Who was that guy?

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Touche Dominicanscotty. You are correct. I asked a question as if I doubted you and forgot to add the smiley face to indicate "tongue in cheek". The medium fails me at times. Sorry.

Of course I'm aware that the DR has a navy. I saw one of their boats in the marina at Monti Cristi; sitting idle with guys in tank tops and a beer in their hand upon her. I presumed they were in charge. At the same time, a fishing captain ( who I'm pretty sure was a resident ) refused to go to Sieta Hermanos unless I hired a guard to protect us against the possibility of utter piracy. Seems the keys have been over run by Haitianos from time to time and they have been rather bad boys with Dominican property. But the night watchman from the hotel with only a shotgun wouldn't do, had to have an automatic weapon. Since automatic weapons kinda ruin the mood of a fishing trip for me, we stayed well to the east towards Punta Rucia. If I lived there you can rest assurred I would be raising hell to the authorities. My concern is public, not parochial.

I assume you live there? If so,What are you doing? Are you concerned?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
I hear ya

Touche Dominicanscotty. You are correct. I asked a question as if I doubted you and forgot to add the smiley face to indicate "tongue in cheek". The medium fails me at times. Sorry.

Of course I'm aware that the DR has a navy. I saw one of their boats in the marina at Monti Cristi; sitting idle with guys in tank tops and a beer in their hand upon her. I presumed they were in charge. At the same time, a fishing captain ( who I'm pretty sure was a resident ) refused to go to Sieta Hermanos unless I hired a guard to protect us against the possibility of utter piracy. Seems the keys have been over run by Haitianos from time to time and they have been rather bad boys with Dominican property. But the night watchman from the hotel with only a shotgun wouldn't do, had to have an automatic weapon. Since automatic weapons kinda ruin the mood of a fishing trip for me, we stayed well to the east towards Punta Rucia. If I lived there you can rest assurred I would be raising hell to the authorities. My concern is public, not parochial.

I assume you live there? If so,What are you doing? Are you concerned?

Bad lands (or should I say waters) over there. The hose guys on the Naval boat...LOL probably don't have gas for it. I do not live there full time as I am still on the clock. Retirement papers are in as we speak but as long as I am being paid I have to stay here. Will be down in three weeks. Just in case anyone from my fan club wanted to know. :)

Enjoy

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Concerned

Are you concerned?

As for the safety of people in those parts of the country? H*ll yes! I hear some horror stories coming out of that part of the country. Exactly what I can do about it personally? I believe that these forums can be and are very powerful in sharing information as well as rallying others.

Perhaps starting a thread about it. Let me inform you that if you start a thread you must maintain it as others will try to either unintentionally hi-jack it or intentionally destroy it for their own reasons.

You are fairly new here. Get your feet wet, jump in there start a thread for any of those that are concerned about this problem.

Good luck.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Watch out for these guys

The grammer police,
The spelling police,
The morality police,
The PC police,
The gender police,

and then the police that police the police who then have the police who police them.... They don't need badges, they are who they are.

arghhhhh.... THUD

Last edited:

leeanna

Feb 22, 2004
What did the badge look like.Did it have five points like a star or just round.
Did he look like an American.Maybe he is American and a military official on vacation.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What did the badge look like.Did it have five points like a star or just round.
Did he look like an American.Maybe he is American and a military official on vacation.
Neither, it looked like a big cops badge, maybe 3" long and 2" wide. No points of a star, more like a crest, mounted on a thick leather square with a substantial nylon (?) neck strap. You could not see the strap or badge under his jersey (not a T-Shirt or button shirt).