A-Rod 60 Homers this year?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
new yorkers are trend setters. right now A-Rod is in style and in October when they're watching the world Series on tv, they'll blame him. i bet there's A-Rod jersey being sold everywhere above 155th St.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Los conoces a todos?....

All of a sudden all the Dominicans in NY are proud to say Arod is a Dominican. If you told them that the last few years they would want to fight with you. Talk about front runners.
Well, nice to know you know ALL Dominicans in NY, haha. But I know what you mean.

Well, this Dominican is not talking about the AMERICAN A-Rod, rather the PLAYER A-Rod.

Also, this Dominican is NOT an A-Rod fan, rather a baseball fan and the guy, right now, is good for baseball.

Schit, even if he were playing for the SUCKS, I would still give him credit for what he is doing!!.

Btw, this Dominican is a HUGE fan of Ivan Rodriguez, a Puerto Rican and NOT a fan of A-Rod, a Dominican. Perhaps because I don't live in NY, wahahahaha. Go figure!.

Last edited:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
You just have to enjoy the game at this stage and root for Bonds to be the next home run king - hopefully before end of May. The real good players show their stuff after the all star break and into September. So we'll see how A-Rod does when the pressure is on, but without a doubt, he's doing good right now.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
If you look at the numbers. Rodriguez has been the most reliable.

From 2000
Arod: RBI=132 135 142 118 106 130 121
HR=41 52 57 47 36 48 35
Batt AVG= 316 318 300 298 286 321 290

Bonds: RBI=106 137 110 90 101 10 77
HR= 49 73 46 45 45 5 26
Batt AVG=306 328 370 341 362 286 270

Alex numbers look better Maybe cause Hes younger and injuries/steroids? free?.
Anyway He just hit HR 13. What a player!

Bonao99
I laugh when I hear people talk about steriods in MLB :laugh: like it improves your hand eye coordination, oh yeah you forget to put how many times Bonds was walked intentionally during those years. A-ROD is a great player too bad this is his last year in Yankee uniform!!!!!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
you sound like one of those "i said it because i saw it on tv" guys. steroids improve your stength, bat speed, etc. contrary to what has been said there is evidence that it does improve your hand-eye coordination. a single or double can easily be a home run. 60 home runs ? maybe....74, i doubt it.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Mucho duro'.....

anyone checked A-Rod for "the juice" this season ? :eek:
I don't think so.

The guy is pure natural talent.

Besides, since knowing that all of them are being watched, only a moron would still be doing it. That some are, of course.

The best example of someone who I believe used and it's not using anymore is none other than LA Dodgers' Luis Gonzalez!.

A lot have been said about his home runs numbers going SOOOO down that whomever says he was not using, is insane. All one needs to do is look at his numbers.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
"I saw it on TV guy"

The best example of someone who I believe used and it's not using anymore is none other than LA Dodgers' Luis Gonzalez!.

A lot have been said about his home runs numbers going SOOOO down that whomever says he was not using, is insane. All one needs to do is look at his numbers.
I don't expect you to believe me, but way off on this one.

One of the finest and most upstanding men in the game. Not a stealer, not a cheater.

57 dongs is double whe he'd ever hit before, but he hasn't a nefarious bone in his body. This isn't the type of person that would cheat.

MeRod on steroids? I wouldn't put anything past the imbecile. I personally hope he is using them, he's a fraud of a person.

And yes Miggy Wiggy, as I've mentioned many times, he's the best player in baseball right now. Next month it could be Albert.

As for NY rallying around MeRod now....what did you expect? For them to continue booing the best hitter in baseball?

The boos haven't turned to cheers, the booers have had to shut up, and the classy fans that support their team regardless (love of laundry) are now being heard.

He was getting booed in the first few games when he left the bases loaded a few times. It won't be long before that's heard again.

I love hearing "oh, the NY Dominicans love him now".

Again, doesn't this fit the mold?
Sheep.
Can't think for themselves, follow the herd.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
I've been following Alex's career for a long time. I am therefore not surprised by his early 2007 performance. I root for the O's and have bona-fide disdain for ALL things Yankees but I am in awe of Alex. As pure and simple baseball it is a remarkable streak of high-powered productivity. I can care less and less about the fate of the Yankees on the AL East standings while still managing to show some respect for A-Rod's talent.

- Tordok
....Manny just made it 3-1 Red Sox against my O's on the 7th. :eek:gre:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Igual que yo....

I've been following Alex's career for a long time. I am therefore not surprised by his early 2007 performance. I root for the O's and have bona-fide disdain for ALL things Yankees but I am in awe of Alex. As pure and simple baseball it is a remarkable streak of high-powered productivity. I can care less and less about the fate of the Yankees on the AL East standings while still managing to show some respect for A-Rod's talent.

- Tordok
....Manny just made it 3-1 Red Sox against my O's on the 7th. :eek:gre:
Just like me, I believe you are also a baseball fan.

In my book, it doesn't make a person a less of a fan if you recognize another player's talent, even if that player plays for a rival team.

I remember when my favorite player of all times, Mr. Carew played against my beloved Yankees. I used to think "OK, just hit a single or a double but don't mess my Yankees too badly".

My friends used to say that I was "mad" for thinking that way and I used to tell them that even though I was a Yankees fan, I am also a baseball. Meaning, it's ok to like players from other teams.

There are a few types of fans out there.

1- Team fans
2- Basaball fans
3- Team & Baseball fans
4- Latin Players fans
5- Dominican players fans.

I am number 3, BIG TIME!.

