Will the Huelga affect the North Coast

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Yesterday in Santiago something like 90-95% business closed....In my block some closed at 2:00 PM....things were quiet...a Sunday on a Monday feel....imho strike was a success....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yesterday in Santiago something like 90-95% business closed....In my block some closed at 2:00 PM....things were quiet...a Sunday on a Monday feel....imho strike was a success....

The strike would be a success if the Medina resigned and fuel prices dropped. That was the goal of the strike. Otherwise, the strike simply cost people time and money.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I cancelled a Dr. appointment downtown. Good thing, because the doctor never showed up.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
The strike would be a success if the Medina resigned and fuel prices dropped. That was the goal of the strike. Otherwise, the strike simply cost people time and money.

I'm sure you will be a happy camper when the next time you drive up to the pump and pay less:cheeky:(don't know if you drive)....prices have been dropping for about a week now....expecting that Medina would walk away was not realistic...

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I'm sure you will be a happy camper when the next time you drive up to the pump and pay less:cheeky:(don't know if you drive)....prices have been dropping for about a week now....expecting that Medina would walk away was not realistic...

Have you checked the price of Diesel lately....hasn't come down but went up.....so much for success....what do all the big transport trucks use, big busses, dump trucks, small haul trucks....all use diesel.....ask them if they are paying less.....
My thoughts not yours.....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

The price of fuels is an insignificant part of my budget. But sure, every peso less I pay for anything is a good thing. As for the "strikes", for the 15 years I have been here I have not noticed that they have a significant effect on achieving their goals. Their expectations are never realistic.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
The price of fuels is an insignificant part of my budget. But sure, every peso less I pay for anything is a good thing. As for the "strikes", for the 15 years I have been here I have not noticed that they have a significant effect on achieving their goals. Their expectations are never realistic.

Oh you mean the 90-95% of businesses that closed are "strikers"....:cheeky:

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
True, but they blow off steam like a kid throwing a tantrum.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Medina resgning you have a better chance of snow Blizzard in SD

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Whoopie, gas goes down a buck. It's still only $2 whatever in the states and oil is tumbling lower than $50....

If you buy $150 of groceries at Woodmans you can fill your tank for $1.99 a gallon.

Where does the money go in the DR[emoji1787]