Working conditions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
the OP is aware that people work unpaid hours in this country, and in others. what he or she appears to be asking is why this is so. it is obviously a travesty of justice, so why is it apparently accepted?

Sounds like she has a good decent job in a poor country with very high unemployment. She either plays along or there is a huge line of people waiting to take her place.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
If you are management or an executive officer your hours are whatever it takes to get the task completed. If it's 10 hours a week then golf or a 100 hrs, just as long as the mission is completed successfully, you're on salary. Here.. it's a totally different arrangement. You speak of being covered legally, more likely than not that is not even a possibility.

You are correct and it happens in the USA also. I was hired to be a facility manager and was told that I was a salary employee for 40 hours/week, but they expected that it would take more ours than that to do my job. I worked extra hours with no additional pay. It was a good paying job.

Status
Not open for further replies.