Yankees need to tame those Tigers!!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
14EFA2DC394236E73513DAC5DCF99.jpg

From the MSN home page...How sweet it is!!

MQ

bobandjudy

Jan 20, 2006
Hey y'all, it's all about pitching. Great pitching shuts down great hitters in a short series. During the regular season, the Yanks feasted off of KC, Tampa Bay, Seattle, etc. But once they got to the playoffs...a different story facing the team with the best ERA in baseball. Bonderman threw 41 pitches in the first 5 innings--he took the Yanks hitters out of their game of waiting for the pitcher to make a mistake with his aggressiveness.

What should the Yanks do now? Seems to me that they need one more shut-down starter (Barry Zito?), beef up the middle bullpen, and begin grooming a successor to Rivera. They also need to play guys who can win at small ball. Until then, I feel that yes, they'll continue to dominate the AL East with 3-run homers, but then come up short again in the playoffs.

Y'all have a great day and thanks for a great thread, Bob

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Torre sucks...

Torre just sits on his ass and watches the game. He talks like a politician(which means he spends alot of time either the same thing over and over again or talks alot and says nothing) and he cannot motivate his players.

He's overpaid and needs to get out of town, along with pretty boy Alex Rodriguez, who will wind up with a ton of offensive numbers that will mean absolutely nothing.

Home runs, hits, who cares when you can't come through in the clutch?

WE NEED SWEET LOU!!!!

I am a life long Yankee fan, and am not ashamed to say that - not even now, with the vultures hovering overhead. Of course I don't agree with most of what I've read in the posts, but I do acknowledge that everyone has a right to their own opnions. Still, it's too bad that people are almost vicious in their hate of the Yankees. As a Yankee fan, I definitely do not like the Red Sox, but I appreciate and respect players like David Ortiz, etc. From my experience not too many "Yankee haters" feel that way, though. They hate everyone on the Yankees just because they play for the Yankees. For that reason, I have a special respect for people like Cleef - who live and die with the Red Sox, as I do with the Yankees. Cleef doesn't like the Yankees at all, but he does appreciate good players like Jeter, Rivera, etc. As I said, everyone is welcome to their opinions, but I defiintely don't agree with the person who said Jeter is a fake, and the other one who said that Joe Torre sucks. By the way, just because I'm a Yankee fan doesn't mean I like everyone on the team, or the owner. A Rod only cares about one thing - A Rod. He needs to go, although I'm not holding out much hope that the Yankees will be able to unload him.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Agreed, but unmoved.

I am a life long Yankee fan, and am not ashamed to say that - not even now, with the vultures hovering overhead. Of course I don't agree with most of what I've read in the posts, but I do acknowledge that everyone has a right to their own opnions. Still, it's too bad that people are almost vicious in their hate of the Yankees. As a Yankee fan, I definitely do not like the Red Sox, but I appreciate and respect players like David Ortiz, etc. From my experience not too many "Yankee haters" feel that way, though. They hate everyone on the Yankees just because they play for the Yankees. For that reason, I have a special respect for people like Cleef - who live and die with the Red Sox, as I do with the Yankees. Cleef doesn't like the Yankees at all, but he does appreciate good players like Jeter, Rivera, etc. As I said, everyone is welcome to their opinions, but I defiintely don't agree with the person who said Jeter is a fake, and the other one who said that Joe Torre sucks. By the way, just because I'm a Yankee fan doesn't mean I like everyone on the team, or the owner. A Rod only cares about one thing - A Rod. He needs to go, although I'm not holding out much hope that the Yankees will be able to unload him.

The Jeter and Torre bashing is absurd, that's not just my opinion, it's informed insight. Bashing MeRod is another story. Someone that cares for him needs to plead with him to just STFU!!

The Yankees didn't choke, they got beat by a better team (perhaps not a better 'lineup' but a better 'team').

And Steve, I like the Yankees, grew up with them on WPIX, named all my chickens and a cat after them (Mickey and Munson were my favorites) but I do not - and will not - root for them. I like underdogs, something the Yankees have never been in my lifetime. I root against the bullies, and their budget makes them bullies.

The Yankee fans - all of them - feel it's their right to go to the championship every year; that's both good and bad. Good for them to have such a successful organization that they expect it like a birthright, but bad in that it pits EVERYONE else against them.

Some teams are easy to root for (Cubs, Marlins, and this year Detroit) because the expectations are small. Other teams are very simple to root against because we all like surprises and despise bullies; the MFY's in the World Series has gotten old for the current baseball generation.

I'm happy to see Joe Torre stay, he's a good coach, and as far as sitting on his hands, well, it's not his job to advance runners or knock them in. I see the MFY's as one of the best coached teams around. Torre is a PR man for the players on the field. They have more coaches than any team. Don't look to him to win games. They have the best players in the world, it's entirely up to them.

I think a lot of their excellence has to do with having such a great leader in Jeter. He's like a coach on the field. Every time he takes an extra base, or advances a runner, or makes a great effort on a ball, he's teaching the rest around him. There is no coaching that can ever match what he does for the players around him.

MeRod has been there two years and hasn't picked up a single thing from Jeter. That's no one's fault but his own, that's not coaching, he's a grown man (more like a little boy, but you get my drift hopefully).

He's also been a loser everywhere he's gone, and teams have gotten better upon him leaving. That's all fact.

That being said, I hope they keep him forever. I feel terrible in the thought of rooting against someone and hoping they fall down, it's unhealthy. However, I sincerely smile when I see yet another error, and yet another strikeout or weak ground ball with RISP.

Please save your MFY bashing. Enough has been said.

