Ottawa to Cabarete, January 2017, BnB

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
any link to those high murder rates and traffick deads?

DR is 18 out of 192 where 1 is worst:

ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS DEATH RATE BY COUNTRY

Crime Index 16 out of 120 where 1 is worst:

Crime Index by Country 2015 Mid Year

66 out of 218 on murder rate where 1 is worst:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

thanks for the links.
that looks really bad.
and on the bad crime index Puerto Rico is listed even worse.
i am surprised that on the murder rate the Bahamas are worse, i thought they are a american run weekend cruisers paradise.

looks like my surroundings here on the east are not even a lil bit close to such countrywide bad statistics,
as i could not tell that it would be any that bad here on any of the 3 statistics.

Mike

mirandakate

Aug 4, 2015
..backpacking the island ..oh it sounds so romantic and adventurous. until you don't get 2 hours of sleep from the humidity, loud noises and the local moto dude stealing your stuff

Haha, it's true! We did Cabarete, LT, lots of Samana, Punta Cana, Santo Domingo & more in two weeks this past spring. We were exhausted but it was incredible. Learned a lot, which was the goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The best of all worlds.

You won't have any problems reaching that goal... :p

BTW, I reckon you are bi-lingual... :lick: :lick:
But how about your Spanish?

donP

Don,
Being in the LGBT business they are bound to be multilingual, which surely includes the latin tongue.
As they don't need to make money opening a business and are in it for the lifestyle, they may combine non profit business with pleasure.
Combine this with kite surfing and bob is your uncle, "et voil?!".

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
As long as they can survive the other 8 to 9 months with hardly any business they are in great shape then.

To the OP. It is not like many here have businesses upon which to gain from another persons failure. Most of us have come here to retire and not run businesses. What we do is see others come here with the idea of opening a bar/restaurant/hotel etc, fail and move on. Time and time again. If the responses are negative, they are also realistic.

are you in the hotel business here?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Being a lesbian sucks here, seriously are you ready for the difference?! It sux, my wife knows! I woukd never suggest a gay couple move here, it's 40
Years behind!!

If you insist pm me!

Who would ever have suspected that with the DR being a third world country dominated by Catholicism?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Who would ever have suspected that with the DR being a third world country dominated by Catholicism?

Jamaica is just as primitive as the DR in that respect, and it is a country dominitaed by Protestants, in true English tradition.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Being a lesbian sucks here, seriously are you ready for the difference?! It sux, my wife knows! I woukd never suggest a gay couple move here, it's 40
Years behind!!

If you insist pm me!

If you are a " couple " as in monogamous, it shouldn't matter where you are. Are gay couple abused here? I've noticed a few here in Jarabacoa and mostly people just ignore them.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Gay couples have no problems living together as a gay couple, at least not around here ion punta cana.
i had here at my place twice lesbian couples as next door neighbours for a good year each,
they been respected/greeted etc by the people in lil town the same as everybody else.
much less "behind the back talk" than it would be in a very small town in Germany or the USA.
and as for beeing a Cathlic country,
well,
most part of the countless Sankies and Sankiettes go both ways,
they simply forget their cathlic "school" when it comes to their "job".
and within the average population to be gay, is far not that rare to see as some may assume.
the DR's Administration under the stu and useless influence of the cathlic church may be decades or a 100 years behind the first world on the matter, the DR's public sure isn't.

Mike

If you are a " couple " as in monogamous, it shouldn't matter where you are. Are gay couple abused here? I've noticed a few here in Jarabacoa and mostly people just ignore them.

Most gay people are used to a community so while they are monogamous, it still is quite a loss to not have a queer community like back in Canada.
I don't think it is dangerous here for gay people, I've known some who were killed but I think that is more to do with them being sex workers.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I find it interesting so many are commenting on a project scheduled for two years from now.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Jamaica is just as primitive as the DR in that respect, and it is a country dominitaed by Protestants, in true English tradition.

Let's go with "Christian" then even if some Christian faiths don't consider Catholics to be true Christians. So much info is needed before opening a LGB&BT

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Punta Cana sounds like it is an aberration regarding this topic. Harley is from the north coast would have more insight on the area being strongly considered.