Word Challenge:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
It's something like a total unawareness of their surroundings / other people. You see it in traffic when waiting for a traffic light. The moment the light turns green someone in the carro publico in front of you decides that he is getting of the car, or someone on the sidewalk, not even looking at the car when the light is red, decides to enter it, when the light turned green.

The same happens with door gates and electric stairs. For some reason the average person here thinks that when you came down with an electric stairs or when passing through a door opening, you have to stand still and keep your conversation (or in a door opening)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
OBLIVIOUS

went to the bank yesterday, and the line stretched around the building. the lady in front of me gets to the teller, then starts rummaging energetically through her handbag to find her ID. lady, you have been in the line for 30 minutes. couldn't you have gotten everything ready during that time?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
OBLIVIOUS

went to the bank yesterday, and the line stretched around the building. the lady in front of me gets to the teller, then starts rummaging energetically through her handbag to find her ID. lady, you have been in the line for 30 minutes. couldn't you have gotten everything ready during that time?

Dominicans like most Latinos are not taught to think ahead. In our neck of the woods for centuries we had to plan during summer how to survive the winter. This formed our way of thinking, well for many of us. ;)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Dominicans like most Latinos are not taught to think ahead. In our neck of the woods for centuries we had to plan during summer how to survive the winter. This formed our way of thinking, well for many of us. ;)

you have a point there. in places like the caribbean, the future is supper time.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Can we participate twice? Last night talking with milady I realized that Comfortable is the best single word that fits me and the Dominican Republic and milady all at the same time.

Fish, you are the kind of guy with a disposition that would make the best of any situation. when i grow up, i want to be just like you.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we get to have another go? i have a perfect gif then:

ekpy1e.gif

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
It's interesting seeing how the DR looks like through the eyes of those who have had a DR experience
or are currently living there.:)

Yet there are those who in the mist of chaos, corruption, hellhole, etc. are able to see the beauty that
is the DR (relaxation, heaven, paradise, exotic, sunshine, etc.) ;)