Tired Of The Music

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Now , call me crazy, I have a bit more respect for tipico musicians than most. It does require decent chops to play the beat on a tambora, albeit a bit repetitive, analogous to playing rudiments @ hyper speed.

Ratamaque to you

actually, tipico musicians are generally far more accomplished than bachata guys, if only because of the speed at which they have to play the instruments.

I don't disagree with the above statements. I just really don't like Tipico now matter how well El Prodigio and his band mates (and of course the other Tipico bands without an El Prodigio) can play it. There are some great Polka players as well, but even with a genetic background from the land of Polkas, I don't like it either.

Kantana

Mar 25, 2012
I find the DJ business really interesting in the DR, esp those guys who have cars that have their trunks packed with HUGE speakers and then provide music for outdoor parties. It's almost like something out of Men In Black..

Most times this music is provided free of charge even if it is unsolicited. Americans especially those from the south, love to whine about their freedoms all day long, but in my opinion, D.R is one of the few places in the world where people have true unhindered freedom to express themselves in anyway they deem fit. It may be converting a tiny two door Toyota tercel into a moving discoteque or having an impromptu street party with loud music and rum flowing like the waves of the ocean. THIS IS TRUE FREEDOM MY FRIENDS! :D:classic::D

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I didn't realize today is "Hate Gorgon Day".

I'm always the last one to find out.

It reminds me of back when I was in junior high, and the girls would all gang up on a different girl every day. They were vicious.

Look, there are a few people on this board whose opinions I don't normally like. I put them on "Ignore" and I don't even have to read what they like. It keeps my blood pressure down and keeps me from being less uncivil. If you don't like what Gorgon (or CC or dv8 or me or anyone else) has to say, then put him on ignore. He isn't going to change his opinions, whereas attacking him really does not make a positive contribution to the board.

Putting someone on "IGNORE" is weak and pathetic,

That's like running and hiding in a closet every time you don't like what you see or hear....

I mean, people really put other people on ignore? What a joke!!!!!!

I like facing the positive AND the negative,

You might learn something.........

THE IGNORE BUTTON......HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, I get it, go ahead........put me on ignore.........Pleeeze......

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Most times this music is provided free of charge even if it is unsolicited. Americans especially those from the south, love to whine about their freedoms all day long, but in my opinion, D.R is one of the few places in the world where people have true unhindered freedom to express themselves in anyway they deem fit. It may be converting a tiny two door Toyota tercel into a moving discoteque or having an impromptu street party with loud music and rum flowing like the waves of the ocean. THIS IS TRUE FREEDOM MY FRIENDS! :D:classic::D

Even being a Libertarian myself, I see limits to such freedom. If that music happens to be keeping me awake at the time I want to sleep, then I have an issue with that freedom.

It seems the government is talking some action on total freedom. Did you know that the government is now impounding motorbikes that are too loud? Never thought I would "hear" of that day.

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
I didn't realize today is "Hate Gorgon Day".

I'm always the last one to find out.

It reminds me of back when I was in junior high, and the girls would all gang up on a different girl every day. They were vicious.

Look, there are a few people on this board whose opinions I don't normally like. I put them on "Ignore" and I don't even have to read what they like. It keeps my blood pressure down and keeps me from being less uncivil. If you don't like what Gorgon (or CC or dv8 or me or anyone else) has to say, then put him on ignore. He isn't going to change his opinions, whereas attacking him really does not make a positive contribution to the board.

Who doesn't like CC or dv8???

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Met a lady here who asked me if I didn't know how to Bachata? No Merengue? No Salsa? No, Do you know the twist? the Boot scoot boogie? The Bump? NO No No You're farther behind than I am then.

Don't forget the Bristol Stomp

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010

Now that's a definition of freedom with which I'm not familiar...

Then am I equally free to take an axe to his installation when I don't want to hear his crap music?

Can I go out and play Tosca or Paganini at full volume on the street at 2 am?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Then am I equally free to take an axe to his installation when I don't want to hear his crap music?

please don't. then you will deflate my assertion that nobody who ever blasts the neighborhood with 120 decibels of music is ever playing Mozart or Stravinsky.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

My definition of freedom is being able to do whatever you want that does not cause harm to another.
You want to harm yourself? Go right ahead.

Overly loud music can harm others and is not part of such freedoms in my opinion. The DR actually has laws regarding this that are rarely enforced (no surprise there).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i wish i had freedom to force the silence. no noise, no sound, within the range of my silence speakers...

BOSE might have the "noise cancelling technology". If you could play the same sound spectrum back 180 degrees out of phase with the offending music, it would (in theory) cancel the sound, in effect shutting it off.

You got your noise, you got our anti-noise, resulting in no sound..

Active noise control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In practice, hard to do.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
BOSE might have the "noise cancelling technology". If you could play the same sound spectrum back 180 degrees out of phase with the offending music, it would (in theory) cancel the sound, in effect shutting it off.

You got your noise, you got our anti-noise, resulting in no sound..

Active noise control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In practice, hard to do.

yes; if only the guys at Bose could combine the noise cancelling technology with a good analog circuit, maybe their stuff would sound decent...Blose; no highs, no lows.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
My favorite cans under $100 USD.

sony_mdr_v6-400-400.jpg

Frequency Response: 5Hz - 30,000Hz
Driver Unit: 40mm

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
SONY no Baloney.

But do try some Superlux EVO's if you get the chance and tell us what you think.

Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones

$38 and free shipping from Amazon:

Amazon.com : Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones : Electronics

i almost said that, windeguy. or, he can try this

Somic MH463 Full Size Over The Ear Professional HiFi Heaphones Open Air Dynamic | eBay

those Sonys are no joke. guys have them for over 20 years, and they are still humming along.