White children in the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Kuda,Johns is an "Ambassador Class" "A"-Hole"

Thanks for saving me the time to "Post".This "Guy" , "smelled" from his first posts from "Saudi"! He even likes "Parisians",the most abnoxious "Hosts" anywhere! He is Sadly just a "misfit" that will never be truely happy anywhere! Now that he is gone,why does he keep complaining? Ambassador Class", thats why! Criss Colon

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
This board needs some sort of moderator, don't you think? Someone to keep everyone on topic and in line. People who want to bicker could be asked to take it to private e-mail or something...Can't we all just get along? (TM Rodney King).

Seriously, all the guy said was said was that maybe the DR is not the friendliest place on earth. It's pretty friendly, but is it really the 'friendliest place on earth'? I'm not sure. Anyways, these boards are sure not the friendliest boards on earth...Isn't this thread about White Children in the DR? Coulda fooled me.

(Is someone going to come back at my post, all, like, "Yeah Jane J.? Well, if you don't like these boards, why don't you take take your smart mouth somewhere else?"?)

Maybe, Kuda, you're just mad cuz Johns kept calling you Kudu...

Last edited:

Kuda

*** Sock-puppet ***
Jan 1, 2002
Jeez, I thought this thread was dead!!!

Yes, your right, I will come back with something like "Yeah, JJ? Well I thought this was an 'open' forum. Why don't you take your less than smart mouth somewhere else?" I might even add something derogatory like "Screw you and the horse you rode in on!"

I learned everything I wanted to know in the first handful of posts. (Now for the smart-ass generalization) It's people like you that incite me to continue. But you don't ask any useful or 'on point' questions. You just spew mindless drivel and challenge me to respond. Why, oh why would you want a Moderator (and there is one, BTW)? To hide behind when the responses to your juvenile challenge get to "heavy"?

Listen, I don't need some scholar like Miss Jane to help me read, but your synopsis tells me volumes about the person you are. Shallow and misdirected. Nobody said anything about DR (or this board) being the friendliest place on earth. I came here to learn something and, perhaps, contribute. But I have to navigate around the likes of you and JohnS to accomplish my goal.

Since your ability to absorb vast amounts of information is challenged, let me summarize this thread for you. White kids in the DR have it made, so long as they recognize their postion in their society and attempt to assimilate...ie go to the bilingual schools, learn the language, and be kind.

JohnS plowed a path through this board, made a bunch of nasty dust, and left. You are now on that same path. My altruistic side wants to advise you to back up and try another. But my inner self can't help but coin an old phrase: "Don't go away mad, just go away."

Or better yet, why don't you ride on down to the DR and "git some"? It might improve your demeanor. But don't look to me...I'd rather do the horse!!!!

Love and kisses. (Now, let's put this thread to bed...Moderator?)

Kuda

*** Sock-puppet ***
Jan 1, 2002
Wow, I spent all that time venting...

When I could have just said "I think Johns has had a sex change".

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
We are "ALL" Racists

Sad but true.It is only a matter of degree,and what we do inorder not to act on our racism.ie Practice racism.I am "Pink"(Who is white?)my first wife is Thai.We have a 22 year old son who looks "average."My 2nd,and current,wife is dominican,and "dark brown.Who is truely "black."We have a 5 year old son who is light tan,with blond hair.He is the most beautiful child on earth! I am an American,and proud to be! However,I know that as an American I have been raised in a culture that teaches us that Americans can do whatever we want,or choose to do.As an individual and as a Country.That culture put a man on the moon,and brought you VietNam!Ying and Yang.American culture "teaches" racism.When 6 year old American Black girls are given two "dolls",one white,and one black,and asked which is "prettier",they choose the White doll!When Black boys are given a group of fotos of men and asked to pick out the criminals,they pick out the black men!To say that Dominicans are one happy group of all colors that get along without racism is wrong.It is ignorant.It is ill informed.Every Dominican "notices" the color of everyone they meet,and if they are "lighter",or "darker" than that person. We are "All" racists! It is how we live our lives that is important.It is the example that we show our children that is important.It is how we respond to racism that is important.Criss Colon

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Kudu said:
Or better yet, why don't you ride on down to the DR and "git some"?

Um, that's why you need a moderator, because shit like that is totally uncalled for.

Lighten up, dude...You have no idea who I am.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
color is not all that matters...

Its not all about color as much as its about the class difference. What I am trying to say is this: The color alone doesn?t make a person different from one another, it?s the class that you possess is also very important. For example: A person of a darker (African color) is generally considered a person with lesser class than a whiter skin color person in many developed countries (ex: USA). This, however, is not true as we have many rednecks in the south who are referred to as white trash. These people are looked down upon just like the person in the same class but with a darker skin complexion.
What I am really trying to say is this: Its not all about the color difference but has to do more with the class difference. The head of the anatomy department in my university was an African American (retired military coronal), a PHD. To me, his color was not important at all. He was seen and perceived as a very respectable / honorable human being with dignity and prestige. We all had looked up to him and I frequently had visited him for advice on various matters.
Then we have the white trash who live in trailer parks and make regular appearance on various trash talk shows to really show us all what they are like in their own confined world. These people are also discriminated upon by their own race.
I am not considered white in USA but I am considered white in DR. You figure it out.
I guess if you have a lighter skin tone than most Dominicans, possess straight hair and talk like a professional / educated person, you are white.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"ISMS"

Yes AZB,it is not only color that sets one person,or one group,against one another.Just that "color" is hard to hide! Racism,Classism,Sexism,Religious intolerance,Nationalism,to name a few.You knew your Anatomy Professor in the context of the university. To a Georgia Highway Patrol Officer,looking for a bank robbery suspect in "Buckhead", your professor might not get the same "respect". Look what happened to many Indians in the US after 9-11.They were mistaken for Muslims by many uneducated Americans,because of their turbans.It is about color,not so much class. Well educated,wealthy American blacks are made to feel un-welcome in many areas not because they don,t have the money,but because of their skin.The same is true here! Anyone who doesn,t see that better do a "Reality Check!" ....What time are "Visiting Hours" today,I might come visit you! Criss Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.