Drought and water use

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Look up earth's hydrologic cycle and see for yourself. also ask yourself where would any new water to the earth come from? Rain you say.. Well where does rain come from?? Our existing water supply? I wish more people understood this and just maybe people would understand more about one of our two most precious resources and the need to utilize it wisely. The other most precious is air. the two things that we can't live without.

As "J*" will tell you ,it's not the amount of water that is changing, but the amount of clean 'fresh, (NOT SALTY) not polluted,water that we can drink.
Desalinization will be a HUGE source of drinking water into the future, giving "J*" job security!!!!!

I'm drinking a lot more now to make up for later when less will be available!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
every year is the same issue here. few months of "oh my god, there is no water, we are dying" followed by few months "oh my good, horrible floods, we are dying". i understand natural disasters but DR really has no infrastructure in place to save, store, drain or treat water. so don't bug me about my attitude because i use water, not waste it. b*tch about how local government has no plan to manage local resources or educate own people about it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
put "people" instead of "Dominicans" and it will be also true.

GOOD POINT!!!!!!
Dominicans lead the World in
"Conservation" and protecting their environment!!!!

We all see many examples of just that as we travel the cities and roads here every day!!!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My father-in-law NEVER throws any trash into the street!!!!
He just throws it on the floor in the house!!!!

Supermercado National had a campaign to recycle "Juice Boxes", UHT milk cartons, and the like.
They had a huge banner, and a "Dumpster" bigger than a "jepetta" to throw them in.
It was gone in a few weeks, EMPTY!!!!

I now do my part!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
I didnt say that.
btw. how is fracking going in US ? :-D
too many examples how people from every given country destroy their home due to their greed and being shortsighted etc.
anyway, very often that problem is best seen in 3rd world..as they dont have rescources to sweep it under the rug....
GOOD POINT!!!!!!
Dominicans lead the World in
"Conservation" and protecting their environment!!!!

We all see many examples of just that as we travel the cities and roads here every day!!!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Useful Styrofoam

I wish they would 'conserve' those styrofoam things they eat their food from...........disgusting

Indeed.
But they come handy when flying around.
They use them to light fires, great stuff. :laugh:

Toxic fumes?

Eso no e' na'.

donP

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
In the prior tropical island paradise I used to frequent (but the equivalent to RD on the evolutionary scale) I used to take the "luxury" express buses all over the place and would witness endless folks just open up the bus window and throw their food cartoons and soda bottles on the street. One trip I was in a bad mood and witnessed some 20 yo puerco open the window and discard his cartoon of lard and soda. I stood up, gave him a dirty look and told him he was muy malo for polluting his country like that. He gave me a dirty look back and brandished his knife at me.....ever since then I tend to keep my mouth shut about local environmental matters.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Indeed.
But they come handy when flying around.
They use them to light fires, great stuff. :laugh:

Toxic fumes?

Eso no e' na'.

donP

They use that stuff to fix roofing leaks....

have you ever had a TV or stereo delivered... they stalk those styro chunks...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I didnt say that.
btw. how is fracking going in US ? :-D
too many examples how people from every given country destroy their home due to their greed and being shortsighted etc.
anyway, very often that problem is best seen in 3rd world..as they dont have rescources to sweep it under the rug....

"Fraking" is doing great things in, and for, the USA!!!!!!!!!!
It's made the USA number 1 in the world in the production of natural gas.
A VERY clean burning fuel for cooking, heating, and the production of clean electricity!!!!

The DR, on the other hand, is building two new coal fired, electricity generating plants!!!!
They pollute the air when they burn coal, and the environment with the "fly ash" produced by burning the coal.

They do virtually nothing to reduce pollution here in the DR.

Don;t you get that?????????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
I knew that "ignorance is bliss", but didnt expect it at such level :->
https://encrypted.google.com/#q=fracking+and+environment
enjoy !
now I wait for name calling ;-) like obama follower, ecoterrorist, or whatever
A VERY clean burning fuel for cooking, heating, and the production of clean electricity!!!!

The DR, on the other hand, is building two new coal fired, electricity generating plants!!!!
They pollute the air when they burn coal, and the environment with the "fly ash" produced by burning the coal.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Not to mention a few hundred thousand high paying jobs to help the US economy!!!
NOW, all we need is the "Keystone Pipeline" and the USA will be energy independent!!!!!!

Trust me, the USA doesn't need your "$1,000 dollars a month!!!!

The DR does!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
As "J*" will tell you ,it's not the amount of water that is changing, but the amount of clean 'fresh, (NOT SALTY) not polluted,water that we can drink.
Desalinization will be a HUGE source of drinking water into the future, giving "J*" job security!!!!!

I'm drinking a lot more now to make up for later when less will be available!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I won't and can't argue with you Criss about job security. Absolutely true. However, what you don't know is that I'm 56 years old, and learned this business from my father who learned it from his. I make no excuses about making a living selling huge amounts of water to resorts and governments throughout the Caribbean. It's what I do and know how to do. Difference is that I don't bull**** people like a corporation making billions of dollars does. I can talk all day long about how we are polluting our water faster than mother nature can replenish it, and will even go as far to say that desalination (my own business) is not the answer to our water shortages because when we make fresh water out of salt water, we concentrate the seawater that we use and over time, the oceans will become saltier. The key is conservation, and people are either the answer to the problem, or they will continue to watch their fresh water supply disappear. People of the world take water and air for granted. That's the straight dope.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
every year is the same issue here. few months of "oh my god, there is no water, we are dying" followed by few months "oh my good, horrible floods, we are dying". i understand natural disasters but DR really has no infrastructure in place to save, store, drain or treat water. so don't bug me about my attitude because i use water, not waste it. b*tch about how local government has no plan to manage local resources or educate own people about it.

Going down the threads from start this time.. No offense dv8, but this attitude is what will do us in. Won't run out in my lifetime, don't know how old you are but maybe your children's children. Mine for sure. So many ways to save water, but "It's no big deal".. Plenty to go around. Buy a truck load and I'm good.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013

Funny you should mention this Criss. Check out Cut Bank Montana. There ground water table is ruined. They were all compensated well, but their wheat crops fell 30% due to what Shell oil and Phillips petroleum is calling "Saline Seep". Dry Bicarbonate ponds forming out of nowhere and eating up their crop lands. But the farmers do have these huge barns heated in sub zero weather by free natural gas that is produced on their property.