Your Opinion On Dr1

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Mature

ltsnyder said:

Thank you Robert, for creating and maintaining such a wonderful sight. I might not say it often, but it is a great service to all. And we have all matured a little as a result of it.

. . . . again , thank you Robert.

-Lee

I do not feel that I have matured at all. In fact I act more like I am 17 now that I did at 17. And why? Reading all of the post about the young women in the DR.
Charlie

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
It's a good forum/site

It isn't for the weak of heart. It's truthful, ignorant and a free for all.
I like this site, people tend to be truthful at times, bias at others. Information is great and alot of good tips.
I can't believe so many people connect to the DR & Dominicans, for better or worse.

Peace,
Capo

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
ltsnyder said:
It searves as a source of information about the DR, an interactive source you can't get any where else. Any thing bad about it is acceptable bucause it's hard to get questions answered through any other means about DR with out DR1.

Thank you Robert, for creating and maintaining such a wonderful sight. I might not say it often, but it is a great service to all. And we have all matured a little as a result of it.

. . . . again , thank you Robert.

-Lee

Thank you!

But... If only I was that smart to maintain this site on my own.

Dolores, the news crew and the moderators are the real engine behind the site.
I just come on the board and bust a few heads :)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
BushBaby said:
I don't consider it "Girly" to show my feelings for others & I am always happy for others to show me theirs!! By showing my true feelings, I don't have to hide behind a charade of trying to be a hard insensitive man, as many do here!! Perhaps if more showed their true feelings, this board would be more compassionate & less confrontational - having the birthday reminder in place would be a good step in that direction!! ~ Grahame.
Speaking of "true feelings", I suggest you don't venture in that direction. If we were to really unleash our true feelings towards each other, then you will be the first one to repent your statement. You should be thankful to Robert for not giving you all you want. I hear many DR1er say some very unpleasant things about certain board members and you would be surprised to know that I am one of the most "liked" members of the group.

Now if its all about true feeling then there is nothing wrong with sending a greeting PM instead of making a new Happy birthday thread everyday and compel many members to say nice things about someone getting one year older in life. What is so congratulating about adding another year to your 55 plus age? After 40 plus, I see birthdays as a year closer to death. Besides, why people call 45 as being middle age? when was the last time you have met some guy who is in his 90's?
I simply hate this birthday stuff, its so "girly" so when I reach 42, please don't even remind me of my new age.
Thanks.
AZB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
AZB said:
Speaking of "true feelings", I suggest you don't venture in that direction. If we were to really unleash our true feelings towards each other, then you will be the first one to repent your statement. You should be thankful to Robert for not giving you all you want. I hear many DR1er say some very unpleasant things about certain board members and you would be surprised to know that I am one of the most "liked" members of the group.
AZB

Do TELL Dear Boy ... I am all AGOG!!!!! Better open up a new thread though so as not to detract from the OP's question "What do you think of DR1"? PM me as to where you are posting it & I'll come join you for a discussion!! ~ Grahame.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
How Can Anyone Complain Of "Censorship" on DR!,and in the same "breath",

call for the deletion of so called "Personal Attacks"?

Must be some kind of "Girly Man"!

How do YOU spell "Hypocrite"??????? ;)

We ARE a big FAMILY here! Or maybe more like "several Families"!

Sometimes the "Partridge" Family(DR Debates Forum)

Sometimes the "Green" Family(Environmental Forum)

Sometimes the "Heffner" Family(Mars/Venus Forum)

And sometimes the "Manson" Family.You decide which forum??????Cris Colon

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Criss Colon said:
call for the deletion of so called "Personal Attacks"? /QUOTE]

Not totally true, once Anna deleted one of my posts when I was just expressing my for someone?s health!! (I simply told them that I hoped they didn't get hurt falling of the turnip truck from Fargo). ;)

CurlyTop

Jul 7, 2004
Highly Addictive

It gives me a daily escape and makes me feel closer to a country that I love. The diverse personalities of the members and their personal points of view (good and bad), lends a very high entertainment value to the board as well as some useful information. I have been a long time lurker so I feel I know many members even though I have only recenly started posting. I would like to say that you all are special in your own way and I respect everyones opinion. I hope to meet some of you one day.
CT