Cracking Down On Prostitution In Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Victims? Most in the DR do it by choice. They are lazy, it's an easy way to making more in a few hours than they can make in a month at La Sirena.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
In Cuba they put the girls in jail. The clients have no problem with the law.
In Cuba the girls pay taxes on their income ? the only citizens to pay income tax a few years back.

Fidel said the revolution was, among other things like personal power, to free their girls from sexual slavery by the yankee mafia. He then promptly made them earners for the state. No, they only put them in jail for not paying taxes on their income.

Girls that date a foreigner more than three times are jailed until they cough up money for the tax, as obvioiusly they are prostitutes. That way the Cuban dictatorship gets coin from the foreigners by renting out their girls to them.

The stories go on and on, but Michael Moore, Sean Penn, Brad Pitt and Bayonc? know better, don't they?

Last edited:

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Pichardo that bunny farm will have to be the size of Santiago!!!

Pichardo's bunny farm is a perfect example of GOs/NGOs central planning calamities in the making. Saw it in Asia. Happened in Chile. It will turn out to be a more debauched form of slavery than free people making free choices could ever imagine.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Pichardo's bunny farm is a perfect example of GOs/NGOs central planning calamities in the making. Saw it in Asia. Happened in Chile. It will turn out to be a more debauched form of slavery than free people making free choices could ever imagine.

Don't worry, THE CHURCH will never let it happen in the DR. Or will they?

Awaiting news from on the scenes reporters for tomorrow's (Tuesday's) up cumming events regarding JOHNS in Sosua.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i agree with few posters before me. dominican putas are not victims. they are lazy, sometimes desperate, sometimes they know no other way (i know a woman who was a puta until she found a gringo to take care of her, they had a daughter together and she became a pro herself, which is how she met her gringo; a circle of life right there).

and yes, i do think it f**ks them up to serve as a mattress to the multitude of men. they may not think so now, when they are younger and prettier and can choose their johns but the life will catch up with them sooner or later.

but punishing clients? it's dumb. either make the whole business illegal or leave stuff the way it is. maybe the government could concentrate their efforts and whatever money was not stolen by dignitarios on providing those gals with education and creating new work places.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Don't worry, THE CHURCH will never let it happen in the DR. Or will they?

Awaiting news from on the scenes reporters for tomorrow's (Tuesday's) up cumming events regarding JOHNS in Sosua.

It will indeed be interesting. Why does not Pichardo, or somebody else, explain exactly what the crime is? What evidence is needed? Or is it up to the cops to decide what is John and Puta? Well then it will be very interesting indeed... lol

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Pandering:

To pimp; to cater to the gratification of the lust of another. To entice or procure a person, by promises, threats, Fraud, or deception to enter any place in which prostitution is practiced for the purpose of prostitution.
Pandering is established when the evidence shows that the accused succeeded in inducing a victim to become an inmate of a house of prostitution. One who solicits for a prostitute is a panderer.
The pandering of obscenity refers to the business of purveying, by some form of advertising, pictorial or graphic material that appeals to the prurient interest of customers or potential customers.

philosopher

Jul 7, 2010
Question: Any insight as to how this is currently affecting Sosua? I.E........is passions and CMP still open? Is it still bussiness as usual on the streets? Anyone from Sosua willing to chime in with accurate info particular to the subject area?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Question: Any insight as to how this is currently affecting Sosua? I.E........is passions and CMP still open? Is it still bussiness as usual on the streets? Anyone from Sosua willing to chime in with accurate info particular to the subject area?

The festivities are supposed to begin tomorrow. I just left a few days ago, I always miss the excitement.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I think "pushing it into hiding" is exactly what the goal is by arresting JOHNS.

it is. but having it hidden is worse that regulating it. in hiding equals abuse, human trafficking, forcing women into prostitution. hiding means creating victims. while it is in the open you see what is happening. taking it out of sight is pushing it into the world of darkness, ridden with crime.

but then i cannot imagine dominican society that values appearances more than morale regulating ho business. it would mean openly admitting that dominicanas can be hos and dominicanos use their services... not a rosy picture.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
it is. but having it hidden is worse that regulating it. in hiding equals abuse, human trafficking, forcing women into prostitution. hiding means creating victims. while it is in the open you see what is happening. taking it out of sight is pushing it into the world of darkness, ridden with crime.but then i cannot imagine dominican society that values appearances more than morale regulating ho business. it would mean openly admitting that dominicanas can be hos and dominicanos use their services... not a rosy picture.

