Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: POP to Jarabacoa and Jarabacoa to Sosua

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not expecting to be cheaper than CT just looking not for an expensive cab ride

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeeB View Post
    Driving ourselves is not an option. Car hire perhaps? Any sort of shuttle service offered where you can share with other passengers?
    Caribe Tours ... 150 + 75 pesos per person. I doubt you will find anything that will come anywhere near that price. I guess a car for hire would save you two hours of travel time but the cost won't be cheap. Caribe Tours can be done without knowing a word of Spanish.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a way to see how long the trip would be on the Ct website? Flight arrives at 2:15 so not likely to catch the 3:00 so if on the 4pm would you be able to catch the 6pm?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the interactive map is helpful just not sure of how to figure out arrival times. Any idea of what the cost of Uber would be?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a way to see how long the trip would be on the Ct website? Flight arrives at 2:15 so not likely to catch the 3:00 so if on the 4pm would you be able to catch the 6pm?
    I would say no way will you be able to get the 6PM bus. By the time you leave the airport, get into PP to the Caribe Tours bus depot it would be way too late to get a bus to arrive in LaVega before 6PM.

Do you have hotel reservations in Jarabacoa? If so maybe they can suggest something.

Uber or airport taxi seem to be your only choice at this juncture.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

http://jmtransfer.com/transfer-aerop...rto-plata-pop/

JM Transfers lists $139 POP to Jarabacoa for 1 - 6 passengers.

Just my two pesos but Uber would be the last choice for me. Uber is new in the POP area so drivers may or may not be available. Even if a few drivers are available they may not want to do that long trip.

I would play it safe and book a transfer service online in advance.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

They had suggested Caribe tours so I guess will have to ask for another option.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

$139 US so even more CDN. Will check out cost of Uber I guess and what the hotel can suggest. Maybe a cab from La Vega?
    Thanks for all the help everyone!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

They had suggested Caribe tours so I guess will have to ask for another option.
    I would check with them again and make sure they are aware of your late arrival. They may be able to arrange a transfer service.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

$139 US so even more CDN. Will check out cost of Uber I guess and what the hotel can suggest. Maybe a cab from La Vega?
    Thanks for all the help everyone!
    Yes, you could Caribe Tours it to La Vega and a taxi from there. Can't help you with the cost but just keep in mind you don't get the Caribe Tours bus at the airport. You will need Uber or a taxi to get you to the Caribe Tours bus depot in the actual city of Puerto Plata.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast