2nd Annual N. Coast Charity Golf Tournament

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
This what Sandi wrote on Give Us Some Head....it's for Charity! | Facebook

"Yet another week gone and although I am certainly up for this, I am hoping to continue raising money right up until the end… Although I am sworn to secrecy regarding the exact amounts donated per side, I can tell you that “YES” is ahead and that currently, we are up to $246.00 in donations and I am thrilled! Thank you to all who have donated so far, you guys ROCK! Whether you have already donated or will be donating soon please let me know if you do not want your name publicized, as we will be posting public thank you notices once the golf tournament is over. Just send me a message or email and I will be sure to keep your name out of postings and correspondence.

Your possible bald friend,

Sandi"

The Facebook page is updated weekly so join in and send money.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Suggested Dress Code for the 2nd Annual is:

Optional.
Loud, gawdy, gauche and creative as you wanna be, as long as it's not offensive
in public. Remember, this is a classy event at that ever-so-chic Playa Dorada golf club, the envy of Pebble Beach and Augusta National.
Flyers began circulating just today with the basic details of the event, and as stated previously, it's important to not only sign up early, but to actually pay the entry fee early. Our off-shore account is not exactly unlimited with funding. Payments may be made at Jolly Roger's, DR1 REalty in Sosua, and sister company, Sosua Property Management just above the Residencia Hotel Europa, near Scotiabank in Sosua. Other arrangements can be made with a simple message to :
tomindr@yahoo.ca
Thanks, and we look forward to seeing everyone !

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Just in case Sandi needs the info:

'The genetic baldness tests will be introduced to the Dominican Republic by Skin and Hair Transplant Institute of Santo Domingo The company is lead by Dr. Alba Reyes Sagiv, M.D., the first surgeon in Latin America to be accepted as ?American Board Certified? in the area of hair restoration (ABHRS). She is the Dominican Republic pioneer of the most advanced hair restoration techniques' ;)

Genetic Hair Loss Test To Be Introduced In Dominican Republic Through HairDX Distribution Agreement - Yahoo! Finance

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
This what Sandi wrote on Give Us Some Head....it's for Charity! | Facebook

"Yet another week gone and although I am certainly up for this, I am hoping to continue raising money right up until the end? Although I am sworn to secrecy regarding the exact amounts donated per side, I can tell you that ?YES? is ahead and that currently, we are up to $246.00 in donations and I am thrilled! Thank you to all who have donated so far, you guys ROCK! Whether you have already donated or will be donating soon please let me know if you do not want your name publicized, as we will be posting public thank you notices once the golf tournament is over. Just send me a message or email and I will be sure to keep your name out of postings and correspondence.

Your possible bald friend,

Sandi"

The Facebook page is updated weekly so join in and send money.

I'm not shy so post the donors, Head or no Head....I paid the usual $30 as a donation for ( Yes Bald Head )

Only $240 so far seems a bit sluggish....For some reason I thought that the tournament was July 4th not Aug 15th... not that I golf.

Carry on and thanks for the update.

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
Things are starting to get interesting! Our current donation total is now $351.00....and now "NO" is ahead!

Remember that it's not the number of votes received....it's the amount of money donated that wins the vote!

These are great causes, and ANY amount you might be willing to donate will help so much!

:)

Give Us Some Head....it's for Charity! | Facebook

If you are not on Facebook....you can still donate by visiting the website:

http://www.nccharitygolf.com/

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I like donating for sending the kids to school but don't care for dogs so I will donate another $30 if it will go to the kids not the dogs.

If this can be done let me know

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
I like donating for sending the kids to school but don't care for dogs so I will donate another $30 if it will go to the kids not the dogs.

If this can be done let me know

Mike, I totally understand what you are saying...but it would be impossible to delegate some donations for one charity and not the other. The Golf Tournament planners have picked them both to be the beneficiaries this year.

Please do not let this cause you to change your mind about donating! Both Sosua Kids and AAAS are wonderful causes and they do SO much to help those that need it most....

PS: AAAS isn't just about dogs.....it's about all PETS. Just think about how happy your donation could make a kid who's pet was saved because resources were available to help it! :classic:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike, I totally understand what you are saying...but it would be impossible to delegate some donations for one charity and not the other. The Golf Tournament planners have picked them both to be the beneficiaries this year.

Please do not let this cause you to change your mind about donating! Both Sosua Kids and AAAS are wonderful causes and they do SO much to help those that need it most....

PS: AAAS isn't just about dogs.....it's about all PETS. Just think about how happy your donation could make a kid who's pet was saved because resources were available to help it! :classic:

Oh yes I forgot about that.

Normal people get married and have children and pets !

Alrighty then, expect another $30 for puppy chow!

That I can live with !

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I signed up for myself & two others by paying into the office today tflea!

So, Bushbaby (Grahame), CFA123 & Lee Barnes will be part of my team. I'll try to get a fourth but if there is a single looking for a team - please feel free to let me know!
:)cheeky: :pirate: :ermm: under 6 handicap would be preferred because we need all the help we can get to be competitive!! :ermm: :pirate: :cheeky:)

How are the numbers (of players) stacking up & what ratio of the female persuasion are signed up?

Anyone who thinks they might be interested but do not have any clubs, ..... I'll be happy to loan a set. I'll even give a bit of tuition of how NOT to hit the ball (those who have seen my swing will tell you that I speak the truth here) prior to the event if anyone wants to LEARN the game! ~ Grahame.:surprised

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Any update of numbers taking part on the course?

