Will the National State of Emergency expire on 1 June 2020?

Sep 4, 2012
Government will try for a second wave after the 13th of June (the extension just approved will take us to that date), hoping to get at least another 10 days (of course they would ask for 25), PRM will bitch and kick, but will give in (again), at that point of time that will take us to o/a June 24th - that's when I expect everything back to normal.

Week an a half prior to election day, for those counting. Perfect timing for party in charge!

Nailed it!

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
It must be nice and comfortable in bed

lol, yes actually it is. Very comfortable in both beds I primarily occupy (DR and US). But if your implying that I spend the majority of my time there?......well, I wish I could.

I returned from the DR on a reparation flight shortly after they closed the borders on March 19th.
since then (after a 14 day self quarantine at home) I’ve been serving as the volunteer coordinator for Covid-19 testing in for the municipality in which I reside. (I have a background that apparently makes me well qualified in this role).

Now testing is a GOOD thing. But the problem with testing is that it is not consistent. There are currently more than 100 different testing methodologies that have received “emergency approval” from the FDA here in the US. some have very high rates of false negatives. And some also have unacceptable rates of false positives.

The primary test that we employ is the deep nasal swab PCR test as it is currently considered the most accurate. But still, it can have an unacceptable rate of false negatives due to a variety of factors (failure to go deep enough into the sinus cavity for example).

To me, the most important “statistics” are the actual numbers of hospitalizations and the number of deaths.
In the relatively small state where I live, we have had over 4,000 CV-19 deaths in just a few months (with a population of 4,000,000).

I sincerely hope you, Mr El Rey de Mango, and everyone else who you care about are NEVER affected by this virus. I wish the same for all DR-1 members, and for everyone in the world.
(I myself have lost two friends, both younger than myself)

But the reality is that this virus is still evolving. What we know about it now is somewhat different Than what we knew a few months ago. And I’m sure what we know now will be different than what we know a year from now.
So for now, I believe the best advice is to follow the recommendations of the experts. Social distancing, hand washing, masks in public, etc. So far, the data seems to indicate that those measures are effective.

Yesterday, as often happens during”surges” and/or staff shortages, I spent the entire day in full PPE and personally swabbed 164 people as part of CV-19 testing.
Today, I’m on my deck, sipping Leyenda as I grill chicken. I look forward to returning to the DR as soon as it is viable to do so (my return flights for April-May-June have all been cancelled by the airlines.).

Again, I hope everyone reading this is NEVER affected/infected by the virus. But the reality is many, many have been. Over 115,000 Americans have died so far.

Please use your judgement to stay safe. if you have a choice, err on the side of caution. Economies can be rebuilt. Life’s lost cannot.

Sep 22, 2009
lol, yes actually it is. Very comfortable in both beds I primarily occupy (DR and US). But if your implying that I spend the majority of my time there?......well, I wish I could.

I returned from the DR on a reparation flight shortly after they closed the borders on March 19th.
since then (after a 14 day self quarantine at home) I’ve been serving as the volunteer coordinator for Covid-19 testing in for the municipality in which I reside. (I have a background that apparently makes me well qualified in this role).

Now testing is a GOOD thing. But the problem with testing is that it is not consistent. There are currently more than 100 different testing methodologies that have received “emergency approval” from the FDA here in the US. some have very high rates of false negatives. And some also have unacceptable rates of false positives.

The primary test that we employ is the deep nasal swab PCR test as it is currently considered the most accurate. But still, it can have an unacceptable rate of false negatives due to a variety of factors (failure to go deep enough into the sinus cavity for example).

To me, the most important “statistics” are the actual numbers of hospitalizations and the number of deaths.
In the relatively small state where I live, we have had over 4,000 CV-19 deaths in just a few months (with a population of 4,000,000).

I sincerely hope you, Mr El Rey de Mango, and everyone else who you care about are NEVER affected by this virus. I wish the same for all DR-1 members, and for everyone in the world.
(I myself have lost two friends, both younger than myself)

But the reality is that this virus is still evolving. What we know about it now is somewhat different Than what we knew a few months ago. And I’m sure what we know now will be different than what we know a year from now.
So for now, I believe the best advice is to follow the recommendations of the experts. Social distancing, hand washing, masks in public, etc. So far, the data seems to indicate that those measures are effective.

Yesterday, as often happens during”surges” and/or staff shortages, I spent the entire day in full PPE and personally swabbed 164 people as part of CV-19 testing.
Today, I’m on my deck, sipping Leyenda as I grill chicken. I look forward to returning to the DR as soon as it is viable to do so (my return flights for April-May-June have all been cancelled by the airlines.).

Again, I hope everyone reading this is NEVER affected/infected by the virus. But the reality is many, many have been. Over 115,000 Americans have died so far.

Please use your judgement to stay safe. if you have a choice, err on the side of caution. Economies can be rebuilt. Life’s lost cannot.
At PwC when I was up for Partner in 2001, I recall I was called into a room with a few rain makers and gin Gibsons flowing. They said, Mangu, look, youre one of the good ones, but you generate too much paperwork. No one whose attention you will need to get in life can deal with more than a sentence or two.

• Haha
Reactions: Africaida