Why are forum members so mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
Ive noticed the same mean streak in here, and its for that that I quit posting in here for a long time. People have disliked posts Ive made about directions, and a lot of people are super aggro about putting down their own wierd ass controversial opinions, but surprisingly low tolerance for other peoples differing views, and start insulting each other personally. What gets to me are the people correcting others grammar, especially when the person is obviously writing in a second language. Do Dominicans chastise ya'll in the street for putting a por where you need a para?

As Mark Twain said, "I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way."

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have forgot how many times I have posted this...

DR1 is like any community, it has good and bad people, smart people and stupid people etc.
You take what you need and give back what you feel.

We average 250-300 posts a day and are by far the largest source of Dominican Republic information on the planet. With that amount of content, it's not all going to be pinks roses and smiles, but the majority is informative and free of agendas or mean stuff.

Closed.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here's an example:
There is a guy posting about inverters and what to do and how to do it. His girlfriend, dirt poor, is having this guy put in a 3 KW inverter for here family and he is worrying about the installation. And he wants us to tell him how to do it and who to see and where to buy and how to connect etc etc ugh!

The fact that those people cannot afford an inverter has escaped him. Inverters consume massive amounts of electricity. I am assuming they have a meter, if not this is a mute point. They cannot afford to buy a battery either or maintain the system as needs be...you see where this is going?

Of course if our poster had done a search here on DR1 on inverters he would already have all the information he needs.

And they say CCCC is nasty??? I think he is patient to a fault.

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.