HOW IS SALCEDO ?

rey

Jan 2, 2007
So am heading with my sister to this place call Salcedo over this weekend to do some “turismo interno” that translate to domestic tourism ;

Does anyone have any insight information about Salcedo ? It seems like there it’s only one or two threads in whole dr1 forum about Salcedo …. Is it a tourist friendly town ? Is it a campo ? Or is it a city … how are the locals there ? Anything they are known for ? What’s the nearest campo to Salcedo and what’s the nearest big city , How are the women there, I mean are they pretty much like santiago ? Does anyone live there in this forum or has anyone visit ? Etc etc etc …

Feel free to input any information you may feel relevant to the subject of salcedo living …

Thanks

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
1688731151701.jpeg

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
It is a small town with a public square in the center of town with a church. There is nothing outstanding about the place apart from it is the birthplace of the Mirabel sisters, national heroes of the Dominican Republic and there is a museum there dedicated to these heroes. As for the people, they are the same beautiful people as all across the island. As for the women, the same beautiful people as all across the island. It is not a tourist spot so you won't see many foreigners there. There have been strikes there this week due to lack of water. Every town is tourist friendly, how you behave yourself is how you will get treated.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Salcedo is an unusual choice of a place to go and visit. As you can see on Google Maps, it is not a city, but quite near to the large town of Moca and the larger one of San Francisco de Macoris.

Reactions: rey

rey

Jan 2, 2007
It is a small town with a public square in the center of town with a church. There is nothing outstanding about the place apart from it is the birthplace of the Mirabel sisters, national heroes of the Dominican Republic and there is a museum there dedicated to these heroes. As for the people, they are the same beautiful people as all across the island. As for the women, the same beautiful people as all across the island. It is not a tourist spot so you won't see many foreigners there. There have been strikes there this week due to lack of water. Every town is tourist friendly, how you behave yourself is how you will get treated.
OUTSTANDING great input …

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Salcedo is an unusual choice of a place to go and visit. As you can see on Google Maps, it is not a city, but quite near to the large town of Moca and the larger one of San Francisco de Macoris.
Good input sir

rey

Jan 2, 2007
You seem to know a lot about Salcedo ; did you live there in th past ? … also How is the crime there ? Is it as bad as santiago ?

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
You seem to know a lot about Salcedo ; did you live there in th past ? … also How is the crime there ? Is it as bad as santiago ?
I have never lived there, but I have lived in the DR for 20 years. My wife has family there and actually my youngest daughter has been there for the last 3 weeks. No clue about crime but I would assume that it is less than Santiago even if you compare per capita.

Reactions: rey

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I drive through Salcedo every week, what another person described to you is Tenares, a small town, but Salcedo is the capital of their province, not much of a tourist town, as most of the economy is agriculture based. Has a laid back feel, and a couple of good resteraunts, Byblos being one..... not big on crime but have some huelgas occasionally..... not a whole lot to do there but go to Santiago.... there are a few very good looking women there but that goes with every city in the DR....

Reactions: JD Jones and rey

rey

Jan 2, 2007
I drive through Salcedo every week, what another person described to you is Tenares, a small town, but Salcedo is the capital of their province, not much of a tourist town, as most of the economy is agriculture based. Has a laid back feel, and a couple of good resteraunts, Byblos being one..... not big on crime but have some huelgas occasionally..... not a whole lot to do there but go to Santiago.... there are a few very good looking women there but that goes with every city in the DR....
You the best

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
Friendly city
- Small town vibes: most of stores closes at lunch, reopen at 2 (it's one of the few places in the Cibao that still stands the old spanish siesta tradition)
- Unless if its a holiday or weekend, you won't see much of movement after 7/8 pm. Salcedo is a tranquilo city.
- Crime, very low.
- Hardworking people who live from agriculture
- Good nightlife, especially with some discos at downtown Salcedo
- Their streetfood at late night, amazing. The carritos nearby the park are 24/7.
- Locals enjoy the rivers nearby and the Terrazas on weekends between Moca > Salcedo or Tenares > Salcedo.

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Friendly city
- Small town vibes: most of stores closes at lunch, reopen at 2 (it's one of the few places in the Cibao that still stands the old spanish siesta tradition)
- Unless if its a holiday or weekend, you won't see much of movement after 7/8 pm. Salcedo is a tranquilo city.
- Crime, very low.
- Hardworking people who live from agriculture
- Good nightlife, especially with some discos at downtown Salcedo
- Their streetfood at late night, amazing. The carritos nearby the park are 24/7.
- Locals enjoy the rivers nearby and the Terrazas on weekends between Moca > Salcedo or Tenares > Salcedo.
Beautiful INPUT

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I went there alone about 10 years ago. I was there for 3 nights. Explored the area on a motoconcho. Visited some nice humans in their homes where the only way in was motor access crossing a shallow river on foot. There was only 1 hotel in the town. I went to the Mirabal Museum, and the home of DeeDee to say hi to her. Then to the park and original home. I didn't go out at night so can't tell you about that. I had a nice time. Very small town type feel