How many female players have agreed to put up with our male chauvinism on the course? :ermm: :paranoid:

Is the format to be the same as last year with 'Shot gunstart'?

What time of start are you hoping for? ~ Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am sorry to report that I will not be able to participate this year. Some family business takes me to Florida over that weekend. 12-19 August in FLL (Boynton Beach)

I am sorry...

HB

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Any update of numbers taking part on the course?

How many female players have agreed to put up with our male chauvinism on the course? :ermm: :paranoid:

Is the format to be the same as last year with 'Shot gunstart'?

What time of start are you hoping for? ~ Grahame.

So far we are up to about 30 golfers but unfortanely not many females hae shown interest (come on guys bring your girls out to play!!!). We are doing a shot gun start again this year and are looking at about a 9 o'clock tee time. Tflea gave me your registration info so your team (less the 6 handicapper) is ready to go.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Updated Sponsors List

An updated list of sponsors for the 2nd Annual North Coast Charity Classic:

Las Canas - dinner for four
Las Canas - one weeks accomondations
Outback Jungle Safari
DR1 - beer cart
Bermuda Rum - club regripping
Admiral Sports Wear - shirts for players
Cafe Cito
Freestyle Catarmaran - trip for two
DR1 Real Estate
Sosua Property Management
Rockys - 9 piece rib dinner
EPS/Sosua Business Services
Lambada
North Coast Dive - snorkel trip for 8
Jolly Roger - dinner for 4
Watson Homes
Valentinos Cigar Shop - box of cigars
Gone Fishing - 1/2 day trip for 2
Ton Plokkaar (massage therapist) - 1 hour massage
Dr. Murray McCutcheon (quiropractica) - 1st session free

We currently have many great prizes and sponsors as you can see above. We still are looking for more golfers (it is a great day of fun even if you are not a golfer) If you are unable to attend this fun filled day than why not make a monetary donation or offer up a prize for the auction or prize table. For this to be a continued success we need as much support and aid as possible from all of our fellow DR1ers.
I thank all of you for taking time to read this and look forward to seeing many of you at this much anticipated event. Tom

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
It's all about fun , not so much about golf. Let's play! the winners are the kids and the animals this year.............last year was just the beginning of an annual, must attend event.

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
Sandi's head shaving donations....

Our donation total is now up to $537.00 and "NO" is STILL ahead!

Curt is smiling, because he isn't too crazy about "hangin' out with Baldy"...but, with 2 1/2 weeks until the tournament...you still have time to change the outcome!!

Afterall.....Bald is Beautiful!! :)

If you are not on Facebook, you can still donate at the website

North Coast Charity Golf Tournament

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006

If you are playing in the 2nd Annual North Coast Charity Classic please, at your
earliest convenience, send twhitehead a message with your name and who will be in your group. If you want to play and don't have a group formed that is perfectly OK as well, there are others with whom you can be paired up.
But please sign up with a simple msg to: tomindr@yahoo.ca

Thanks

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
If you are playing in the 2nd Annual North Coast Charity Classic please, at your
earliest convenience, send twhitehead a message with your name and who will be in your group. If you want to play and don't have a group formed that is perfectly OK as well, there are others with whom you can be paired up.
But please sign up with a simple msg to: tomindr@yahoo.ca

Thanks

So how many teams are we now?
I have acquired the fourth for our team but I am sure there are still some vacancies among the other teams. So get your wallets out (for a couple of good causes) & enroll in an enjoyable day of friendly golf competition!

The good lady who mashes my muscles &/or manipulates my body once a week has agreed to donate two separate one hour sessions on her torture table. Light massage, DEEP tissue massage or manipulation (of the bones) are available from this bruja (YES, she DOES know I call her that!!) & she comes highly recommended. I believe these sessions are going to be offered as raffle 'PRIZES', so remember to save enough money to bid high ......... IF you are into masochism! :paranoid: ! :ermm: ! ~ Grahame.

Last edited:

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Thus far we are about 45 ball smashers ready for the outing next Saturday. We do expect some stragglers to show up this week for sign up.

Tee off is at 0900, shotgun start, Texas Scramble play. Best ball of the group on each hole, with the group having to play at least 2 tee shots of each player in the round. No handicaps, all straight up scoring.
Special awards for: closest to the hole on a par 3; longest drive on a par 5;
Highly suggested everyone arrive by 0830 to pass by sign-in table, pick up your official ball cap, score cards, etc.
Beer carts will be circulating, lunch and awards ceremony immediately after at the clubhouse/19th hole. We have some good prizes this year; catamaran trip with Freestyle Cats, massages, dinners, shirts, hotel stays, snorkeling trip for 8, cigars, fishing trip, jungle safari and more.
For out of town visitors, rental clubs are available at the pro shop.
Individuals without a 4-some are very welcome, teams will be done at the sign-in table as required.
Come have a fun day and invite your golfing friends to join us for this worthy, charity event. School starts soon and kids are ready to buy their school uniforms and supplies and need the help.

curtandsandi

Nov 26, 2006
www.curtandsandi.net
Alright guys & gals - Our current "head count" is up to $786.83 with "no please don't shave your head" winning... we have only 6 days left to make online donations and choose the fate of my hair, will it go to charity or will it stay on my head? The choice is up to you and there is no minimum donation to vote. To vote, please follow the link to our group. Remember all money goes to benefits 2 different charities and the hair will be donated as well.

If you are not on Facebook, you can still donate at the website

North Coast Charity Golf Tournament