hurricane season 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
this one gives a general overview over all the Highway and all the Atlantic/Caribbean/Gulf of Mexico Area.
it shows Water Concentration,
means where it shows red/violet/blue there is some waterloads wandering around.
once such waterloads become a formation/get concentrated around a Center,
that's then the time when we start to watch, stock up on Beers or get the Popcorn ready.
it also autoupdates, so it should always be actual.

Mike

wv-animated.gif

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Those wishing to receive storm updates originating from NOAA via email can sign up here:

https://lists.illinois.edu/lists/info/wx-atlan

I'd recommend those with only a passing interest sign up for only the advisory messages. Storm outlook messages generate about 4 emails per day even when there is no activity. You can pick and choose, add or delete as often as you wish until you get the level of detail just right. It's free.

Eg.

ABNT20 KNHC 031726
TWOAT

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Sat Jun 3 2017

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

A low pressure area, associated with the remnants of eastern Pacific Tropical Storm Beatriz, is located over the Bay of Campeche. While the associated shower and thunderstorm activity currently shows signs of organization, little additional development is expected due to strong upper-level winds.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.

$$
Forecaster Beven

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Me, been here 17 years, through a few hurricanes and there is only one source which is better than NOAA and much more reliable and that is Fisherman Mike. As long as he can get on line his information is always totally accurate - no scare mongering just the actual facts. Mike's da man.

Matilda

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Now hurricane season is officially open because MIKE'S back !...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
haaaa,
only mid June and already something to "report" on the Highway.
no worries, i just want to keep the Topic active, so here we go with the first Cloud moving from Africa towards the Caribbean.
a Stormy Area off the West African Coast started yesterday afternoon to mingle with a Tropical Wave that left the Mainland.
the Pack is moving Westward on the usual 20mphr.
it is located well below 10"N, so there will not be much/most likely none Circulation come into any swing for days.
under present conditions and on that position far south Development is at this moment very unlkely.
BUT,
it is the first Cloud of the Season out there on da Highway,
so DR1 is watching it.
on the Satelite coverage of the Atlantic the Disturbance is still not seen,
it's position is still straight south of the Cap Vere Islands.
the Sat Loop is on auto update, so later on, when sufficient Westward, the Disturbance should be seen on the right Bottom.

in the meanwhile we have to take care to keep those drinks iced,
as we will stay HOT!!! on the Isle, at least that's the conditions here on the dry hot East

Mike
vis-animated.gif

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i just realize a strange thingy, maybe a Mod has an idea how to solve:
the above shown Satelite Loop is Cut, the right part of the Map is not displayed in the post.
if you go ow on the Loop and make a "right-click" with your mouse, select "open imae in a new window",
then you see the full satelite Map from the Gulf of Mexico to the West African Coast.
i don't know why it does not show up completely in the Post itself right away.
it is also the same with my Loop shown in my post 21 above.

Mike

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Me, been here 17 years, through a few hurricanes and there is only one source which is better than NOAA and much more reliable and that is Fisherman Mike. As long as he can get on line his information is always totally accurate - no scare mongering just the actual facts. Mike's da man.

Matilda

Roger that...

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
i just realize a strange thingy, maybe a Mod has an idea how to solve:
the above shown Satelite Loop is Cut, the right part of the Map is not displayed in the post.
if you go ow on the Loop and make a "right-click" with your mouse, select "open imae in a new window",
then you see the full satelite Map from the Gulf of Mexico to the West African Coast.
i don't know why it does not show up completely in the Post itself right away.
it is also the same with my Loop shown in my post 21 above.

Mike

the "highway" looks pretty moist

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the "highway" looks pretty moist

the pavement is wet over the whole caribbean Sea and all around the Island belt where highest moisture is present, our end of the Higway.
out there on the far East conditions are fairly dry. Not sucked with a high amount of SAL(that Saharan Dry Sand in the air which hinders Storms to gain powers), but moisture further out in the East is not very high.
actually we do not need the SAL Protection shield.
Windshear surrounding our Paradise and over the Highway to our East
is at the moment very hostile for Storms to form and gain powers.
the Red Areas, which is almost everything around us and east of us, is the highest/most hostile Windshear Areas.
what ever would start to get a swing, the actual windshear would hinder that it gains significant powers.
Not near our Soil, not now.

Mike

wg8shr.GIF

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not much wet pavement on the north coast. We cold use some rain. Look at the 7 day forecast and very little chance of precipitation.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
the same here on the East since weeks,
Hot, Humid, no rain, no wind, no waves.
perfect summer weather,
but of course every once in a while we need some water, too.

Mike

Last summer was very dry. Looks like a repeat, but you never know.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Most afternoons these days, I can watch what looks like promising storm clouds develop to the southwest of me. Lots of towering Cumulus clouds, some fairly dark. They don't advance in my direction despite the surface wind direction. Might be some high altitude winds moving in an opposing direction that is tearing them apart. With the heat there is certainly enough convection and evaporation for storms to form. Based on my experience from the past few years (except for the drought), the season for regular late afternoon storms seems to happen August through October. A few months to go.

As an interesting aside, my pool water topped out at 101 degrees for the first time yesterday. It would follow that the surface temperature of the ocean must be on the climb as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.