

apache 160 cc 79,000 pesos street bike

apache 180cc 88,000 pesos street bike

yamaha grizzly 350cc ATV 400,025 pesos

loncin 250cc ATV 165,000

There is a guy with a shipping company here. He told me motorcycles and moped are easier then cars. I think it goes by the CC for import tax.. You can have them shipped pretty fast.

I would guess the place I posted all those prices for in Puerto Plata could order them. They have some yamaha products but I would have to see if they had mopeds. I have a chinese made moped I bought new. It is ok and really haven't had any problems but don't drive it a lot.

We also have a used honda moped at the house that we haven't had any problems with. It is not the super cub. I actually want a dirt bike or enduro bike for me. Not sure If I should import, buy japanese here or buy chinese here. I would hit the first roads but am not going to be doing jumps or anything like that.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
The best scooter on this island hands down is the Fuel-Injected Yamaha 125cc Zuma (known as BWS here). I bought it new and have driven it all over the island. it's only 2.5 years old and has 23,000km on it. the only thing i've done is change the oil and air filter. That's it!! Because it's fuel injected, it starts up every time.

It's expensive--130,000 pesos. worth every penny.

they also sell a Yamaha 125 FS or something like that. I think its a 5 speed; it's beautiful, but you got to know how to change gears. It also costs 130,000 pesos.

FRank

Where do they sell it for 130,000 pesos? I don't much about them but if I am looking right that is around list price in the USA. So that doesn't sound like a paid price. that is around $3,023 at todays exchange rate. maybe the price in pesos has gone up?

New 2014 Yamaha Zuma 125 Scooter EFI 4 Stroke Engine 89 MPG No Setup Fees | eBay

this is on ebay for $3150.