▫▫ Earthquake Reports ▫▫

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Conchman said:
Is that seismic information from a station in the DR? Is this new? I went to that website but didnt see anything.
No, that's just an image of the heliograph from Isla Derecha from the PR seismic network. When I post images here that I have manipulated in some way I send them to one of my websites, and then link to that, so it can appear in the thread, that's all.

Tom aka XR Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Conchman said:
I had seen it listed on another site this morning as 5.3, and I can't find the link again. That's what the local geologists estimated, and what was quoted in the newspapers as well. 'Magnitude' reporting is tricky because there are several different scales that use the same word, the number that is associated with the word is different and calculated differently. It's also not a very exacting thing sometimes when the ground movement a small quake causes is estimated from locations far away.

Tom aka XR 1 out of every 4 people is crazy. Check 3 friends. If they are OK, you're it.

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
There were in fact two earthquakes. The first in the afternoon was a 4.3 near Nagua, the second a 5.3 west of Santo Domingo.

Tom aka XR I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
These earthquakes are new one?

I California unless its a large enought no one make a noticeable report. Here there are always aftershocks to big earthquakes. I know that in DR people panick easy when an earthquake accurs. I was visiting in the SD when a mild tremor occurred and the whole nieghborhood was out in the street saying their prayer and clamoring that it was a punishment from God.
I wish that schools start teaching platetatonics as soon as possible as part of science. The system is set up to keep the population ignorante of the realities of life. I went to school there, and there are many subject that are never reffer to.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Chiri,
I meant that it was old news, didn't even notice the date I was typing!!!! Now you have me wondering!!!

Marlie