The La Romana-Bayahibe Hotels Association has announced its work plan for 2010-2012. This includes the future launch of the website explorelaromana.com and the development of promotional materials for the destination. The association is also working on developing new cultural and ecological routes, including two in the National Park of the East and another in Bayahibe.
Members of the association are: the hotels Dreams La Romana, Oasis Canoa, Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace, Catalonia Gran Dominicus, Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, Casa de Campo, La Estancia Golf Resort, Bahia Principe Nueva Playa La Romana, Cadaques Caribe, and also the La Romana International Airport, the Casa de Campo Touristic Port, the Bayahibe Electricity Company, Dominicus Americanus Ltd. real estate developer, Restaurante Lagos and Tropical Tours.
On the agenda is the implementation of social corporate responsibility programs to reach out to the community, and the promotion of waste disposal, forestation and training programs.
On the new board of director for 2010-2012 are:
– President: Casa de Campo (Luis Emilio Rodriguez)
– Vice President: Oasis Canoa (Pablo Jaureguizar)
– Secretary: Viva Wyndham Resorts (Massimo Carugati)
– Treasurer: Catalonia Gran Dominicus (Ivan Cunillera)
– Member: Iberostar Dominicus Hacienda (Yves Colman)
– Representative of the Non-Hotel Sector: Compania Electrica de Bayahibe (Antonio Martorell)
– Representative for the La Romana Bayahibe Tourism Cluster: Tropical Tours (Daniel Flaquer)