XM Satellite Radio

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have experienced just what you say... but remember, Pto Rico has coverage and RD can catch that satellite.

I had no trouble mentioning the DR to Sirius, in fact the telephone tech said that my subscription should work wherever i wanted.
But I have learned not to listen to all of them - only some are knowledgeable..

Anyway, My car works and i get it on the DISH network in the house....I'm happy.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They might have been activated and not 'cut off'....

the system ain't perfect.....

JD = Freddy the Freeloader...............hehehe

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have purchased two Sirius receivers on EBAY. I have both of them installed on my cars, and they work flawlessly.

The amazing thing is, I've never bought a subscription!!! LOL

They were probably hacked by Dominicans in NY.

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
I have used Sirus for around 7 years here on the North coast. I did later purchase a "Marine Antenna" so no problems with "pointing" that little one that comes with the unit. I pay with credit card with my "dummy" US address. My 2 cents. Your mileage may vary. Cheers!

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I won a Sirrius satellite radio at a golf tournament a few years ago. Tried it in my truck in Canada and it worked great. I brought it to the DR and put it in my car here. It worked great for the 2 year subscription it had then quit. I tried to get a buddy a Clean Harbours to reactivate it but they quit providing satellite radio in thier company units so I was SOL.
I just don't think its worth what they ask for a yearly subscription.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
I purchased a mobile wifi from Claro and a bluetooth reciever (cheap) and can stream whatever the hell I want off my phone to the radio in the SUV....all sports, music...etc.

I find myself listening to CJBQ 800 in the mornings just to make me feel better about leaving my home town! LOL

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
I won a Sirrius satellite radio at a golf tournament a few years ago. Tried it in my truck in Canada and it worked great. I brought it to the DR and put it in my car here. It worked great for the 2 year subscription it had then quit. I tried to get a buddy a Clean Harbours to reactivate it but they quit providing satellite radio in thier company units so I was SOL.
I just don't think its worth what they ask for a yearly subscription.

They should have an a-la-cart option, where you could put one or two stations on and get a big discount. Sometimes you just need a taste of US culture to prevent yourself from climbibg the walls.

I checked, $8/m for your selection of 50 channels, but it might take a specific radio model.
If they don't offer it, decline, and rest assured. they will try to call you back soon offering a-la-cart.
Activating you costs them one pager beep effectively, so they just want money, any money.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I brought down a unit.. a mobile unit for car installation.

Sirius works, XM doesn't (as I recall) so watch out.
I had both accounts - an original XM, then Sirius with a car or two.

You get most stations... no golf or hockey but most of the music channels.

In short, yes it works, just watch which one

Golf on the radio????????

What's next, a channel to listen to paint drying?????

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
that's a common complaint.... even by the SIRIUS employees !... Same old, same old.

With an IP from the US , try Pandora or Jango in Canada

Try the Latin music JD....or 60's or #17

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I agree that when I have to pay for Sirius radio, I will just let it remain expired. It is still working in the vehicle I purchased over a year ago.

equinn2823

Sep 30, 2013
I have a toyota corolla type s here with satellite. not sure if its xm or sirius but it does not get a signal at all. any advice?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Toyota comes with factory xm, will not work in the DR

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I bought an older Sirius radio on ebay. Brought it down and it works in Samana. Thanks for all the tips. My life here is now complete. Radio is set to Octane for a much needed break from bachata !!!!!