Yeni Berenice Reynoso Speaks Out

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
If there's one that I don't trust (and of course that's not a prosecutor) it's the here often praised Nuria Piera. Besides her highly unprofessional way of making TV, she only goes after those she wants to go or is send to go after.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
If there's one that I don't trust (and of course that's not a prosecutor) it's the here often praised Nuria Piera. Besides her highly unprofessional way of making TV, she only goes after those she wants to go or is send to go after.

i think the comments on articles about nuria also show a certain mistrust from dominicans. comments in dominican media in general give a good feel on what is happening in the country. i have a gringo friend here with whom i exchange links to articles about DR politics/life daily. i pointed comments section to him once and now he also looks there for a full picture of events.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
i think the comments on articles about nuria also show a certain mistrust from dominicans. comments in dominican media in general give a good feel on what is happening in the country. i have a gringo friend here with whom i exchange links to articles about DR politics/life daily. i pointed comments section to him once and now he also looks there for a full picture of events.
I do read the comments now and then, but that's not really a balanced representation of the reality either. For a certain newspaper it's a certain type of people commenting (left or right side of the political spectrum for example). Or judging by the language or spelling used many are or low class or illiterate. (not only in DR though...you should read the comments below dutch news articles, that actually helps me to realize my homeland as full of ignorant fools, well, that's my point: those are the ones taking the time to comment on a news article, it's almost like posting on a forum).

Besides that: it seems to me that the average dominican loves to criticize anyone who: is in power or has a lot of money. Without any 'discernimiento'. Also fun is to listen to programs on the radio like 'El Gobierno de la ma?ana'. A bunch of guys, all with their gut feelings, commenting, criticizing, radicalizing the society they created themselves, without really having a clue of what they are talking about.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you are correct, mauricio. i actually quit reading polish newspapers because of the comments. vicious does not even begin to describe it. rabid animals foaming at the mouth would be much close representation. nasty.

in DR at least you know that the bottom of the barrel of the society: the poorest, the pathologies, the crazy - do not comment for the lack of access to the internet/computers and the lack of ability to use computers or even just to write. so it is slightly better. la zeta is my favourite radio station: very funny, very sharp and very much on point. except for the fact that the b**ching is, as you said, really about the core of the hearts of the dominican people. they complain about corruption but think it's normal to pay their way off a driving fine. they complain about dirt and block sewage, all while throwing their trash directly on the street. they complain about the noise but you can hear the call is distorted because the volume of their own radios is cranked to the max.

but we digress. i can only say that i really enjoy dominican media: newspapers, radio, even tv. so much different than back home. so much more robust, naive, accelerated.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I agree with your post....accept that I HATE dominican TV and most of the radio. Dutch TV is kind of left oriented, and I am probably kind of right oriented, but at least it's professional. Dominican tv is mostly a bunch of guys overscreaming each other or else a show with an old guy that can't sing and three female dancers that can't dance.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Why almost every Dominican official like prosecutor, general, etc. has face expressions and the manner of speech of a mentally retarded person? It looks like the intellectual disability is a must–have for those who want to be a politician or a government official.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
i used to be like " go yeni", but every case that doesn?t go her way she gives a press conference saying that she?s embarrassed of the system, even if the prosecution is the one at fault.

Most of the cases that get dropped (or in which the perpetrator walks free) are actually due to either a faulty prosecution or police behavior. For example, why would a prosecutor let the time that they have to do diligences prescribe if they really cared? Yet, this keeps happening.
yes i think that you are 100 % correct ...too many cases in her office have to be delayed or dropped because of faulty presentation

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Me too, but sometimes I pass the room of the maid who is watching that (or a novela) or at some families house where they use the TV as background music.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It's like when I feel the urge to see a "Midget, Gay, Drunk,Priest, Disabled, Transvestite",get hit over the head with a 2X4, I watch Dominican Variety Shows!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
It's like when I feel the urge to see a "Midget, Gay, Drunk,Priest, Disabled, Transvestite",get hit over the head with a 2X4, I watch Dominican Variety Shows!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

That's when you are not feeling well... LOL

JJ

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I still like Nuria, but she lost a lot of my respect when she started dating Felucho Jimenez (corrupt dude from PRD) and of course she never did a piece on him or his buddies. Yeni also has a certain agenda, although that doesn't mean she's wrong about this particular judge. The only guy who STILL has my 100% respect is Guillermo Moreno who's the only one whom when given the chance started trying to go after big fish including Balaguer himself. Of course he was immediately fired by Leonel...What we really need is an independent Depreco headed by Moreno...it's never going to happen of course.

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
I still like Nuria, but she lost a lot of my respect when she started dating Felucho Jimenez (corrupt dude from PRD) and of course she never did a piece on him or his buddies. Yeni also has a certain agenda, although that doesn't mean she's wrong about this particular judge. The only guy who STILL has my 100% respect is Guillermo Moreno who's the only one whom when given the chance started trying to go after big fish including Balaguer himself. Of course he was immediately fired by Leonel...What we really need is an independent Depreco headed by Moreno...it's never going to happen of course.

I believe Felucho Jimenez is member PLD. Anyway, Nuria selective or not aswell as for example Alicia Ortega doing at least something. Personaly I like to listen to Sebastian Ricardo a lot ( saterday's at 8.00 pm, chanel 29 ( Star ).

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I believe Felucho Jimenez is member PLD. Anyway, Nuria selective or not aswell as for example Alicia Ortega doing at least something. Personaly I like to listen to Sebastian Ricardo a lot ( saterday's at 8.00 pm, chanel 29 ( Star ).

Correct...freudian slip I guess. Still corrupt though.