Last edited:

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
I agree Miguel. I am pretty much a #3 type of fan in your classification system, but cannot deny being a little bit of a #4 & #5 as well.
regards,
- Tordok

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Yo no.....

I agree Miguel. I am pretty much a #3 type of fan in your classification system, but cannot deny being a little bit of a #4 & #5 as well.
regards,
- Tordok
Seriously, I know what you mean. I DO have a whole bunch of friends that are "Dominican players fans". They follow them around.

A real good friend of mine, a SUCKS fans for yeeeeeears, as soon as Martinez left Boston, he stopped saying the SUCKS were his favorite team. All of a sudden, The Mets became his favorite team!!. Amazing!.

Yes, Dominicans have the tendency to follow Dominicans players.

I have never been able to do that.

As a matter of fact, when Martinez pitched against the Yankees, I hoped the Yankees scored 50 runs in the first inning. When A-Rod played against them, I hoped for him to strike-out every at bat. As a matter of fact, even if Pujols played against them, I hope he strikes out every at bat. Manny?, ni se diga!.

But, on the other hand, I always want Guerrero and Ortiz to do well against the Yankees (or any other team), just NOT to do too much harm, though. I am not that stupid, haha.

I must add that I do have admiration for Guerrero and Ortiz, NOT because they are Dominicans, ABSOLUTELY NOT!, but because of what they bring to the game.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
hmmmm...this thread got quiet pretty quickly.

can we start talking about double sweep? The skankie sankie fans can sit down for a bit.

(jajajajajajaj) just kiddin' ya'll...it is VERY early in the season for any one to brag or anyone to worry.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ay por Dios.....

I don't expect you to believe me, but way off on this one.

One of the finest and most upstanding men in the game. Not a stealer, not a cheater.

57 dongs is double whe he'd ever hit before, but he hasn't a nefarious bone in his body. This isn't the type of person that would cheat.

MeRod on steroids? I wouldn't put anything past the imbecile. I personally hope he is using them, he's a fraud of a person.

And yes Miggy Wiggy, as I've mentioned many times, he's the best player in baseball right now. Next month it could be Albert.

As for NY rallying around MeRod now....what did you expect? For them to continue booing the best hitter in baseball?

The boos haven't turned to cheers, the booers have had to shut up, and the classy fans that support their team regardless (love of laundry) are now being heard.

He was getting booed in the first few games when he left the bases loaded a few times. It won't be long before that's heard again.

I love hearing "oh, the NY Dominicans love him now".

Again, doesn't this fit the mold?
Sheep.
Can't think for themselves, follow the herd.
Your dislike for A-Rod is so apparent it's not even funny!. Can the guy do anything right in your book?.

You know, I subscribe to a bunch of baseball magazines, I, also, like a maniac, watch Sportscenter and Baseball Tonight religiously and I am yet so read or hear ANYBODY even hint about A-Rod using any type of illegal substances, NOT ONCE!.

I have not only read rumors about "Gonzo" "juicing" but even John Kruk, former Big Leaguer and ESPN's Baseball Tonight commentator, said, more than a few times, that SOME people have wondered about Luis Gonzalez.

I mean, you don't need to be an "Einstein" to see that the guy (Gonzalez), from 1990 to 1997, had no more than 15 homers a season.

All of a sudden, his homer run numbers started to go up. 23, 26, 31 and his "tremendous" 2001 when he hit 57!.

Then, when EVERYBODY was getting heat for "juicing", his number started to go down again, 28, 26, 17, 24, 15 in 2006.

And don't even get me started with his RBI's production.

Hey, maybe he didn't use, but the rumours were there.

Not only bad people are known to use steroids, SOME good ones have been caught also, or did you forget Rafael Palmeiro?. To me, and MAAAAANY people, Palmeiro was also a true gentleman and a good guy.

Btw: It may surprise you that I am a HUGE fan of "GONZO", I have followed his career for ever. I even know people who are friends with the guy and they ALL say the guy is one of the nicest man, not only in baseball, but also out of baseball. I am just calling it as I see/hear it. I am such a big fan if his that it really phissed the hell out of me when his name came up in discussions about steroids!.

See, CleefyDinky, the difference between you and I is that just because I am a fan of "someone", doesn't mean that said person can't do no wrong!.

And by the way, you all:

My fricking beloved Yankees are playing like old ladies in high heels!!.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
A-Rod will win the triple crown, hit over 50 home runs drive in about 140 runs and win the MVP. The Yankees squeek into the playoffs and A-Rod goes 0 for20 in the first round of the playoffs, and the Yankees get sent home. A-Rod says he can hang his head high. He is proud of what he has accomplished. The Yankee fans hate him again. I don't care anyway. Lets go Mets!!!

It looks like my prediction is right on the money. I think A-Rod will be playing for San Fran or Chicago next year.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
How about the Halos?

It looks like my prediction is right on the money. I think A-Rod will be playing for San Fran or Chicago next year.

I think he fits in Anaheim the best. They need his power, it will be far more chill than East coast baseball. He's more Hollywood than Brooklyn.

SF makes sense too. They like filling that park up with people, and one clown left so it's his three-ringed bigtop if he wants it.

The Angels desperately need some power.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I think he fits in Anaheim the best. They need his power, it will be far more chill than East coast baseball. He's more Hollywood than Brooklyn.

SF makes sense too. They like filling that park up with people, and one clown left so it's his three-ringed bigtop if he wants it.

The Angels desperately need some power.

You might be right about the Angels. They may be willing to spend that type of money for a power hitter, They may think this bum will take them over the top. He would definitely protect Vladamir in the line up.