(feel free to PM me with it though)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
well..torre is staying...

and i am a sox fan...and while i dont like the yankee's as they are a team in my division...i dont personaly distain many of the players. Ok..i think Arod is a way over paid pretty boy who cant compete with jeter. I like cano...always liked el duque...love damon (just ****ed the sox actualy let him go)....have the utmost respect for mariano..

HOWEVER...it is gratifying to see george throw all his money around and have great players and the team still wiffs in the play-offs. (muah hah ha;-). THe players just didnt play with heart.

gotta say tho...joe made some bad judgments this time around...was was Randy J doing on first base?

The one thingst yankees fans here in nyc could learn from boston...is how to lose with DIGNITY. Detroit is a hot YOUNG team...the yanks are getting kinda old (with the exception of r. cano).

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Steve: I don't HATE the Yankees, I don't LIKE the fact that they GLOAT and EXPECT to win it ALL every year, just because they have ALL the money...Right now, I'm starting to ALMOST feel sorry for them...

I like some of their players, like Bernie, Mariano, and Sheff...(only 'cause I met him when he played with the Marlins) I don't like MeRod, or Jeter for that matter...don't ask me why...I just reject him as soon as I see him on the field...must be a sixth sense! ;)

I'm happy to see Joe Torre stay, he's a good coach, and as far as sitting on his hands, well, it's not his job to advance runners or knock them in. I see the MFY's as one of the best coached teams around. Torre is a PR man for the players on the field. They have more coaches than any team. Don't look to him to win games. They have the best players in the world, it's entirely up to them.

Great statement as usual, Cleef...Blaming the manager is absurd...yes, they can make bad calls once in a while...but if the players don't execute on the field...who's fault is that???

And to me, the reason some of the Yankee players don't execute is because they are overwhelmed with the attention being paid to them by the media and the fans...precisely because of all that money their making...when they can't perform to the standards they are expected to perform...Is that understandable? Oh, well...I understand myself! ;)

MQ

GO METS!!!!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Bozo is also capable ....

The Jeter and Torre bashing is absurd, that's not just my opinion, it's informed insight. Bashing MeRod is another story. Someone that cares for him needs to plead with him to just STFU!!

The Yankees didn't choke, they got beat by a better team (perhaps not a better 'lineup' but a better 'team').

And Steve, I like the Yankees, grew up with them on WPIX, named all my chickens and a cat after them (Mickey and Munson were my favorites) but I do not - and will not - root for them. I like underdogs, something the Yankees have never been in my lifetime. I root against the bullies, and their budget makes them bullies.

The Yankee fans - all of them - feel it's their right to go to the championship every year; that's both good and bad. Good for them to have such a successful organization that they expect it like a birthright, but bad in that it pits EVERYONE else against them.

Some teams are easy to root for (Cubs, Marlins, and this year Detroit) because the expectations are small. Other teams are very simple to root against because we all like surprises and despise bullies; the MFY's in the World Series has gotten old for the current baseball generation.

I think a lot of their excellence has to do with having such a great leader in Jeter. He's like a coach on the field. Every time he takes an extra base, or advances a runner, or makes a great effort on a ball, he's teaching the rest around him. There is no coaching that can ever match what he does for the players around him.

MeRod has been there two years and hasn't picked up a single thing from Jeter. That's no one's fault but his own, that's not coaching, he's a grown man (more like a little boy, but you get my drift hopefully).

He's also been a loser everywhere he's gone, and teams have gotten better upon him leaving. That's all fact.

That being said, I hope they keep him forever. I feel terrible in the thought of rooting against someone and hoping they fall down, it's unhealthy. However, I sincerely smile when I see yet another error, and yet another strikeout or weak ground ball with RISP.

Please save your MFY bashing. Enough has been said.

(feel free to PM me with it though)
If the manager's role is to sit on his a$$ and not MANAGE the game, then Bozo or a monkey could do the job for much less money or bananas!!! The manager's task, among many, is to put players in the game to WIN games. Taking risk is part of managing, if he has to replace a player during the game or change the line up, that's his job. Torre is not a risk taker under any circumstance - he said as much during an interview with Tim Russert and WillieR, LouP, Whitey, Yogi .... time for him and A-Rod to GO!!!! :glasses:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Newsflash: Torre will remain manager of the Yankees...we can close this thread...

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Yeah...after all...why are we still talking about the MFY anyway???

They are home crying their big egos out and resting those million dollar bones for next year!!! ;)

MQ

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Same sh!t next year!!!!

Newsflash: Torre will remain manager of the Yankees...we can close this thread...
Next year at this time you can revisit this thread .... Yankees will be spectators again to the ALCS and World Series, except it'll be Jays and Mets!!!!! :glasses:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Toronto and the New York Mess ? they're just as bad as the NY Stank-ees.....

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Ah, Kyle...baby...What do you mean the Mets are bad?

Do you know where they are right now?

Playing for the NLCS, and winning 1-0...

GO METS!!!

MQ

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
oh yeah, THIS YEAR...can you name another year they were doing this ? i didn't think so. let me tell you 1969 !!!

Pedro's not really hurt. he's just going through menopause....

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Wrong Mister!!!!! Mets 1986 WS Champs

oh yeah, THIS YEAR...can you name another year they were doing this ? i didn't think so. let me tell you 1969 !!!

Pedro's not really hurt. he's just going through menopause....
1986 World Series, Mets vs Red Sucks .... remember Bill Buckner?? :laugh:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Who cares about the Yankees. They're yesterday's news. Today's news is all about Deeeetroit...They're unstoppable!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Granpa Bill Buckner ? yes i remember him..no i'm not a NY Stank-ee fan beside they are yesterday's news...the series is 2-2 as of today. i don't hate Pedro, i hear he has a sister that looks just like him..what a terrible thought..LOL