Will the Covid-19 curfew fines be revised?

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Multas-por-violar-TQ-El-Caribe-e1610638972748.jpg

The Attorney General Office says it will review the legality of the fines for those who violate curfew. Several legal experts have said the fines announced violate citizen rights. Others say the government can apply these as the country is in a National State of Emergency.

This week, the Attorney General Office announced fines of RD$1,000 to pedestrians, RD$5,000 for those in vehicles and RD$2,000 to motorcyclists caught circulating during curfew hours.

Read more:Attorney General Office DR1 News DR1 News...

[url=https://dr1.com/wordpress/2021/01/14/will-the-covid-19-curfew-fines-be-revised/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
5pm going forward until everyone gets vaccinated is what I'm hearing from my sources. Haven't heard anything about the fines. Hopefully the majority who want it get poked before this summer. It's going to be a long (and expensive) year.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
5pm going forward until everyone gets vaccinated is what I'm hearing from my sources. Haven't heard anything about the fines. Hopefully the majority who want it get poked before this summer. It's going to be a long (and expensive) year.

I think summer is a tad optimistic, the UK has started mass vaccinating and hope to vaccinate all adults by Autumn

Reactions: CristoRey