Hurricane Ike and Current Tropical Storms .. was .. Hey Chris: They're lining up

Sexy lady

Sep 6, 2008
Hi Guys

I'm over in the UK and have visited your wonderful country many times for holidays. Just want to say we are thinking of you all over there and hope you manage to escape the worst of Ike. We will be back in the spring with more things for the schools. You always make us so welcome. Thanks.

Hang in there. Take care and stay safe. x ;)

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Las Terrenas: Wind seems to be picking up last 30 mins, earlier was just some occasional bursts but know constant blustery, far from storm like... sky is black, no stars out. no rain. god bless the folks in T&C and further down the road.

lt

Feb 7, 2007
Not a single raindrop in Higuey today, though quite cloudy skies throughout the day. Just came from one drinking party (errgh those people have to work tomorrow) and going on to another one.... I can actuallyu even see some stars on the night sky.

So here in Higuey...all is calm...no rain...no wind...no storm... besides the angry people who want to cook... no propane gas anywhere in Higuey since 3 days ago!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It's been raining for about five hours in Santiago. No thunder or lightening but a constant rain. Not real heavy but steady....There will be flooding in some parts, for sure...

Just got off the phone with Lambada and BushBaby and POP is not having that much CONTINUAL rain, rather off and on with T&L..

HB signing off for tomorrow....WILL THERE BE GOLF?? The people ask....

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Slight drizzle, with Colombian chicken on the grill and all entertainment up and running!

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Grand Turk getting hit hard.............

...........everything in between to Provo "bracing".......if the place takes a hard hit we will likely be helping some "refugees" across to the DR on our tugs. Going to have to see what the storm surge does in POP.

If there is golf tomorrow, and if there are big puddles on the course, and if you hit your ball into the puddle, can you deduct one stroke if you try to hit the ball out of the puddle?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Last from Juan Dolio tonight. Strongish winds and gusts, still from the East. No rain.

Take care

matilda

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
last one from the east for bedtime.
like Rubio in Higuey,
we had no rain the whole day,
wind is completely calm from the landside,
even now 11:30 still 81F/27F.
don't understand why we did not get more rain by the visible clouds all over the island,
but sure i will not complain.
let's look forward to a sunday in Paradise.
Mike

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's 11.45pm and raining here in Sosua. Not very hard and I'm sure it will clear up over night. HB, it's all go for the golf tomorrow.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Just got off the phone with Lambada and BushBaby and POP is not having that much CONTINUAL rain, rather off and on with T&L..

Telepathically perhaps HB? Bushbaby says he spoke to you about 5 hours ago but not since then......................?? We just had tflea call us, perhaps you're with him?

As JD reported power jumping in & out in Puerto Plata, raining on & off since 7pm, sometimes heavily but not torrentially i.e. we do not have horizontal, driving rain, more like diagonal at times :laugh:. Have had thunder & lightning. Wind is blustery with occasional strong gusts (difficult to guess at but so far I don't think they have reached the 39 mph level, at a guess I'd say 25-30mph gusts). The wind is not as strong as Tropical Storm Jeanne 2004 which stalled out somewhere near Nagua but my memory could be amiss because I slept through that one as it passed through this area at around 8 in the morning.

We have a few shrubs bent over, also BushBaby bent over as he deals with small flood in our lounge..................:cheeky:

Rain is sufficient for flooding in downtown barrios &/or those close to rivers. There has been a ban on beach use & water sports on north coast all day (guess the folks in Cabarete didn't know that!) & according to El Caribe some of the Playa Dorada hotels have moved people from ground floor to first floor.
http://www.elcaribecdn.com/articulo_multimedios.aspx?id=182677&guid=9593CDF931BF404C8FD9C0DBC32415CA&Seccion=63

If you come across grumpy Civil Defence people in PP don't be surprised - apparently the food these volunteers were sent from SD had weevils in it.........
Puerto Plata Digital

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Quiet here in Santo Domingo; just came back from a BBQ, a few rain drops but everything else is smooth and calm

Feb 7, 2007
Some light rain here in Higuey between 12 midnight and 12.30... skies are getting clear now... as MikeFisher said, strange this, considering the satellite images showing clouds all over the island...

signing off...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
6:00 a.m. in Santiago. Blustery winds, light rains, overcast sky.

Will wait until 7:00 and see...

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
6:45 am in Punta Cana, grey skies, some overnight rain, a couple of thunderstorms at dawn, but nothing dramatic.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Chiri.
exactly that and bithing else. woke up around 6AM because strong rain and wind made their alarming noice, it lasted around 25 minutes and all been gone.
been on the beach right now, Ocean is completely flat.
at200809_sat_2_anim.gif

i don't get it that we did not have a bunch of rain on all sides including in Punta Cana and the south. but that's just fine.
at200809_radar.gif

he is moving on a straight westcourse on 14mphr away from the guys on the north,
Cat4, nothing will stop him to stay like Hanna, looks good for the Island.
Mike

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Ike is History for us What about Josephine?

Well that was boring (Thank goodness)

We got a Sprinkle of rain through the night.

Did not have anything more than sweet tropical breezes here in Gaspar Hernandez

Josephine looks dead in the water so I guess we are in the clear for the moment at least!
1. THE REMNANTS OF JOSEPHINE ARE LOCATED ABOUT 1000 MILES WEST OF THE
CAPE VERDE ISLANDS. REDEVOLPMENT INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IS NOT
EXPECTED.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Strange, this lack of water. From Turks and Caicos reports are coming of the sound of the winds, but no crazy flooding reported as yet. So, where has the water gone?
BTW, in the Turks and Caicos the local telephone company and internet company managed to keep some communication (internet and phone) on all night. On Providenciales they are just starting to go outside to assess the damage.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
I hope that it stays that way for the poor Haitians especially.

Maybe its a new breed of hurricane Like "Dry" beer.
I was out starting my generator just now and got some of those big PLOPPY drops but only a few. Some very Light Breezes. Quite pleasant...... Skies still gray. Streets still quiet. We should mock up a hurricane threat every Saturday night! Wasn't a Moto or a passing jerk with music blaring to be heard at 9:00 Last night. We could sit on the Gallery and hear ourselves think !