Fake Sarah Palin Vogue Cover

Aug 6, 2006
I have never been governor of Alaska, nor have you.

That is the difference, but it does not make Palin smart.
Or are you going to argue that all politicians are smarter than all of those who are not interested in running?

Had I been elected governor of Alaska, I would not have resigned.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have never been governor of Alaska, nor have you.

That is the difference, but it does not make Palin smart.
Or are you going to argue that all politicians are smarter than all of those who are not interested in running?

Had I been elected governor of Alaska, I would not have resigned.
Based on accomplishments in her life, you are a dwarf compared to Sarah Palin.

Fact.

Saying one is smart but unaccomplished is saying one has failed at achieving maximum human potential, a real measure of a human.

Palin resigned because she recognized her run at VP had made her a target and distraction in her job as gubernator, especially with progs on the prowl 24/7, looking (literally) into her windows for dirt. I think she did the right thing for the people of Alaska.

How many jobs did you quit again?

And had you been a frog with wings, you'd have been able to fly.

I am unaccomplished compared to Sarah Palin. There isn't one person on DR1 more accomplished and loved by as many as she.

Oh, and hated. Because you always know the mettle of a man by who hates him.

Some of us have come to truly appreciate Prog hate as most sincere compliments.

Besides, Progs are always telling folks how much smarter they are than non-Progs, so you're just delivering Prog mantra...

Aug 6, 2006
Yeah, whatever you say.

Palin is a National Treasure.

Time to have her bronzed.

I do not, and have never, measured my accomplishments as being competitive with anyone. I consider it insane to do this.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Yeah, whatever you say.

Palin is a National Treasure.

Time to have her bronzed.

I do not, and have never, measured my accomplishments as being competitive with anyone. I consider it insane to do this.
Yet you feel superior enough to her to passing judgement on her intelligence.

Understood.

I don't know about a "national treasure", but she's an accomplished person that "open-minded" progs hate like no other.

Aug 6, 2006
Yet you feel superior enough to her to passing judgement on her intelligence.

Understood.

I don't know about a "national treasure", but she's an accomplished person that "open-minded" progs hate like no other.

======================================================
Hate? I do not hate Sarah Palin. I just think that she is too effing stupid to run my country. That is why I did not vote for her. I have read both her awful books. One was in the library, another I got for a quarter at a yard sail. Both sucked.

Had she not appeared on the ballot, I would have no opinion of her whatever.
And yes, after forty years or so as a college professor, I feel I can distinguish between learned and ignorant people, as easily as you can between a one banger and a Vee-twin.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Hate? I do not hate Sarah Palin. I just think that she is too effing stupid to run my country. That is why I did not vote for her. I have read both her awful books. One was in the library, another I got for a quarter at a yard sail. Both sucked.
How ironic.

I say the EXACT same things about Chicago Jesus and Joe Plugs, right down to "his" two books.

So I guess we're even, right?

And, XO, I've hired enough people in my business career to know a dummy when I encounter one...

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
How ironic.

I say the EXACT same things about Chicago Jesus and Joe Plugs, right down to "his" two books.

So I guess we're even, right?

And, XO, I've hired enough people in my business career to know a dummy when I encounter one...

Who are Chicago Jesus and Joe Plugs?

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
She spent a number of years building up a reputation as a "mama grizzly".
It served her well and showed no sign of withering away.
Suddenly she bursts out onto the scene in 2013 with her new-found persona....Palin..Loaded for bear.
Everywhere you looked she was brandishing a firearm and displaying a clenched fist.
Those who were not fanatics could have been forgiven for wondering if Wayne Lapierre had perhaps offered some incentive.
I mean really....
How does someone make a living by portraying themselves as a mama bear one day and the next day their claim to fame is that they are loaded for bear.
It is exactly that kind of thing that has me questioning her smarts.
The contradiction is mind boggling.
It must have eaten away at her fan base.
She is always so damn angry.
She is a woman scorned.
And you know what they say about a woman scorned....
Hell hath no fury.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Who is scorned? Shes making a fortune off of reality TV and speaking appearances.

Ive seen her speak she is not dumb she is a bit condescending but what politician is not.

For a woman her age she is a knockout.
Im sure in all your trips to Alaska you may have noticed that there is a gun culture there.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Sarah Palin is a woman scorned.
You can take that to the bank.
Whatever money she may be making in her various "reality shows" is far less than you may think.
The fury that she lives with evey day is front and center everytime she stands at a podium and clenches her fist and grinds her teeth.
The latest episode in Anchorage with her drunk kids and husband may well have been the last nail in the coffin.
Surely her fanbase of Christian "born agains" will not be thrilled with the idea of her family involved and or instigating drunken bloody brawls in the streets of Everytown, Alaska.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
She spent a number of years building up a reputation as a "mama grizzly".
It served her well and showed no sign of withering away.
Suddenly she bursts out onto the scene in 2013 with her new-found persona....Palin..Loaded for bear.
Everywhere you looked she was brandishing a firearm and displaying a clenched fist.
Those who were not fanatics could have been forgiven for wondering if Wayne Lapierre had perhaps offered some incentive.
I mean really....
How does someone make a living by portraying themselves as a mama bear one day and the next day their claim to fame is that they are loaded for bear.
It is exactly that kind of thing that has me questioning her smarts.
The contradiction is mind boggling.
It must have eaten away at her fan base.
She is always so damn angry.
She is a woman scorned.
And you know what they say about a woman scorned....
Hell hath no fury.

https://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin
Scorned. I'd say she has more influence than you realize or like. She doesn't strike me as angry, more like committed to passing a certain message.

