A backhanded swipe at DR?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
To say that if it's not for the US no help will have reached Haiti whatsoever is a bit of a stretch. The DR certainly didn't had to wait for the US saviors to start sending help to Haiti. (By the next day several Dominican helicopters were on their way back to the DR with Haitians on them headed to HOMS). While the help from the US is extremely valuable specially with the airport situation, you cannot be inflating your ego saying everywhere that US are the enables of the World aid towards Haiti.

This is mostly irrelevant to my posts.

Again, do you have anything to back up your derogatory comments about the US support? If not please make it clear that it is made up or hearsay from some other conspiracy theorist.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
so let me get this straight....if extreme R says the u.s. is not the end all be all to world aid and haitians wouldve still gotten some without them, he is a conspiracy theorist?

where is the conspiracy in that? its a simple fact.

has the u.s. been extremely helpful? yes. are they the only ones who can and have made a difference? hell no.

if you think the u.s. is the only country on earth who can do anything ever perhaps you need to reexamine your fanaticism?

Extreme R was simply being objective but the "Rah Rah without americans all would be lost" crew is certainly not.

Howlong youve been posting and who you know is whats irrelevant. Facts are facts. The u.s. is not the end all be all and it can be criticized as much as any other country can be. Its not above a damn thing. if you THINK it is, you have a problem w objectivity.

The DR has also been critcized even though theyre helping. oh well. why does it have to be a "conspiracy theory" just because you want to state facts or even an opinion? why is the u.s. above everything for some of you people? thats whats scary.

wth.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Extreme, can you reference us to something that will back this up? Or we are expected to be like so many that just assume if anything good is said about the US it must be a lie?

Chip I believe you are being over sensitive to justified criticism. The criticism is just to the USA, other countries including my own, Canada, are also to blame for the situation in Haiti, but most of all the Haitian elite/government are to blame as they have not taken charge or responsibility for the situation in Haiti. The last two paragraphs sum up what needs to happen in Haiti.
Reflections on Haiti's past show urgency for change - thestar.com

Last edited:

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
People have their head in a box and aren't interested in the truth.

Yeah lets close down the resorts and somehow it'll make it all better.

I can virtually guantee if it had been them who had planned and paid six months for a vacation and taken time off from work we know where they would be - and no it wouldn't be NY.

omg...everytime something bad happens in the streets of america...maybe we should shut down the WHOLE country...just in case :)...lol

how these nieve people get thier jobs is astounding to me :)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I just read a news report from the Guardian that said that Brazil and France were complaining because the American military had "taken over" the airport by giving preference to "American military planes" and just a couple of paragraphs later reported that after dispersing aid the "American helicopters" abruptly left without dispensing it in a more orderly manner.

Am I not getting something here? People are complaining that American military planes no doubt loaded with soldiers are given priority and then complaining that the security situation is poor? Is that stupid or what?

If the security situation isn't improved the aid can't be distributed efficiently to those who need it the most - period.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Well, it happened. We had 2 people back out of a tour next week because of guilt based on what they read about how bad it would be to go have fun while folks suffer.

They will come when things settle down.

But articles like this one has had an impact. That is several thousand of dollars that won't be circulating in the DR economy.