Will my phone work in US?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes, but his phone is prepaid and Altice, so your that wont work for him unless he takes his number to Claro and tight to pay a 12 month contract or 18 months.

Now with Claro you can cancel or change your contract any time you want. If you wait 12 months or even a bit less you can get a free smartphone also.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I am confused.  I thought Altice has been promoting NO ROAMING CHARGE
 that is confuse becase before to have roaming service you had to pay a monthly fee in your phone bill, they cutted that charge and thats why says. Not roaming charges, but they keep charges for use of data or calls.  As Claro is all over Latin America has the advantage to have real roaming with 0.00 charges in your bill using your plan as you were in Dominican Rep.  but soon all companies will have same options like claro and was announced in telecomunications anual reunion in Argentina, 19 countries got agree about no roaming charges for use like the European union.

Here is the link http://eldia.com.do/republica-domin...america-se-comprometen-a-eliminar-el-roaming/

Sluggo

May 4, 2018
AZB, When you are in the US, and somebody in the US wants to call you, do they have to make an international call or can they just dial your DR number?

Sluggo

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB, When you are in the US, and somebody in the US wants to call you, do they have to make an international call or can they just dial your DR number?

Sluggo

correct, it will cost them as international call. just don't pick up the call and call them back. Tell your friends to ring you then you return the call.
AZB

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I am confused.  I thought Altice has been promoting NO ROAMING CHARGE

The part of no roaming charge only include the monthly fee that they used to charge before to have access to Roaming service now do not exist. Charges for data and call service still exist. Actually the only one that really have no roaming charges is Claro if you have a postpay line with indetenible plans.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Go on GSM arena.com and search your phone make and model for your frequencies and then check it vs T-Mobile. Because you can get a T-Mobile chip or Metro PCS (no contract). But if your phone doesn't support their frequencies especially 3G & LTE you won't be able to use it

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Also remember if you are connected to wifi you can make free calls on a wide range of free calling and texting apps. Be that Whatsapp or something like 2nd Line (gives you a secondary phone and texting # for free. I use this for some personal non business and non family communications).