Why live in DR?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
del4fun00???

In a land far away and many years ago....

Look, the Dr is a wonderful place to live. But you have to give it a chance. On so many occasions, most of us here have yelled and griped about the need for education, education, education. That is what it all boils down to.

In another post, I stated that when I first came here forty years ago, I told my parents that the place was 50 or so years behind the US in every aspect. In some areas it still is.

For example, I can remember my own mother (yes, I did have one!) starting the Litter Bug campaign in New Jersey in the early 50s, getting the Ridgewood Women Gardners to distribute Litter Bags for cars. Remember them? For years, I have tried to think of a catchy phrase that we could use here to motivate Dominicans from discarding garbage from any and all moving vehicles...

Snuffy is still going thru his Culture Shock phase. Hell, in the Peace Corps, most of us spent the first year prefixing every mention of Dominicans with anglo-saxon words...

When you get here, relax..Go with the flow. Take care of your personal hygiene, never go barefoot, wear long pants, have bug spray and repellant, bring some of the newer antiseptics and do try and enjoy....

You are free to consult here at any time with any problem-except drugs or firearms-and we will be happy to assit...

HB, the Greeter!?

needs_a_shave.gif

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
Hey Snuffy

Hey snuffy, I am planning a trip to San pedro Sulla this summer. If you dont mind I a few questions about Honduras I would like to ask you. Please e-mail me at jbup@#yahoo.com.