Question about hotel rules regarding their employees

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Hi everyone,,,,
I was just reading through the posts abt bringing someone sucessfully to your country.... and it was suggested several times that if u found someone taking your time and getting to know him, living in the Dr for 6 months to get to know his lifestyle etc.....
ok heres my question,,,,,and please dont jump all over this in a neg way ,,i like this forum because we can ask questions ,,this crossed my mind so i am asking.......
At the resort i went to ,,they were very strict about employees whereabouts, they had to sign in and out ,had to leave work immediatly when finished their shift, and had to have notes detailing if they were taking anything with them when leaving the resort,(chambermaids included ,,, when u left little gifts), so there was not alot of opportunity to get to know ,spend time with my "friend"....... On his days off we met and did day trips,,,,, and this was a good experience,well except for the 24 people on the bus,,,,lol, so my question is ,,,, because he worked at this resort he could not be there ,,what if i stayed at another resort ,,would he be able to spend time there????? I have plans to go back ,,,but want to stay at the same resort as i was comfortable there,,,,location,people,etc, He wants to take the week off of work to spend with me but i do not necessarily want him to do this as he would not be able to really spend time with me any way ,,not being able to be there....

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Looks like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place,:cheeky: I don't think resort workers can just take a week off, I think their max vacation is 3 days!! And depending on when you are going??..I have read the resorts are pretty much all maxed out for capacity..The workers are over worked during this "busy" time.

I doubt he will be able to spend "vacation" at his resort, I think the Hotel only allows that for his family/kids/wife!

Trust me he will make time for you, especially if it's a shopping excursion in Higuey!!I say Higuey because it's much cheaper there..I picked up a sweet pair of Nike Air Force 1's(I hope they are real) I'm sure you will love that!!And if you were to treat him to another resort?? no idea!!
but good luck!!

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
hi Lapurr... Where is Higuey???? I did not get any where that really had much more than souveneer stuff to buy ,,,, We went to Cabarete one day and then one day into P. Plata,,, but i didt find so much to look at,I have no doubt he would make time for me ,,and he likes shopping,,,,which i found funny ,as men here dont really love shopping adn looking at things usually... How much did u pay for your nikes?????

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Ohhh Higuey is East Coast (I think-I'm pretty sure) We have only stayed in Punta Cana/Bavaro/Cabeza de Toro area...There is allot of shopping in Bavaro area, but it was pretty expensive, My daughter is a real sneaker girl...so whe always pick up some nikes and they have stuff we just havent seen in Canada, in Canada she usually pays about $180/pr..In Higuey about $80-100 pr. But like i said...they have a great selection!!

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
Sounds like fun

If you don't mind telling which resort you stayed in? That would be helpful. Sounds like you had a good time with your friend. (Please don't say any names or your thread will be closed.) From my stays at the AI's in the past the employees are not allowed to stay at the resort which they work in but there is no reason that you can not stay at a different one as long as you pay (or he pays). Be careful though, take your time, and have fun.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
If I remember correctly, he might be able to spend a few days with you AT ANY OTHER resort, EXCEPT the one he works for...although maybe not a whole week....but you do have to remember something...

YOU WILL BE FOOTING THE WHOLE BILL FOR THIS...That is ONE of the very first rules of 'sankiehood'...

Good luck!!!!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
If these hotel workers cannot stay on the hotel premises once their shift is done with guests they've befriended, then how do these tourists keep hooking up with them?

I always thought these guys were able to go to the hotel disco, dance the night away and they were free to visit guests in their rooms.

Is this true?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I'll go shopping with you too.........

hi Lapurr... Where is Higuey???? I did not get any where that really had much more than souveneer stuff to buy ,,,, We went to Cabarete one day and then one day into P. Plata,,, but i didt find so much to look at,I have no doubt he would make time for me ,,and he likes shopping,,,,which i found funny ,as men here dont really love shopping adn looking at things usually... How much did u pay for your nikes?????

Seeing as you'll be paying for all purchases!

If you stay at a different resort , your sankie (oops -'friend') will be able to stay with you and you should be able to get a better rate as he can get "Dominican" rates so it will be cheaper.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Yes & No Berzin,

The resort I was at, only the animation staff and fun club were allowed to attend the Disco..The disco was not very exciting, I'm pretty sure all the "action" happens on the beach which is absolutely sick...we brought our snorkeling gear and I cant even tell you how nasty it was in the water...I'm not or exaggerating when I say "there were Hundreds of Condoms" in the water just in our snorkeling range.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
No Dust Bite

...If you stay at a different resort , your sankie (oops -'friend') will be able to stay with you and you should be able to get a better rate as he can get "Dominican" rates so it will be cheaper.;)

Not necessarily.
The sankies usually skim off the difference...

:)

m'frog

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
If these hotel workers cannot stay on the hotel premises once their shift is done with guests they've befriended, then how do these tourists keep hooking up with them?

I always thought these guys were able to go to the hotel disco, dance the night away and they were free to visit guests in their rooms.

Is this true?

a disco in town is a good hookup spot for the sankies and their ladies. then they stop by one of those one-hour hotels or a cabana for the evening. the same goes for the sankiettes.
when i stayed at an AI, i never saw resort workers in the hotel disco.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If I remember correctly, he might be able to spend a few days with you AT ANY OTHER resort, EXCEPT the one he works for...although maybe not a whole week....but you do have to remember something...

YOU WILL BE FOOTING THE WHOLE BILL FOR THIS...That is ONE of the very first rules of 'sankiehood'...

Good luck!!!!

This is good advice.

To the OP, if you want to get to know your friend better you need to stay at another hotel with him.

Good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.