Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192
Results 1,911 to 1,914 of 1914

Thread: hurricane season 2017

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    there is nothing out there we would need to watch out for.

today we have 4 waves on their usual Duty to carry moisture from the far E to the W.

1) is located somewhere around Bermuda, not of interest to us.
    2) is located in the SW'ern Caribbean Sea.
    this is the only Tropical Wave assiciated witha surface Low Pressure System.
    it is very closeto Shore of the Central American Mainland and should come on Shore there during today
    without any development, it is a small area.
    3) it passed over the Windward Islands this morning and moves through the SE'ern Caribbean Sea.
    no surface Low present to mingle with.
    it could get attracted by the far Tail from "1)" and wander NW,
    but doesn't look any strong or troublesome.
    4) on the Southern Highway Lane, not associated with any Low,
    a normal Tropical Wave that brings normal non violent moisture to South America.

none of the actual Tropical Waves needs to be observed by us Islanders.

over all, the Highway brought during the last couple days a nice wide Dry Shield up
    and Windshear over All the Highway is nicely up on very violent Levels.
    the Conditions out there overthe Highway will not allow any quick nor strong development of anything for several days to come, I don't think we will get anything significant up til after the next weekend.

watching the Expressway over Africa looks very dry for this time of the season.
    i am not a follower/not checking stuff onthe far away Monsuns over Pakistan/India etc, where all that stuff originates before it comes close to our Highway, but i would guess that their Monsun Season been on the less wet scale compared other years, nothing to spot on a far distance anywhere there.

if it wouldn't be much too far before the official end of the season i would have called it a Season's End already since last weekend, because i do not find anything big anywhere that would be suspicious to reach Atlantic waters off the African Eastshores in a powerful way.

we keep watching every few days, in case something changes.
    looks perfectly fine right now and for the next few days ahead.
    looking further into the future is not worth the time spent and anyways too full of uncertainties to be reliable.

Mike
    Thanks, Mike. Just checking. Buenos dias, senor!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

just chiming in to show that the Topic is not forgotten.
    nothing of any importance to report from the stormy front.

the only Tropical Wave associated with a Surface Low Pressure area is located in the SE'ern Caribbean Sea.
    chance for anything to develop out of it are close to zero.
    IF it does, it would be a slow northwards drifter, nothing that would bother our part of the Island.

the broad Tropical Wave mid Highway is like actually/since days all the Highway, under hostile windshear,
    so for several days in advance we can not await anything from out there from the far East.
    as i mentioned last wwekend or at the beginning of the week,
    it looks like this hefty season came very early to an end for big ones out of the far East.

looks all fine for the week ahead.
    have a great sunday y'all

Mike

3. Likes caribmike, j&t's future, sabra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks once again Mike. I have to see if I can get the wife to take a trip out your way for some greenies...

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Thanks once again Mike. I have to see if I can get the wife to take a trip out your way for some greenies...

HB
    that always sounds like a good plan, lol.

Mike