As a matter of fact, not long ago the xxx biz was 100% behind closed doors. All of it in casa de citas or burdeles that played out like meet-bars (everyone knew which was one by the lack of view from the street and the door placed with a entry lobby to block any vision from what went on inside).

What we have today is xxx geared towards the walk-by clientele and sex tourists. One that knows no bounds and feeds a terrible image for a once family oriented area of the NC.

Prostitution is never a victimless crime.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

I was there late afternoon on Friday, having a beer on Pedro Clisante and taking in the "view". Absolutely business as usual, with plenty of chicas openly plying their trade, politur standing around. As usual, a young lady approached me (must be my boyish good looks :p ) and, having informed her that I was just there for the beer, I mentioned that I had heard that prostitution would be banned from here. She thought it was hilarious and assured me that it would never happen!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
And hence why insignificant! Pedro Clisante is but a street, and a mini-street while at it.

The whole xrated biz can be had in a handful, workers and all.
Try and compare that to the whole picture of the area for once and get what being less than 0.01% means in significance when it comes to $$$ economics.

The economic negative impact is so negligent when it comes to the whole picture which is why there's a new plan to clean-up the area.

Men chase girls everywhere in the country, it's not endemic to Sosua in the DR. Its the way it's being done that creates the negative outlook of Sosua in overall terms for non-sex driven tourists to the DR.

60-70% of any business is far from being insignificant. Those numbers would take years to replace cause families are not coming to Sosua anytime soon. If the girls are gone, so will be the tourists and you'll see many businesses closing, owners leaving and lots of Dominicans with no jobs. So the government can then take ownership of taking care of them as well.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
60-70% of any business is far from being insignificant. Those numbers would take years to replace cause families are not coming to Sosua anytime soon. If the girls are gone, so will be the tourists and you'll see many businesses closing, owners leaving and lots of Dominicans with no jobs. So the government can then take ownership of taking care of them as well.

There will be bars closing, I'm sure of that. And a good thing, too, as far as I am concerned. No town needs as many bars as there are now in Sosua, many of which opened after prostitution got out of control.

I first came to Sosua in 1986, before the prostitute invasion. There were prostitutes then, but not to the present scale and not as visible. There were bars, too, and they were doing a good business. Just not as many as at present.

I am sure there will always be bars and prostitutes in Sosua, but in my opinion less is better than more.

It is my understanding from previous threads that the mayor is working with developers who are interested in investing in Sosua, but not in a sex town. I wish her success.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Who do you postulate the victims to be?
The prostitutes themselves for not having an alternative to make a living with given opportunity.There are many reasons and factors that drive people to become prostitutes, none of which involve having wanted to for the pleasure of it.There's no pleasure for the workers involved in prostitution, only the monetary gain, if much.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
PICHARDO, will the police post pictures of the primary perps they pinch? News at 11?
Yup! There is a legal team working on the wording that will allow authorities to do this without recourse from the fined individuals. It will be a civil penalty, not a criminal one to be fined for it (at first). Pimping on the other hand will be prosecuted as a criminal act and felony.

There will be bars closing, I'm sure of that. And a good thing, too, as far as I am concerned. No town needs as many bars as there are now in Sosua, many of which opened after prostitution got out of control.

I first came to Sosua in 1986, before the prostitute invasion. There were prostitutes then, but not to the present scale and not as visible. There were bars, too, and they were doing a good business. Just not as many as at present.

I am sure there will always be bars and prostitutes in Sosua, but in my opinion less is better than more.

It is my understanding from previous threads that the mayor is working with developers who are interested in investing in Sosua, but not in a sex town. I wish her success.

Ken you are almost always spot on, but saying there were not many prositutes in Sosua in the late 80s early 90s is a stretch. I have been going to Sosua since very early in the 90s and the action was all on the Charamico side of town, Your right Batey was quiet back then. I remember the main hwy by Caribe tours packed with women all over Charamicos back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.