With the Breeze Comes Quinientos Pesos

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Honesty is the best way. I got paid $10 too much in a bank once and walked back to the teller to return it. She was shocked to see that. But they have to count thier tills at the end of shift so why cause someone any misery. Had it been an extra million I might be tempted

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
BTW I use a small binder clip. Once at KFC I got back way too much money in change. When I twice tried to tell the girl she got mad so I kept it.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Honesty is the best way. I got paid $10 too much in a bank once and walked back to the teller to return it. She was shocked to see that. But they have to count thier tills at the end of shift so why cause someone any misery. Had it been an extra million I might be tempted

Once at my local "Cambio" when I was changing dollars to pesos, the amount in pesos was $10,800.

"BOTH" ladies counting the pesos counted out that I was due $18,000. (10 y 8 = 18)

With my limited Spanish they at first did not understand me when I handed them back the money and said "demasiado".

Needless to say, they were "extremely" happy and thankful when they realized their error.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Mine is metal and really grips strong - just don't bend it and spring it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JSJHQP6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've gone through a few dozen of those. You're really limited on the amount of bills you can put in it. The moment you put too many, it's not going to hold a small amount of bills any more.

The carbon fiber one I mentioned stretches open an incredible amount - more than would feel comfortable in your pocket, and still springs back to it's original shape.

I sometimes wonder if the size is needed to keep it from cracking with large amounts of bills.

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
I recently exchanged some dollars for pesos and then handed back a $2000 peso, asking for it in $200 notes. ¿Me permite dos mil en billetes de doscientos?

Now, some stores still don´t have a spot for $200 in their drawers. These are less common and the teller counted 20 notes.

¿Cuatro mil? I asked.
Dos mil., she replied.

As I staarted counting the cash she realized her blunder. Meanwhile, I kept on counting. Later, it dawned on me that I was enjoying the silly psychological power trip. This time, I get to count the money, and the error will be corrected when I am good and ready, no sooner. Like, I would not have made it out of there, what with the guard and all, without correcting the error, but still she was nervous and all. Then I gave her back her share and asked her to observe while I re-counted the cash I was keeping, so any over or short to her drawer could not be attributed to this blunder.

My point is, that it is so rare for a teller to make an error in your favour, that you might enjoy returning the money, not only because it is honest but because it puts you in charge.
Que no pierda su trabajo. I explained.
¡Gracias! she replied.