Aug 6, 2006
Sarah Palin is not stupid. She is a person of perhaps average intelligence with a certain amount of charisma and an ability to sympathize with her peers. She is also very ignorant of the world around her. She does not know diddly, and is not interested in knowing diddly or his close companion, squat.

She will never, ever again hold public office. At least not above the country level.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Sarah Palin is not stupid. She is a person of perhaps average intelligence with a certain amount of charisma and an ability to sympathize with her peers. She is also very ignorant of the world around her. She does not know diddly, and is not interested in knowing diddly or his close companion, squat.

She will never, ever again hold public office. At least not above the country level.

I don't about that. The collective American people have proven to be pretty stupid when it comes to the ballet box.

Aug 6, 2006
The people with money will not give poor Sarah a stake. Even Michelle Bachmann managed to get one or more fatcat donors, but not Sarah Palin.

I would like to know who rented that bus for her in 2012.

I imagine that her appearances in support of GOP candidates is well paid, and she does not pay her own expenses.

May 29, 2006
More importantly, that Vogue cover thing was from like six years ago. Now she's just another reality TV star with a part time gig on FOX. She sure is going heavy on the make-up these days and when she talks, it's a talking point word salad without the help of her handlers.. She wasn't doing that well even when she had prompters.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Progs knocking Palin doesn't make her dumb, either. Just shows typical Prog hate. But then again, you can always tell what Progs fear by the target of their vitriol. Like yours, XO.

Chicago Jesus has made an entire blooper reel of dumb-Pelosi comments, but Progs still slurp up all his swill like he's some kind of genius.

She's smarter than you are. Or ANYONE on DR1 based on her personal accomplishments.

CobraBOY

I am smarter than Sarah Palin. I am far better educated. I am far more lucid. I certainly know more about world events and history than she does.

But I certainly do not consider myself qualified to be president. Nor was she.

I am sure that there are MANY neoCons, EVEN some of the TeaParty, Probably some Libertarians who are qualified as well.

Simply that Palin was NOT.

Now my accomplishments... well.. that one has to judge person by person.

It is NOT typical PROG hate. Actually, I do not think that you actually can top YOUR spewing of epithets against "Billary" or "Chicago Jesus" or "dumb Pelosi" with anything that has ever been said on this board by any of us progressive, liberal Democrats.

let me just mirror that for you

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
Progs knocking Palin doesn't make her dumb, either. Just shows typical Prog hate. But then again, you can always tell what Progs fear by the target of their vitriol. Like yours, XO.

Chicago Jesus has made an entire blooper reel of dumb-Pelosi comments, but Progs still slurp up all his swill like he's some kind of genius.

She's smarter than you are. Or ANYONE on DR1 based on her personal accomplishments.

Well, she attended five colleges to my one. so I'll concede she's five times smarter than I am. But as my wife will tell you, that's a low standard.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
CobraBOY

I am smarter than Sarah Palin. I am far better educated. I am far more lucid. I certainly know more about world events and history than she does.

But I certainly do not consider myself qualified to be president. Nor was she.

I am sure that there are MANY neoCons, EVEN some of the TeaParty, Probably some Libertarians who are qualified as well.

Simply that Palin was NOT.

Now my accomplishments... well.. that one has to judge person by person.

It is NOT typical PROG hate. Actually, I do not think that you actually can top YOUR spewing of epithets against "Billary" or "Chicago Jesus" or "dumb Pelosi" with anything that has ever been said on this board by any of us progressive, liberal Democrats.

let me just mirror that for you

Elizabeth do you think there is a difference between smart and educated. Palin may only have a degree in journalism but she is smart, certainly made a difference when she was governor of Alaska. Clearly the most educated and intelligent person doesn't make the best leader. Rob Ray was the premier of Ontario ( look up ray days) . The man is a Rhodes scholar, and without doubt highly intelligent and even a pretty nice guy, but was probably the worse premier the province of Ontario has ever had, and they've had some bad ones.
As for your last statement, when I feel more inclined I 'll look back through for all the nasty things said about Bush, Romney and company. I guess as is said, it is the offended that judge. Progressives never figure their mud-slinging is harmful regardless of how evil their intent. Take Wendy Davis and her wheelchair ads for example.