www.mikefisher.fun
back from reading,
have to add that it been not an easy one for the Fisherman,
but i worked my way throu.
thanks for an interesting lecture.
i just do not understand one point:
why they smashed the women down?
taking away their position of lead?
in that article it is written that they brought within their friends 'total equality for women". darn, poor women, b/c for me they are not 'equal', from my point of view they are just 'the best'/better, so equality would be a huge downgrade of their spezies.
i am myself not some kinda wellwritten 'pronounce it perfect' kinda guy,
so i prefer more the less philosopical(sorry for some sp?) way taken right outha middle of life.
a simple example why i place IMO women much over men and for such would name the 'total equality' a downgrade:
* typical out of life situation.
* me, the lil man, sitting in front of his 'puter, doing that important stuff
* nearby are available the Wife, beloved 'woman' of course, and a friend, 'much appreciated hang out company/best buddy'
* my beer is empty
so here are two available choices.
#1 let your male buddy know that your beer is empty and that you wanna have a new one from the 3ft away located fridge. pass throu the usual discussions about %^$#@$@ aso aso aso, maybe when his own beer is finished, MAYBE then he get's his bu$$ up and aside of his own one he might grab and open and MAYBE even serve an other one for me. nobody realizes the presence of the wife.
#2 i tell the beloved wifey to &^#$%# refill that empty glass.
of course that will be done right away, b/c in today's emancipated(sp?) society we men have rights, too. no discussion needed. better looking servant anyways(you don't know what kinda ugly buddies i have, lol). and all is just fine.

so out of such simple example, out of real life, i say that women are the #1.
a simple 'equality' would be a downgrade.

o.k.
i guess i made my own "believing"/religious point clear.
I do not have one.
the world has thousands of """variations""" of that human beeing denying crap.
i guess the US alone has more differently named variations of 'christian movements/brotherhoods/churches/religious constitutions aso' than the rest of the world together.

and Yes,
i don't like them, nowhere,
because they have all together one thing in common:

none of them accepts a good person from 'the other believe' as a good person on the right way just because it/he/she is a good person.
there is always some kind of excuse why each 'thinks' to be better than the other.
and by that kinda thinking none does any good.

so who was reading all to this line may name me a lil Devil, right?
a %^$& selveannounced Macho boss, right?
with a poor slave of wifey in the household to serve him his cold ones and do the clean up in the house and washes the clothes, right?

i guess i made my point.
when my best buddy or anybody else visits my place and is sitting here with me and wife and who ever may be present, and such is not just restricted to our place here at home,
and a glass is empty,
nobody needs to say anything,
i just walk to the fridge and refill for everybody, and of course for my wife first,
b/c i do not need any religious 'movement' to know instinctively(darn sp??) what is the right treatment for good people at my place or at any other place.

no need to count on any history of "he/we/she/them" aso did this and that and there in 1690 or when ever.
it is IMO worth nothing.
DO today, right now, that's what counts for myself in full.

no society/church/priest/president/history/bloodline/race/some God's name needed.

just people,
people who DO,
people who care,
people who ARE.

Mike

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
i disagree completely with that post.
Mike

I'm glad you had the energy to combat that post, Mike. I saw it & inwardly cringed. It would never occur to me to post anything about my personal 'religious' beliefs (or proselytise/recruit/convert). I wonder if that poster realises that such statements can in fact be offensive to atheists and agnostics, among others? I'm neither an atheist nor an agnostic but I recognise their right to have their sensitivities considered as much as anyone else's. There is far too much religious extremism these days and it doesn't just come from the orient.

Btw I'm not decrying anyone's efforts to help out in the DR. We just don't need a celestial brand name behind it.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
NO,
it is not the Lord who directs people to do that,
it is NOT the Lord who supplies the Items throu evangelists and churches.
i do not accept such blue eyed easy good feeling explanation.
it IS the good heart in a good person who does good.
and that's also good in the eyes of God.
but it is not HIM who does it.
it is the inner of everybody who DOES.
just to wait that the "Boss" will bring everything on the right way would be a typical "religious" excuse for everything bad til the Lord brings it on the right way.
i believe in the good in good people,
i disagree completely with that post.
Mike

Why must you have so many good posts that I can no longer give you reputation points for the ones I really appreciate and agree with! :cheeky:

Well said! Two thumbs up!;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm glad you had the energy to combat that post, Mike. I saw it & inwardly cringed. It would never occur to me to post anything about my personal 'religious' beliefs (or proselytise/recruit/convert). I wonder if that poster realises that such statements can in fact be offensive to atheists and agnostics, among others? I'm neither an atheist nor an agnostic but I recognise their right to have their sensitivities considered as much as anyone else's. There is far too much religious extremism these days and it doesn't just come from the orient.

Btw I'm not decrying anyone's efforts to help out in the DR. We just don't need a celestial brand name behind it.
"Amen" to that!

But - he's not the only person to state overtly that he thinks that the godless are by definition worthless and incapable of good - but as a non-believer I think that he and people like him are by definition very deluded indeed and their opinion of me and others like myself counts for very little, so no offence taken - we're even. :D