Ottawa to Cabarete, January 2017, BnB

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Let's go with "Christian" then even if some Christian faiths don't consider Catholics to be true Christians. So much info is needed before opening a LGB&BT

hows that?
the only christians are the Catholics.
the rest is just later on added copycats.
not that such would matter to me,
as i prefer steak over breaking bred and beer over wine during the days.
just sayin'

Mike

Sorry I was drunk when I posted so I did not give you a proper welcome Miran! Welcome to dr1 .

I am from Vancouver, queer (ftm) with a lesbian wife and I live 15 min from Cabarete and can talk with you about that kind of thing if you want.

Prepare for frustration and stress, the business world here is tough.

Maybe someone can find the thread from a few months ago where a female from Canada started a restaurant in that area and in a few weeks gave up and went back home. Some one told me that she was lesbiana. Maybe the OP can get in touch with her and find direct info.
Der Fish

No idea who you are talking about? i don't remember much but I don't remember LESBIANS!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Maybe someone can find the thread from a few months ago where a female from Canada started a restaurant in that area and in a few weeks gave up and went back home. Some one told me that she was lesbiana. Maybe the OP can get in touch with her and find direct info.
Der Fish

la Mesa verde???

cleansing drinks?

Her business she said went far beyond just being a restaurant, but also she helped people learn about better health etc, if I remember right. It wasn't her that said anything about lesbianism, but another person who said he knew her.
Der Fish

Oh ok, she isn't a lesbian. I thought that was who you meant. The main reason her restaurant didn't work was she had to go back and take care of her other business in Canada bc 2 people running her business there took maternity leave. She actually did well and I think for sure it would have worked if SHE LIVED HERE. That is an important part!

I miss her Caesar chicken wraps :-(

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I'm just introducing myself and my background/giving context as to why we are coming to DR as I saw many people do on this forum. I won't be promoting it from here. It isn't even a real business yet! I have no means of profiting from it at all. When it is, I will be sure to promote it on DR1.

Thanks for the heads up re: DR/Dominican Republic.

I've don't lots of research and continue to, every single day. I anticipate negative responses - as on all expat forums it seems - I think it is important not to assume that others have not "done their research". If I haven't - it's probably your gain! My business would be destined to fail and yours will continue on. C'est la vie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear your story. Have you started the residency process. This starts at home. You need to get documents together about 6 months before you are ready to make the move. You will also need a criminal background check These all need to be translated to Spanish and approved by the Dominican Consulate in Ottawa. When you get to the DR you will need to hire an attorney to complete the process. Good luck.

mirandakate

Aug 4, 2015
We're visiting the Consulate to ensure we're on the right path in the next few weeks so we'll have ample time! We've also heard of a few attorneys on here that are "good" so hopefully those recommendations turn out well on the Dominican side. Thanks for the well wishes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
don't forget our boy Cdn_Gringo who did everything through the Ottawa office just a year or so ago.
He had a thread