Tired Of The Music

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Put your headphones back on!

Due to an accident affecting one of the musicians, tonight's scheduled music event at Big lee's has been cancelled.
My apologies to all who had made plans to attend.

Combo

Mar 29, 2011
I love Bachata, both for listening and dancing. However, I'd love to hear more old, classic Bachata instead of all the "romantica" stuff like Prince Royce and Romeo Santos. I can hear that all I want in the U.S. You'd think that in the DR, you'd hear more of the old "authentic" Bachata.

Maybe I need to get out of the tourist areas?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I've been here going on my third week. Have been spending my days getting set-up and localized, and my nights out and about the town. I've been all over and have grown a little tired of hearing the same exact songs all day and all night. It's like every Dominican has a playlist of 20-30 songs which gets pumped through everyones speakers.

The only escape I've found is PURE night club in Playa Dorada. But then you have to deal with being treated like an asshole b/c I don't have an all-inclusive bracelet.

I was a DJ in the US and would like to go to a place that mixes it up a bit. Even the karoake here plays the same songs. I've asked a couple of places if I could DJ and they replied that they already had a DJ. I even offered to play. I've DJ-ed in clubs all over the US and Canada and know how to keep the party going.

I've heard plenty of people, mostly gringos, complaining about the same thing. Just wondering if anyone knows of any place in the POP area that plays more that bachata. Don't want to start my own bar just to hear good music while out with my friends.

Any Advice????
These are going to be the longest nights in your entire life! LOL

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
To perform Reggae well, it requires a gene that I appear to be missing.:bunny: And I must say that I am not a fan of the hard core true Reggae. It does take some talent to perform it.

That would be the play backwards gene. Where most music the 1and 3 is king. In reggae 2and 4 rule. Well for guitar and keyboards any way. For the drummer 3 is pretty dang important. Depending on what type of reggae the 1 may or may not be important to the bassist.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Happy now?

[video=youtube;zjFvrZynYaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFvrZynYaw[/video]