Why are so many Ford Escape on the market, is this good or bad?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
We just went to 2 cars a year ago.

Much better.. nobody stranded by the other's errands
And takes the stress off one car - less miles.... one for local, the other for road trips

I did the same. The requirement for a daily driver are just too different from those of a weekend/travel vehicle to have it all in just one car. Specially considering gas prices in DR. I have a car for daily commuting that helps me save gas, and a truck for weekends and the ocassional mild off roading I need to do at least once a month. When I drove the truck to work everyday my gas bill was around DOP 30k a month. I cut that in more than half now (9-10k DOP/mo), and keep the truck only for those occasions when the car won't do. That has worked wonders for me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we also have two: one small for city driving and a bigger SUV for everything else.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
Get a Honda CR-V American version and you will be please. I say this because I own one and I expend between 2800 to 3000 PESOS every week on gas and this is because I am a real estate agent and do a lot driving showing properties in the Juan Dolio area, other wise I think that my weekly gas consumption would it be around 2200.00RD per week.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Escape has weak transmission and suspension, it's built like a sedan, just a bit higher. Not good for DR. I was thinking about one for my wife, but finally I bought Chevrolet Trailblazer for her, much stronger truck chassis.
This is what I heard, weak transmission and I think it had major recall when I was looking for a small SUV. Luckily a great used car came by and I bit. Regardless what others says, I am happy with my Kia Sportage so far.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I favour the non-US versions of any make..... they're not as delicate or electronic in most cases and will deliver better (less breakdowns)

The Hyundai and KIA makes are very affordable and have good warranties.