Who cooks a decent BBQ chicken these days in Sosua?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The answer used to be pretty easy, Olie on Pedro Clisante used to be my go to guy. I think he has been out of business for quite some time now. I'm looking for recommendations for an alternative that isn't some popup grill on the side of the highway. Good quality chicken cooked well and not burnt to a crisp in a clean environment. tia.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
That's a lot boxes to check off for a BBQ chicken in Sousa. You might get lucky with 2 out of 4 but you get to pick the 2.

• Haha
Reactions: nigrarosa

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Is Big D no longer doing BBQ in Sosua?

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
The answer used to be pretty easy, Olie on Pedro Clisante used to be my go to guy. I think he has been out of business for quite some time now. I'm looking for recommendations for an alternative that isn't some popup grill on the side of the highway. Good quality chicken cooked well and not burnt to a crisp in a clean environment. tia.
Ollie passed away some time ago. His wife and son carried on for a while but alas they appear to have closed. Go about 30 yards east from Ollie's location. There is a very good BBQ place - ribs, chicken, pork chops and sometimes sausage. Good selection of sides including salads as well. It's always busy.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Interestingly I asked about Big D's BBQ and nobody responded.
Big D's is no. 10 on Trip Advisor, and Flip Flop is no.19
Something I'm missing? Maybe a PM?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Ollie's was the best!! I ate his chicken many, many times. I am sad to hear he passed away...he always made me laugh when he prepared my chicken.

RIP Ollie.

Reactions: zoomzx11

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I am looking for a whole chicken, not parts per se.
Astucia does your place have a name or something unique to identify it from other similar places? 30 yards is a long way on P.C. probably lots of chicken parts offered in that distance.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Interestingly I asked about Big D's BBQ and nobody responded.
Big D's is no. 10 on Trip Advisor, and Flip Flop is no.19
Something I'm missing? Maybe a PM?
When I was in Sosua a few weeks ago his spot was closed
and when I asked about him, I was told he's not in town
but his stall has been open during the week.
I know several people who run bars/ restaurants on the beach.
I'll find out tomorrow and let ya know.

Reactions: JD Jones

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
I am looking for a whole chicken, not parts per se.
Astucia does your place have a name or something unique to identify it from other similar places? 30 yards is a long way on P.C. probably lots of chicken parts offered in that distance.
The place mentioned is at the old 4 Roses bar. They have 2 gas grills in front. They don't have whole chicken only half, but you will enjoy.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Are those the used/discarded ones?
Pretty much work the same, and provide the same results as the expensive ones to be found.
I don't know about you but
I have a really hard time eating
while wearing one.