Why are people still suffering in Haiti?

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Go to PaP airport one day as if you were taking a flight to FLA and talk to the folks in the departure lounge.
That is where your money is going.

My mum sponsored a child in Haiti for years before I came here - turns out she lived near some folks I knew. I took a trip out there and tracked her down just to see if the whole thing was some scam - but sure enough she knew who my mum was. She went to school and was generally a pretty cool kid.

So there is both good and bad, from what I have seen.

I shall find out the name of the organisation if you like.

My sister sponsors a child in the D.R. to go to school - again totally coincidentally.

Yes please tell me. I'm not rich but I'd like to contribute something.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Yes please tell me. I'm not rich but I'd like to contribute something.

the one big international NGO that I give money to is
Doctors Without Borders | MSF USA

I have been watching them run their staging operation for Haiti out of a rented place here in Gazcue and am FULL of admiration for the dedicated doctors and nurses who come down to serve. Many just sleep in cots on the porch!!

Right now it looks like they are the ones who are running the operation for the epidemic in St Marc.

One of the things that I like about them is that they make very good use of volunteers. Plus when they cannot use a donation for a specific place, they let you know .. and ask if they can use your money elsewhere.

great organization.. heros is my book

shawn27

May 24, 2010
the one big international NGO that I give money to is
Doctors Without Borders | MSF USA

I have been watching them run their staging operation for Haiti out of a rented place here in Gazcue and am FULL of admiration for the dedicated doctors and nurses who come down to serve. Many just sleep in cots on the porch!!

Right now it looks like they are the ones who are running the operation for the epidemic in St Marc.

One of the things that I like about them is that they make very good use of volunteers. Plus when they cannot use a donation for a specific place, they let you know .. and ask if they can use your money elsewhere.

great organization.. heros is my book

Thanks Annie. I'll have to check them out when I'm there in December. My hotel is in Gazcue.