Where's the folks who know about refridgerators!?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we have a very big amana fridge, freezer on the bottom. works really well but it is connected to a small voltage regulator. we bought it in POP, from a dude doing mudanza. he had it shipped for someone else and they never picked it up.
looks like this:
15h64k.jpg

i hate top freezer fridges. i cannot understand why they even exist. why would i want to live my life bending over to get the stuff out of the fridge? i have never seen anything like this until i moved to DR. back home they are very rare....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know, here in DR it is top freezer, bottom fridge. i do not think i have ever seen a setup like this in poland.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That switch burns out because iof currency fluctuations here. Run it thru one of those power strips which are meant to guard computers and it'll be safer.
Der Fish

That would be because of the Voltage Fluctuations that appliances burn out.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
That switch burns out because iof currency fluctuations here. Run it thru one of those power strips which are meant to guard computers and it'll be safer.
Der Fish
No it won't, unless you set the threshold really high where it'll click on and off all the time. And you'd need a LARGE UPC.

Low voltage, -10-15v, is MUCH different than no voltage.

We have low voltage daily and the computer UPC's don't make a sound because they aren't set to low voltage.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Mi jardinero is looking at 'fridges. I have suggested the MABE brand based on this thread.

Does 15,000DRP for a 15 cuft MABE sound right?
Its local here in Cabrera so guarantee and delivery are convenient.

How about tha price? Anybody shopped lately?
That $15k is for an all cash price - down from $18..... guess who's cash??:glasses:

carl8989

Jan 8, 2013
Chiming in here on my 'fridge from the floor of Sears "scratch&dent"Its a Fisher&Paykel (made in NZ)

Listed at $2795 - French doors w/ bottom freezer(worthwhile style, botton freezer - easier to cool)
$750 to me.... now, admittedly , its pretty beaten up on the front.... and clearly nobody but me was going to buy.

I want my friends to look at it and say - Can't you afford a decent 'fridge??
And they do...........

Just sent you a pm about importing a fridge.