Woody Woodpecker committed suicide today in Sosua

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
This morning, around 8 am, all our electricity went off. We first thought this was just another prank played by Edenorte, to annoy their customers.

Our gardener then told us the sad news that Woody had committed suicide, by pecking through the high-voltage wire leading to our transformer.

And yes, there our childtime hero hung, deepfried...

In his farewell letter he wrote he was getting so old, that even the young carpintero chicas did not even look at him. In other words, one depressed gringo carpintero.

We considered preparing him with vino rojo, but he was already well overdone.

Edenorte of course sent a team out, to repair the damage done by Woody, but forgot their ladder...

They were going to come right back, 6 hours ago... Ah well, the planta is running...

We will remember you, our dear friend...

BelgianK

PS: this post is dedicated to DonP (he likes gringo murders) and Ken (Sosua News)

PS2: Woody does not advise trying this yourself.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Woody was probably a better electrician than the Edenorte crowd. I once saw an Edenorte electrician up a ladder against a pole doing a connection on a transformer. He had two wires in his hands and kept looking from one wire to the other, puzzled. I watched for 20 min, situation not resolved. Hope he didn't get cooked.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Have you seen the Coke bottle connection?

They connect the wires, then stuff them in a soda bottle and seal the bottle.

Waterproofing, RD style..... Unique.

Bottle pointed upwards - sealed end down = foolproof...... they're not stupid.

Seriously, its ingenious....

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
This morning, around 8 am, all our electricity went off. We first thought this was just another prank played by Edenorte, to annoy their customers.

Our gardener then told us the sad news that Woody had committed suicide, by pecking through the high-voltage wire leading to our transformer.

In his farewell letter he wrote he was getting so old, that even the young carpintero chicas did not even look at him. In other words, one depressed gringo carpintero.

Edenorte of course sent a team out, to repair the damage done by Woody, but forgot their ladder...

They were going to come right back, 6 hours ago... Ah well, the planta is running...

BelgianK

PS: this post is dedicated to DonP (he likes gringo murders) and Ken (Sosua News)

As a GREAT supporter of Edenorte myself and how wonderful they are. I... YES ME.. Know where your Edenorte repair people were most of the day. RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE watching me watching them. Ya see... they can NOT put a second meter on my place without trespassing... and they know it.

So I'm very sorry that I helped the 3 Stooges get out of fixing your ploblem while I held them hostage... or at least held them up.

I'm also very much more sorry to learn of Woody's passing. RIP.

I happen to have a few extra of his kin at my place and would be more then happy to give you some..

Nice post belgiant. I very much enjoyed. :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
How much wood could a woodpecker peck, if a woodpecker could peck wood ???

With or without his pecker///:rambo:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007

BelgianK

Maple Syrup in the Bag

Woody Woodpecker Laugh - YouTube

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I've seen some good line work done here..........maybe a contractor

ROFL.... ..... ROFL...... STILL. When and where? Did you get photos?

Back too... ROFL.

After all, this IS the Clown Bin.

(Sorry bryan.. I know that some CAN and DO a good job. I just have never seen it... and that is not a joke.)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Natural selection - they're not the brightest of creatures. Round here they make a point of pecking the concrete buildings.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Natural selection - they're not the brightest of creatures. Round here they make a point of pecking the concrete buildings.

Well the 3 Edenorte guys sat for an hour in front of my place with THE Edenorte ladder and ... jajajaja... we were not home for that first hour. We saw them drive in as we left. Came back after an hour and they sitting.... with THE ladder in front with their car doors open and I had to "honk" to get by them.

They sat in the car... walked around... looked our place over... sat in the car for another 4 hours.

Not the brightest is an over statement.

Again, sorry for having THE Edenorte ladder and staff at my place. But I now have another asinine PECKER wood new hobby.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Well the 3 Edenorte guys sat for an hour in front of my place with THE Edenorte ladder and ... jajajaja... we were not home for that first hour. We saw them drive in as we left. Came back after an hour and they sitting.... with THE ladder in front with their car doors open and I had to "honk" to get by them.

