Words of advice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie Elemeska

Jun 23, 2015
And what is it that makes you think i don't have what it takes? Instead of writing negatively maybe share some positive advice

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you have teaching experience… Check out the Puntacana International School, Cap Cana Heritage School or Bavaro Bilingual School.
Write to them to see what may be available and follow up with a call.

Natalie Elemeska

Jun 23, 2015
Unfortunately i don't. I am a hairstylist but currently doing admin work for an auto shop. I'm open to anything though its just to occupy our time. Thank you

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I don't know BUT deep down inside (pun intended lol) I am thinking you like what you see. The men in particular!!!!!!!!!!! hmmmmmmmmmm

Natalie Elemeska

Jun 23, 2015
in dr? hahaha i am not leaving my life behind to go and be with a sanky.. not my first trip there i know not to trust the men.

Natalie Elemeska

Jun 23, 2015
We decided we need a change. It's been something we have wanted to do for a long time but weren't ready for the risk. But now both in a good place in our lives where financially we can make a move. In DR we can have a better life than we can have here BECAUSE its becoming too expensive to survive. Aside from the stack of bills were slapped with every month your looking at 300k min to buy a condo here.. rent starts at 1500$ .. you need an easy 4k min a month to live good. The cost of living is definitely cheaper and of course how cheap or expensive it is, is completely up to you. The weather is great. And of course you dont have to wait for the weekend to party ;) lol.. Eventually we plan to open a business ..

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
We decided we need a change. It's been something we have wanted to do for a long time but weren't ready for the risk. But now both in a good place in our lives where financially we can make a move. In DR we can have a better life than we can have here BECAUSE its becoming too expensive to survive. Aside from the stack of bills were slapped with every month your looking at 300k min to buy a condo here.. rent starts at 1500$ .. you need an easy 4k min a month to live good. The cost of living is definitely cheaper and of course how cheap or expensive it is, is completely up to you. The weather is great. And of course you dont have to wait for the weekend to party ;) lol.. Eventually we plan to open a business ..

For 300K you can buy a 4 or more unit apartment building in Canada or USA. The rental income offsets the debt service, not including repairs and such.
Natalie, if you like the ocean and warmer weather, there are still cost friendly options in the red neck Riviera, Florida Pan Handle.
Some rents or cost to buy in DR might look cheap but the pay is much less than USA and Canada.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We understand all that we have a lot of friends that live there and they have prepped us so we know what life will be like and how they live. This is why we are giving it a try for 3 months instead of packing up life and just moving. At the end of that 3 months if it doesn't work out we come back to our stressful 60 hr work stack of bills and cold weather :((((

I repeat what I tell everyone with this idea. Do not come down here to work (unless you work on the Internet). Those 60 hour a week jobs are paying for your free health care in the Great White North which you won't have while you are in the DR.

And please do post your results at the end of your 3 month stay when you return home.

Natalie Elemeska

Jun 23, 2015
About 3 years ago you could buy a house for 275 in my area now 300k for a 2 bedroom condo that is 600sq ft.. in order to even buy they are asking for 60k down and an income of 8k a month. Which for my age is not realistic. I have heard florida is very affordable when it comes to buying property we have a family friend that owns a couple houses there. But the cost of everything else is the same.

Natalie Elemeska

Jun 23, 2015
I want to work not so that i can survive there but i think that it will help me with the language and gain some experience and knowledge of the city. Our plan is to open a business

Status
Not open for further replies.