Wine Stores in Santo Domingo

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Well best prices for good wine? You get what you pay for...
All Supermarkets sells wine, they have a great selection in all pricecatagorys.Sure there are special stores for wine, it's more expensiv, but you get more exclusiv products.So here some of them:

• Love
Reactions: JD Jones

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
There is a new store on Mejía Ricart in Piantini. Its name start with B. Let me find it.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It's called La Bodega.

Also, depending on the type of wines that you are interested, there are sections of supermarkets like Nacional, Bravo, La Sirena where they have many labels mostly from Chile and Spain.

Reactions: VladFridlyand

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Well best prices for good wine? You get what you pay for...
All Supermarkets sells wine, they have a great selection in all pricecatagorys.Sure there are special stores for wine, it's more expensiv, but you get more exclusiv products.So here some of them:

While this was a common belief of yesteryear, there are many other factors to consider now.
Trade agreements. Availability of product. Market name. A-B-C-1-2-3-4....etc.
There are some very good wines which can be purchased at a very economic price point.
As well, you do not want to buy an expensive bottle of wine that has sat on a shelf for a long time, and contains a rotted cork. Buyer beware when attempting to open that SOB.
A very "budget" wine that is very popular within southern tier restaurants here in RD, is Don Simon. Sells in Jumbo for 225 pesos per bottle. Yes, $3.87 USD. I have seen restaurants charge 600 pesos per glass, or 2400 pesos per bottle. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Something to keep in mind for larger gatherings where you may be pouring more than a few bottles.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Don Simon wine comes with headache tablets included. You have to be kidding drinking $3 wine for the holidays. Or you just don't have much money..........................

Yes, as a baggage handler at an RD airport I am sure you are drinking Vina Cobos Nico by the caseload.
Too funny.
The Don Simon mentioned above was stated for members of the community who may be looking for a "decent" affordable table wine that is served in many southern tier restaurants at a ridiculous markup.
Certainly a cut above Frontera.
Get out much when not working the tarmac?

Reactions: VladFridlyand

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This is what I drink. Maybe if you save your food stamps you can buy a bottle one day.