Yuck, I think I swallowed some of them.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
don't worry about the size shown in above pictures.
they only grow up that huge when you threat your body unhealthy.
your prior posts show me clearly that you live a healthy life,
so they should not exceed 1/4 of the shown size within the first 14 days, ha ha.
healthy lifestyle definition:
* you prepared a salad, maybe not in the most healthy possible manner, but at least you tried, and that should count
* you think about good red wine
* you kill anyways frequently all bad bacteries with a good Malt
so just keep the drinks coming
and you will survive.
Mike

Reactions: FernieBee

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Worms

Okay guys..... this is ANDY's wife......I am reading ALL this stuff about worms.....I am just GLAD they are not CRABS! ;) I am stranded up in NY state with 6 inches of that soft fluffy stuff! Just got back on Monday from visiting the kiddies in Canada....BLOODY COOOOLD there! Now I remember why we moved to Cabarete! Apparently Andy has gone to the Pelican for JAZZ night to get rid of these critters.....WHATEVER. I am sure they took one look at his bald head and headed for his fuzzy grey moustach!!! Now they will bale out in his beer. :cheeky: I will be back soon to WASH the lettuce properly... everyone knows you soak lettuce with a bit of salt even homegrown lettuce in Canada.... of course this time of the year the critters just freeze! Remember Canada is famous for ICE WINE as well. Hasta luego

damarandy

Nov 19, 2007
Okay...I am Andy's wife. Worms??? Could be worse. CRABS you can't **** out! I will be back soon dear and wash your lettuce with salt!

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Okay...I am Andy's wife. Worms??? Could be worse. CRABS you can't **** out! I will be back soon dear and wash your lettuce with salt!

Based on the last 2 posts, it sure looks like my dear wife she has been taking too much of my medicine!!!

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I know it sounds strange, but when in DR, I do not eat produce unless washed with a small amount of Clorox. The locals do it and so should you. Soak in the Clorox/water mixture for 10 minutes, then rinse. Ask a local for the exact Clorox/ water ratio. The Clorox kills anything seen and unseen.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Ok, so my wife is back in Canada for a couple of weeks and left me here in Cabarete where I am making my own meals. No problem and tonight I figure a big salad was a healthy thing to eat so I bought a head of lettuce and other colourful miscellaneous veggies to go with the lettuce (my wife always says colour is important). I soaked and rinsed the head of lettuce in fresh water to rid it of whatever creepy crawlies, dirt and sand etc might be in it.

Once prepared, I know my wife would have been proud as the salad was very colourful and probably healthy as well.

However, about half way through eating this delectable salad, I noticed quite a few creepy crawlies that had obviously been missed. Despite the fact I was probably getting all sorts of vitamins and maybe a bit of unplanned protein and that the salad had a beautiful colour, I immediately stopped eating. They looked like small inch worms with black heads and butts and a clear light green body.

Well, I am certain these things did not settle only in the second half of my salad so I fear that some of them were consumed by me. I immediately guzzled down several large full glasses of wine (red because it is supposed to be good for old hearts) hoping the alcohol would kill them if the chewing didn?t.

So here is my question, what effect will these creepy crawlies have on me, having no doubt consumed a bunch of them?

I certainly hope I get an answer soon or I will have consumed the whole large bottle of red and then I won?t give a damn.

Thanks

Andy

Hahahahah, that was funny. I think you have nothing to worry about (IMHO) The things you see are just protein. Worry about the stuff you don't see.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
No Problem

Think if you check with a doctor, you will find out that the Stomach acid done a number on them. Not a lot lives through that. Then they are just protein, but if it makes you feel better, keep up the vodka treatments.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and the basic potential of that thread is just perfect for us guys.
next time when our "Bosses" are out of town and they hear afterwards some rumors that we spent all nights long at the clubs and bars, heck, we tried to be the usual angels, even prepared some heealthy food, we're just not perfect on such so we had to stay out and take that medication, ha ha.
good plan
Mike

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
did you get up this morning and drag your ass across the floor like a dog does when they have worms;)
and if you did please post video of it

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
wooooaahhahaha
sounds like a promising vid clip, he he.
but hey,
we recommended that medicantion,
and i stick to that medication,
just in case, like a prevention measure, i use such medications often and what??
YES, it helps,
at least i never saw still alive wormies leaving my body, yet.
so that crawlning in the morning may be just the usual sideeffect of our recommended medication, even when finally no worms been involved, ha ha ha
but i wanna get that vid anyways!!!
Mike

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
My dominican wife insists that all uncooked vegetables and fruit we eat are first washed in a product called ? Purissima? the bottle states it is a Desinfectante para agua y alimentos. ( for water and vegetables) and none of us seem to get anything weird. Mind as a safety stop I still have a large whisky every day.
Years ago we used to be advised to wash the above with potassium permanganate.

Dec 2, 2008
Although many of you bravely dismiss the salad's creepy crawlies as protein, and have laughed it off ... it will take me quite sometime to get the imagery out of my mind of the (green with black butts) crawling croutons.

When I eventually defect from the USA "to live a beachfront life" in the DR, I suspect that I will rapidly lose weight from such culinary horrors ... real and imagined.

I must admit, I enjoyed the food there immensely while visiting the Dominican in July. But, having been educated by this blog, I look forward to beginning a whiskey habit when I eventually return !!!