They sat in the car... walked around... looked our place over... sat in the car for another 4 hours.

Not the brightest is an over statement.

Again, sorry for having THE Edenorte ladder and staff at my place. But I now have another asinine PECKER wood new hobby.

Very much an over statement...
Did they finish at your place because we are now already without power since more then 48 h :disappoin

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Very much an over statement...
Did they finish at your place because we are now already without power since more then 48 h :disappoin

Sorry that I'm screwing everybody up. See your post that has my post. Ditto again today.

They really want to get that second "control meter" in but....

.... they know I carry a gun and shoot trespassers? (just kidding... maybe.)

BTW... our going to solar as our main power source is really paying off in just the fact that Edenorte can not figure WHY my daily kwh's have gone from 65 to less then 20. You would have to read the thread.

If they are here again tomorrow, I'll let you know and YOU can come and get them. lol

good luck

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Great news... power is restored, and you can sniff the fresh air on the el choco track once again, as we were able to jump into the shower... jiehaaaa

Mind you, I had to bully and threathen Edenorte, and a big bunch of luck was involved (they actually claimed they had no report of a malfunction. When I showed them the paper of the first report, they said it had been fixed, and finally gave me a new report). They finally showed up around 5pm today, just as I was driving out. I immediately placed my car strategically across the road, so they had no chance to escape.

I could see the panic in their eyes!!! I was considering to set the hounds loose, but then remembered that 2 dead Edenorte technicians do not make 1 good live one. I also considered the consequences of getting no more technicians here, so I kept the pooches locked up.

I used my considerable charm, and ended up with a brandnew cable, and a brandnew meter which actually reads zero....

Yes, I know I am disillusional, but let me hope, at least for 1 month, my meter will now reflect my real usage, and not the one they want...

We hurried up with the autopsy of Woody (kentucky fried woodpecker), and gave him a nice burial by tossing him over the fence.

BelgianK

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Just TOOO funny ... but then I and many others have shared your warm and rewarding experience.
And Just think? U got a new SMART meter too. How good can this get I ask you?

Ya, putting the car in a spin kicking up graval while sliding to a stop blocking the road does have it's own rewards. Who'ed of thought that we could do what they do in the movies? Yet..... we learn and do it on our first try.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/environment/125977-changed-solar-wow.html

So you might want to take some readings on your new... greatly improved "Gingo Meter".

Want some new and improved Woody's? I'll pack some up for you. Free of charge and delivered.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I will take readings every day... lol

So they took the old meter out, without taking notice of the usage. I asked how they were going to bill me this month? And they just grinned, and lifted their shoulders.

I have already ordered a rescussitate machine through Amazon, for when I get the next bill in a week or so. Please let it be here on time.

We are planning on building here, or at least buying, and solar will definetely be an option I will consider then. Why did you not go for windpower?

BelgianK

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I will take readings every day... lol

So they took the old meter out, without taking notice of the usage. I asked how they were going to bill me this month? And they just grinned, and lifted their shoulders.

I have already ordered a rescussitate machine through Amazon, for when I get the next bill in a week or so. Please let it be here on time.

We are planning on building here, or at least buying, and solar will definetely be an option I will consider then. Why did you not go for windpower?

BelgianK

Next to "Bob" I carry nitro. If I can't hit them with a 9mm, "Bob", I can shove some pills into their mouths and when I need the pills due to my bill I'm good.... Or I can use "Bob" on me.

I started with a small wind generator and it did fine... is still doing fine but for a trickle charge.

Rather then post all the stuff, time line and where I am at.. read the other thread. You will read that I changed to solar as my main power about the same time as the new meters and that months bill.......... was great for us BUT not the true amount that we owned. They screwed up and I'm not telling.

When you are ready to plan your new place.... we have LOT'S of good people to advise, discuss, argue, fight and ......... you will have the advantage of learning from all of them.

Now.... how about some new Woodys'?