Winsurf Resort-Cabarete??

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Another option for accomodation is the Windsurf Resort in Cabarete. Apparently have 2 bedroom condo avail that is another possibility.
This resort is not affliated with RCI, but with II. Can anyone offer opinions of condition of this resort, location benefits, etc.
AGain, still checking all possible options for last minute change of plans.
I will also do search on this forum.
Gracias!!;)

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Windsurf Resort

This property is on the east end of town--not dead center, but well-located.

Has a good sized pool, an outdoor and a swim-up bar, a restaurant, a large barbecue area useable by guests to make their own treats. It is not on the beach, but has an arrangement with the BIC Center whereby Windsurf guests use their access to beach.

Large majority of Canadian owners who keep coming back--that's good. However, because of a reluctance to increase the fees to these timeshare owners, maintenance isn't as good as it used to be.

Nevertheless, you will be well-received and perfectly safe. Plus you will be in easy walking distance of town--a fact that will more than make up for not being exactly on the beach.

Google them and check out their website--they have a film that will show you the whole property.

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Hey ABe, I tried to view that film and am not able to . Would you know why??
If not, don't worry about it, and thank you for the info.
Not my first choice, but....it looks like a decent place. And, if I sit in on a sales pitch they will reduce the nightly amount. Why not?

abe

Jan 2, 2002
http://www.windsurfcabarete.com/

Click on Virtual Tour in one of the boxes on the right. It opened up Real Player in my system and worked fine.

I think you will have the chance to choose which medium plays the Virtual Tour, but I am not sure.