Cracking Down On Prostitution In Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I told you how I arrived at my numbers and the purpose of my raw analysis. I avoid nothing.

If you don't like it either present a better economic model, continue your little Pit Yorkie routine...or simply bite me.

Let me be clear: there is NO WAY 700 mongers arrive in Sosua every week all year. And that is what 25% of 2.5-3% of total tourists would represent, a really high %, but still insignificant compared to total tourism and the tourism economy.

That's 100% correct!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That's 100% correct!

what are you now? a weather vane? cobraboy says 1%, then 3%. you said .01% which of you two is right? appears that you think cobraboy is right, since you agree with him, even though his number is several orders of magnitude greater than yours.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
then that will violate the pandering statutes, unless the girls own the places where the trade is conducted.

Now we're getting some "logical reality talk" from you!

The way it works is not about ending something you can't win against, but pushing it behind closed doors.

A casa de citas is what it is. You don't see anybody hanging out or seated outside other than a wachiman...

That's precisely what's wanted.

Not a crackdown but crack-in...

You grasp it?

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
reality?
like the Dominican Gold Standard, for example?

Well, I posted the Ley monetaria for you on the thread of debate. Alongside the revision on convertible values and what not.

It's on your court to produce another Ley Monetaria for the DR that can dispute my post and actual LAW.

Any given Day?

And still Pesos ORO!

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
what are you now? a weather vane? cobraboy says 1%, then 3%.
I used both in modeling. Very typical when listing assumptions and variables in a model.

I also used daily spend rate from $125 to $300, the upper limit to account for the "AA's spend mo' mo' money while mongering" you insisted upon.

If you had an economic background you'd know that.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I used both in modeling. Very typical when listing assumptions and variables in a model.

I also used daily spend rate from $125 to $300, the upper limit to account for the "AA's spend mo' mo' money while mongering" you insisted upon.

If you had an economic background you'd know that.

i do have a background in economics, which is why i know your contentions are rubbish. i have never seen any person trying to establish a usage database without a survey. it cannot be done. you cannot even transpose data, because some situations are unique, and exclusive. if 200 guys are leaving the DR on a Jet Blue flight, there is no way that you can tell how many of them visited a hooker without a survey. maybe you can interview 20 of them, and extrapolate from that to get a ball park figure. if you do not speak to even one, you cannot arrive at a single number. "no way" is not a survey method.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Crissssssssssss Come pick up your sidekick! He's going postal (on his mind that is)!

He left his argumentative and debating knowledge in his utility tool belt...

He'shooting blanks... LOL!!!

ws-man.0.jpg

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I won't argue about the whole DR and its economy, but as far as Sosua is concerned our businesses on Pedro Clisante are based on what I would say is 60-70% related to men chasing women. I really don't think there's an argument about that.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What a shame he was banned!
Ooooo, I better be careful not to get another infraction.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
I won't argue about the whole DR and its economy, but as far as Sosua is concerned our businesses on Pedro Clisante are based on what I would say is 60-70% related to men chasing women. I really don't think there's an argument about that.

And hence why insignificant! Pedro Clisante is but a street, and a mini-street while at it.

The whole xrated biz can be had in a handful, workers and all.
Try and compare that to the whole picture of the area for once and get what being less than 0.01% means in significance when it comes to $$$ economics.

The economic negative impact is so negligent when it comes to the whole picture which is why there's a new plan to clean-up the area.

Men chase girls everywhere in the country, it's not endemic to Sosua in the DR. Its the way it's being done that creates the negative outlook of Sosua in overall terms for non-sex driven tourists to the DR.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Cracking down will not work. They tried it in Cuba, it is still crawling with puta & sankys everywhere there are tourists. It is just less open. If authoritarian Cuban couldn t do it in a country where it is not even legal, DR stands no chance.
In Cuba they put the girls in jail. The clients have no problem with the law.

Not only Sosua, but all major touristic spots and future spots will get "cleansed" of prostitution.

The plan is to create a family-friendly environment for the air and cruise operators to exploit.

There's a slow moving plan (still being rejected by the church and some high caliber sectors of our society) to create a red district that can be isolated and far from the spots themselves. Something like the bunny farm...

It's still to early to say what will prevail, but going after the clients has turned better than expected results in some areas where it has been tried.

This is being done without penalizing or pressuring the sex workers, as best possible. Not to turn them into more victims than they are.

There's a plant to make the penalties to johns very high and use part of the money to fund training programs and relocation assistance to the sex workers.

Pichardo that bunny farm will have to be the size of Santiago!!! As for targeting the johns this will just make the girls job easier, she will work with a corrupt police officer and after striking a deal will be stopped by police, police will shake down tourist and split procceeds with the girls. As for the training programs forget about it, I have seen many girls working in Sosua who are medical students and others with decent jobs, who come to Sosua on weekends to make extra money. They are not victims, they are capitalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.