Where to snorkel?

bday

Jan 24, 2011
The wife and I are headed most likely to Boca Chica. Havent booked anything yet but we are thinking of the Bellvue Dominincan Bay, can we snorkel on that beach or would some other place be better. Also, what other cool things can you do around that area?

Reactions: waytogo

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I quite enjoy snorkeling on my visits to Boca Chica beach. I like the shallow water inside the protective reef (beach side) toward the east end. Also the channels between the mangrove islands. BE CAREFUL! People have been killed and injured by the idiots on jet skis and motor boats. You will have to avoid them on your way to the shallow areas with the best snorkeling. Lots of colorful little fish and crawley things. Don't forget your sun protection.

ab2000

Nov 7, 2010
I quite enjoy snorkeling on my visits to Boca Chica beach. I like the shallow water inside the protective reef (beach side) toward the east end. Also the channels between the mangrove islands. BE CAREFUL! People have been killed and injured by the idiots on jet skis and motor boats. You will have to avoid them on your way to the shallow areas with the best snorkeling. Lots of colorful little fish and crawley things. Don't forget your sun protection.

The most dangerous are banana rides. Both in Boca Chica and Sosua. Natural born killers.Your better bet will be Juan Dolio or La Romana. Maybe a bit less fishes, but much safer for your life.