Best neighborhoods to live in Santiago...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a 3 BR furnished unit on Paseo Brasil that is renting for 1000 on a one-year lease..fully furnished, home theater, the works...The area is in back of the Hollywood Movie theater. Close to Esmeralda.

In the Jardines, 1 and 2 bedroom units are going for 1300 a month. In Bromelia there are three bedroom units going for 500/600 a month unfurnished...I do believe.

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I've heard Bella Vista is a place to stay away from. Los Cerros Altos has nice homes and I have friends who live there but have heard not so good stuff about it too.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
This post is OLD but for those considering Villa Maria: DON'T!!!!!

That's exactly where SAMBIL is erecting their second shopping center in Santiago...

Has there been any further development on this? I bought 3000 meters of land in the area southeast of villa maria, at 2000 a meter, if the sambil myths have any evidence I may be in for a huge payday.

By the way, the best neighborhood in Santiago by miles is quintas de pontezuela.. houses start at 1.5million US tho so it's not an option for most.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Sambil is coming to Santiago, but no one really knows where exactly is going to be located, rumors say that it could be in the old cigar factory of Leon Jimenez on 27 de Febrero, though like I said these are only rumors. There is a big solar close to Villa Maria owned by the same people who run the Encanto, and they might built a Mall or something similar in the future, but I doubt it will really affect the tranquility in Villa Maria, the solar in the Duarte highway is to far from Villa Maria but not too close either, so it might be beneficial for you Sayonara, or anyone who buys there. Anyways, that eastern part of Santiago, Villa Maria, Quintas de Pontezuela etc are the places to invest, just think about it, all the mega projects of the city are being built there, just to give you guys an example HOMS, Gran hotel Cibao, etc have already been built there, so a few more years and a few more projects like these two, and the price of property there is going to skyrocket. If I had enough money to invest, I would definitely buy land there, but as of now I can barely I afford to buy an apartment in Gurabo.

To comment on the topic of the thread, almost anything in the nor eastern part of Santiago is a good place to live and invest. Santiago is an extremely segregated or divided city when it comes to neighborhoods, nearly all the middle to high class neighborhoods in the city are in the northeastern part of Santiago, while all the barrios are in the northwestern and south part of the city. Not to say that there isn't some Barrios in the "good" side of Santiago, but they're few and the ones that exist like hoya del caimito are far from bwing slums or what people imagine as bad barrios, that's one of the things I love about Santiago, you'll rarely find a guetto or slum right next to sector like Villa Olga, or El dorado, or los Jardines etc..

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
To comment on the topic of the thread, almost anything in the nor eastern part of Santiago is a good place to live and invest. Santiago is an extremely segregated or divided city when it comes to neighborhoods, nearly all the middle to high class neighborhoods in the city are in the northeastern part of Santiago, while all the barrios are in the northwestern and south part of the city. Not to say that there isn't some Barrios in the "good" side of Santiago, but they're few and the ones that exist like hoya del caimito are far from bwing slums or what people imagine as bad barrios, that's one of the things I love about Santiago, you'll rarely find a guetto or slum right next to sector like Villa Olga, or El dorado, or los Jardines etc..

If only things were like that down here in SDQ. <<sigh>:mad:

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Any updates on Villa Maria area or Los Samanes?
I'm wondering if Sambil is still going to build near there.

Thanks.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
This thread was very informative. Is there a similar thread which describes neighborhoods in sdq? I have read them before, but it was a long time ago and I know the cityscape so much better now. Thank you jet blue.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Never mind. Said Roseanne Rozana Dana. Gee, that Google thing really works. And dr1 was number two after Wikipedia. But with exact threads.

NatT

May 23, 2016
Does anyone have info on Los Prados?

Does anyone have any info on Los Prados? Homes are cheap. Is it a good area? anything......?

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Does anyone have any info on Los Prados? Homes are cheap. Is it a good area? anything......?

Is this near-ish to the Baldom Factory, Los Salados, and Los Reyes?

If so then there is a reason it's cheap. That's a sketchy part of town ...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Is there decent gated community that I should be looking?
I am in no rush to move but I would like to keep my eyes open.

There is not much wrong with my current neighbors except one that is next door.
They have washing machine that rivals our huge air compressors in our factory and are in love with rabbits that makes our whole house stink.
I would like to get away from that and perhaps find piece and quite after work once again.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Is there decent gated community that I should be looking?
I am in no rush to move but I would like to keep my eyes open.

There is not much wrong with my current neighbors except one that is next door.
They have washing machine that rivals our huge air compressors in our factory and are in love with rabbits that makes our whole house stink.
I would like to get away from that and perhaps find piece and quite after work once again.

Noisy damn bunnies, huh?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Noisy damn bunnies, huh?

I live through them for about a year but since I am not at home mostly I didn't bother.
But every weekends and nights it feels like they are doing their laundry on purpose on wee hours, wanting us to move.
And two bunnies were cute but at 7 or 8 last time I checked, the smell with these heat is making me gag.
I am sick of hearing neighbors squeaking 3 or 4 times every week for what ever the reason.
I would like a little space, a little separation, if I may.
I am not in rush, I am extremely busy these days, but I would like to move after September this year if I may..