Not so happy story

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
I agree with you but

Many foreign men have been taken by sankiettes maybe more so than women it's just that men will never pour out their experience on the internet.;)

Anna,

Perhaps you are correct about the number of instances for men (being higher) vs women. Because there are many more men doing this then women. So the numbers would obviously be higher. However, when this does happen with a woman the results are much more severe and much more tragic. Beatings, rapes and murder to mention a few. Not to mention the mental abuses that stem out of this. You will not see this as prevalent with male victims. Sure a man might get beating or even murdered but rarely at the hands of the sankiette herself.

I get right to the point. If my posts are read regarding this strange phenomena then it should be noted that I usually refer to men as well as women because it does effect both genders.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Men have shorter memory .... forgetta'bout it quicker and move to the next one ;)

Why do men have so much baggage if they were moving from one to another so easily? Where does it it come from? From all these women they meet? I would rather not move anywhere and work with what I have unless I really have to, so that I don't have to deal with more issues of another person. Then more people you deal with, the more problems that can come up.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You're absolutely right Scotty.

But I have to throw in the male version once in a while to even the playing field ;)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
The age old question as to what exactly is a "good man".

Well, good men in my mind is someone that has intelligence, culture, a personality (above his waistline) and a heart of gold.

Many universities here in the Dominican Republic. Take a gua gua over to one of them and pack a lunch. You will see some of the hottest men (for you gals) and women (for you guys) that you never knew existed. Get the heck away from something that is sitting (literally) right outside your hotel room doorway night and day like some sort of stray mutt. Go out a few miles and really see what this great island has to offer.

Boring huh?

Like the bad boy, the dirty little boy or girl? Want to bring the stray in from the rain and cold, feed him/her pet him/her and domesticate him or her? They have entire sections of self help books in the book store about this illness. For one, try the book "Women that love men and the men that hate them". The book is not about men at all but all about what goes on inside the mind of a woman. Don't know the author however I know the author is a she and not a he. Heard it is a must read book for all of those sankie lovers out there. There are books out there for you sucker guys as well that think the chica you met on the street is your one and only. There is actually a book published about Sosua it is called "What does love got to do with it". *sigh*

Do you mean this book?

Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them : When Loving Hurts and You Don't Know Why

Amazon.com: Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them : When Loving Hurts and You Don't Know Why: Books: Susan Forward,Joan Torres

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
But of course!

The silver lining is to look for another one to make you happy!!!!

Not criticism ... rather it's sound advice - just forgetta'bout it, there's always another one :cool: :cool:
Yea, 'silver lining" my fat ass!.

I would be more sensitive to HER story if she took some responsability for her actions!.

SOME of you FEMALES are always complaining about a man being this and a man being that but NEVER put some of the blame on yourselves.

I always say that NOBODY is born a "monster". A "monster" is created. Therefore, if you allow someone to take advantage of you, don't come here crying "I am a victim" when you let it happen and created your own "monster".

If the OP had said something like: "he took advantage of me, I am also at fault for letting him do so, but since I learned my lesson, I will make sure that others know about what these guys are capable of doing to people like me", then I, as in many other times, would had been more understanding!.

Again, did she mentioned anyone putting a gun to her head and ordering her to date that guy?.

Btw, I could NOT care less if the OP was a female or male, my reply would had been the same!.

In my case, don't use the darn "male/female" card since I am an EOAH!!.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006

I always say that NOBODY is born a "monster". A "monster" is created. Therefore, if you allow someone to take advantage of you, don't come here crying "I am a victim" when you let it happen and created your own "monster".

QUOTE]

who created you?;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003

QUOTE]

who created you?;)
Ignorant people such as yourself!. Hahahahaha!.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Tough Love approach

QUOTE]

who created you?;)

I think he's using the Tough Love approach to helping "the victim" here.

And he's basically saying:
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
- Elinor Roosevelt

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006

I would be more sensitive to HER story if she took some responsability for her actions!.

SOME of you FEMALES are always complaining about a man being this and a man being that but NEVER put some of the blame on yourselves.

If the OP had said something like: "he took advantage of me, I am also at fault for letting him do so, but since I learned my lesson, I will make sure that others know about what these guys are capable of doing to people like me", then I, as in many other times, would had been more understanding!.

Again, did she mentioned anyone putting a gun to her head and ordering her to date that guy?.

Btw, I could NOT care less if the OP was a female or male, my reply would had been the same!.

In my case, don't use the darn "male/female" card since I am an EOAH!!.

I'm sorry, this person did not become a "monster" because of WLGTDWI. He had his plan set, he was not going to love her if she had allowed herself "not to be taken advantage of". HIS PLAN WAS SET FROM BEFORE. HIS GOAL WAS TO GET OUT OF THE COUNTRY. Aren't we always saying that sankies have a plan in motion??? I recall seeing Anna's post about them and saying that sankies notice you before you notice them. I really would like an explaination as to how WLGTDWI "created" this person. Please, because I really wanna hear this one.

And by the way, WLGTDWI, for the whole house thing, 50/50 always applies, but there are always mitigating circumstances, such as a person deliberately trying to take advantage of you. With the money situation, a judge may not be too thrilled about handing over half of a house to a person who's motives are obviously clear.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Just a little.....

