Drought and water use

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Just buckets?? Right now the DR needs a flood.

Hoping you guys get some relief soon.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
"Drastic Measures"

Santo Domingo
The director of "Corporaci?n del Acueducto y Alcantarillado de Santo Domingo (CAASD)", Alejandro Mont?s, warned, that they will adopt drastic measures :laugh: against people who waste water.

CAASD aplicar? sanciones dr?sticas contra personas desperdicien el agua | AlMomento.net

Mr. Mont?s did not say which measures that would be.... and I guess, those who still have water will use/waste it as usual.

"Jajajajajaja....no hombe, no embromen. Eso en un pa?s donde cualquiera monta un negocio de mec?nica debajo de una mata de mango y se coge la cera, en un pa?s donde no se respetan sem?foros, en un pa?s donde se venden firmados vencidos y falsificados, en un pa?s donde cualquiera carajo a la vela instala un car Wash y le "da pa' lla" al despilfarro de agua porque un teniente de el es su "pana full" me van a decir a mi que se va castigar el desperdicio de aguas. "

donP

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just like when the "IMF" forced the government to "criminalize" the theft of electricity several years ago.
The jails would be full if they actually did that either !!!!!!!!!!!

Just grand standing for the press!
He went home and watered his lawn.
AND,YOU WANNA BET HE HAS NO WATER METER ???????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Strangely it is dry,,very dry and hot, hot very hot.
But we are getting above average mains water...... good with me .
Dont get all excited, thats only about 2 to 3 hours a day.....

2 years ago, we were using water from the pool to wash clothes and flush toilets !!! :angry: bad, bad experience.

Anyway, no sign of rain.....still.
But pool is full, tinacoa too and cistern two thirds ( I had a bout of civil desobidience and watered some of the garden :ermm: ).

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Good News: Rain At Last

Finally this morning we have had several showers, some quite abundant.
The air smells fresh and clean and it is raining hard as I write.

Looking down to Las Terrenas I see it sunny and dry....
Any rain down there?

donP

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm pleases that your conservation methods are better than Dominican's. Can't say for sure about your attitude, as you have not shared it with me. However, at this time I will stop discussing our worlds water supply issues. Excuse me if my passion for this topic shows through in my posts, but everyone has their passions and causes. Some do Cats, Dogs, Motorcycles, cars, ect.. Water is mine.

I find your posts and your passion interesting.

As I posted earlier, I am currently on Lake Huron - the Cdn side.

If you don't know much about the Great Lakes, you might find reading about them informational.
The largest body of fresh water in the world.

For the most part, you can wade in and stick your face in the water to drink...
Island people (incl the UK) find this hard to believe.... and no salt smell in the air.

From my shore across to Michigan is about 40 miles.....
It is 183 miles at the widest point..... 23,000 sq miles (60,000 sq km) & 200 miles long

Just thought you might be interested

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
On reading the article I found it interesting that now so many people lament over the price of water.
They are most likely the same people who never paid for it, just wasting it.
Will they from now on appreciate and value the water for what it is worth?? :tired:

no. never.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
On reading the article I found it interesting that now so many people lament over the price of water.
They are most likely the same people who never paid for it, just wasting it.

Will they from now on appreciate and value the water for what it is worth?? :tired:

donP

2,600 pesos is bull$hit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have 9 people in my house and they waste water all the time.
Bill is usually below 300 pesos a month, and has been for 18 years!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
2,600 pesos is the right price. people in the article are not getting city water, they are buying it by a truck and this is how much it costs. the price can go even higher per truck.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yep, that's what the article says, 1,300 per truck. i believe sosua members reported the costs being as high as 3,000 pesos in some areas. businesses (subject of the article i linked) use more water than households.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Truck water prices vary.... where I come from.

and its just river water anyway

the closer the river - the lower the $$$........... is my experience

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Tropical wave could end months-long drought

Santo Domingo.- The National Weather Office (Onamet) forecasts a significantly increasing cloudiness for Friday afternoon with scattered showers from to a low pressure system over the country and a tropical wave over the Lesser Antilles slowly moving west-northwest, which could put an end to the months-long drought.

It said all province can expect showers in varying intensity but recommends continued rationing of water throughout the country as the result of the precipitation deficit.

Onamet adds that temperature will range from a high of 32 and a low of 22 degrees C.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/economy/2015/5/29/55240/Tropical-wave-could-end-months-long-drought