I'm sorry, this person did not become a "monster" because of WLGTDWI. He had his plan set, he was not going to love her if she had allowed herself "not to be taken advantage of". HIS PLAN WAS SET FROM BEFORE. HIS GOAL WAS TO GET OUT OF THE COUNTRY. Aren't we always saying that sankies have a plan in motion??? I recall seeing Anna's post about them and saying that sankies notice you before you notice them. I really would like an explaination as to how WLGTDWI "created" this person. Please, because I really wanna hear this one.
Listen, I don't have to explain myself to anybody unless I feel like it.

It's late, I am still in a good mood so here is an example to you, do the math:

Suppose you have a girlfriend and she slaps you once and you take it.

Suppose she slaps you again the next day and you take it again.

Now, who's at fault here, she for slapping you or you for letting it happen and not do anything about it?.

Now, if you come to this site saying that she is a bad woman because she slapped you a few times, I would tell you that you are worse than her for taking it and not doing anything about it!.

If you had stopped her from the first slap, trust me, she was not going to do it again. If she did it again and you dumped her ass, great but if she slapped you again and again and you just took it, you created a monster.

Need I be clearer?. If yes, find someone else to explain it to you!.

Read and read my post again and again and try to get what I was trying to say!.

Last edited:

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
Listen, I don't have to explain myself to anybody unless I feel like it.

It's late, I am still in a good mood so here is an example to you, do the math:

Suppose you have a girlfriend and she slaps you once and you take it.

Suppose she slaps you again the next day and you take it again.

Now, who's at fault here, she for slapping you or you for letting it happen and not do anything about it?.

Now, if you come to this site saying that she is a bad woman because she slapped you a few times, I would tell you that you are worse than her for taking it and not doing anything about it!.

If you had stopped her from the first slap, trust me, she was not going to do it again. If she did it again and you dumped her ass, great but if she slapped you again and again and you just took it, you created a monster.

Need I be clearer?. If yes, find someone else to explain it to you!.

Read and read my post again and again and try to get what I was trying to say!.

Yes, blaming the victim. This is what our society has come to, excusing the culprits and instead re-victimizing the victimized. Great, nice to see how we're progressing.

Personal responsibility in CERTAIN situations is OBVIOUSLY something that needs to be taken into consideration, but where someone is a self-trained con artist, it becomes problematic. As well, excusing people's behaviour due to the other person being too stupid is ridiculous. Then we should all be running around looking for people to take advantage of, and if we succeed, it's not our fault for being disgusting dirt pigs, it's the other person's fault for trusting another apparent human being. I don't know about you, but the way I was raised, people like Manuel are considered DISGUSTING DIRT PIGS. I know you may not be disputing that he's a dirt pig, you may very well agree that he is a dirt pig, I don't know, but the point is, his behaviour is INEXCUSABLE, no matter what WLGTDWI did or did not do.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
See, this is why!

Yes, blaming the victim. This is what our society has come to, excusing the culprits and instead re-victimizing the victimized. Great, nice to see how we're progressing.

Personal responsibility in CERTAIN situations is OBVIOUSLY something that needs to be taken into consideration, but where someone is a self-trained con artist, it becomes problematic. As well, excusing people's behaviour due to the other person being too stupid is ridiculous. Then we should all be running around looking for people to take advantage of, and if we succeed, it's not our fault for being disgusting dirt pigs, it's the other person's fault for trusting another apparent human being. I don't know about you, but the way I was raised, people like Manuel are considered DISGUSTING DIRT PIGS. I know you may not be disputing that he's a dirt pig, you may very well agree that he is a dirt pig, I don't know, but the point is, his behaviour is INEXCUSABLE, no matter what WLGTDWI did or did not do.
This is the exact reason why I hate to explain myself to people!.

People "love" to read what THEY want to read.

I HAVE NOT SAID THAT MANUEL WAS RIGHT!!. All I said was the MANY people do as Manuel did and that NOT all Dominicans are ready, willing and able to take advantage of bad situation.

What Manuel did is NOT a Dominican "thing". It's a HUMAN "thing".

Let me put it to you this way and maybe you will understand how I feel about people such as Manuel:

If Manuel had tried that with me, I would probably kick his ass right in front of the cop. But that does not take way the fact that MANY people like to blame the victim for any type of gain!.

Is that good enough for you?.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Where is whatslovegottodowithit.... MIA????

She posted once and has not been seen/heard/read since post #1 .... maybe the phantom of DR1 struck - a sock in our midst :devious: :devious:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
She posted once and has not been seen/heard/read since post #1 .... maybe the phantom of DR1 struck - a sock in our midst :devious: :devious:

Well she came out of no where and posted this one post in the successful relationship thread sooooo this story didn't sound too successful to me therefore rather than delete it I split it so she could have a platform. I sent her a PM advising her of what I had done and where her thread was.

Could be just a one time hit and run thing not sure. People lurk then they read something that they want to comment on but need to sign up in order to do that.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004

Woaaaaaa, this is getting deep.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Don't swim with sharks

Otherwise you'll be eaten alive. People should know (and recognize) their limitations .... if one is stupid, there are many scammers waiting to pounce - the world isn't fair, we can't save stupid people from making mistakes. :glasses: :glasses:

Status
Not open for further replies.