A-Rod 60 Homers this year?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Mana o man do I feel bad for poor old Arod. Sure he'll get in the Hall of Fame and probably hit 800 homers, but he sure is making a name for himself as having the jitters in the fall. Kind of like Tiger Woods at the Ryder Cup - just can't make it happen when everybody is watching. I personally think it is the hardest thing in the world to be at the top and have so many expectations to perform at a high level. I think it is much easier to be a underdog.

Therefore, I hope A Rod leaves NY and goes somewhere else where all eyes aren't on him and where he will be appreciated and maybe help get his team to the playoffs, like the Cubs or something.

Sep 19, 2005
not me, let him stay in NY, he finally is playing up to his salary and people want him to leave???

hit finally hit a homer in the playoff, and he got some hits the last 2 games.

how about Abrue's smash!!

man does he look just like AZB!!! ha ha ha ha

bob

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Me-Rod will NEVER help any team...he doesn't play for a TEAM...he plays for HIMSELF!!!!

Let him rot in baseball hell for all I care!!!

I despise him and his arrogance...him and Steinbrenner deserve each other!!!!

Yes, they've got millions...but they can't get what they most desire...a WS ring!!!!!

MQ (Very happy that the MFY are OUT :):):) )

Sep 19, 2005
Me-Rod will NEVER help any team...he doesn't play for a TEAM...he plays for HIMSELF!!!!

Let him rot in baseball hell for all I care!!!

I despise him and his arrogance...him and Steinbrenner deserve each other!!!!

Yes, they've got millions...but they can't get what they most desire...a WS ring!!!!!

MQ (Very happy that the MFY are OUT :):):) )

I dont know Musicqueen.....with all your hatred..i am beginning to not like YOU

it grows old

bob

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!! You are just bleeding because they lost...and I'm soooo happy about that!!!!!! Ha, ha, ha!!!! :):):):)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
No offense guys, but why does ARod get such a bad wrap? He ain't anything like Barry Bonds, nor does he treat the press like him. Blame Scott Boras for him making too much. There are few players that have to play in the spotlight like him, and if you think that is easy, look at Tiger Woods, the best golfer of all time btw, at the Ryder Cup. Therefore, nerves can affect anybody.

I sure hope ARod takes Boras advice and goes to the free market. He needs to be in a "hungry" club (with a big market) and a group of fans that can see him for what he is - first a human being and nice guy and then second a great baseball player. I think his time will come to get the monkey off of his back.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
He's myopic.

No offense guys, but why does ARod get such a bad wrap? He ain't anything like Barry Bonds, nor does he treat the press like him. Blame Scott Boras for him making too much. There are few players that have to play in the spotlight like him, and if you think that is easy, look at Tiger Woods, the best golfer of all time btw, at the Ryder Cup. Therefore, nerves can affect anybody.

I sure hope ARod takes Boras advice and goes to the free market. He needs to be in a "hungry" club (with a big market) and a group of fans that can see him for what he is - first a human being and nice guy and then second a great baseball player. I think his time will come to get the monkey off of his back.

I think in baseball, as opposed to the other major sports, bush-league tactics and self-centered agendas really rub people the wrong way.

MeRod is a poster child for what drives baseball players - and in-kind fans - crazy: ME, ME, ME!!!

He's got a resume of bush league tactics that goes on for pages.

What drives me nuts is there is no need for it, he's possibly the most talented player of my - and many other - generations, and when he stoops to slapping a glove like a wispy ferry, or taking out a middle infielder with an elbow, or shouting at a defensive player as he's about to make a catch, he makes me want to puke in my mouth.

I don't sweat the money at all. Good for him and Scott Boras. My only negative towards that is how it skews the playing field for other players and teams. Kind of throws things out of balance.

When you are the highest paid "man", you've put yourself into a position for a lot of criticism. Results are what people really care about, and his results in the realm of "team" are extremely poor.

Hopefully that gives you a general idea, and a specific one of how I feel.

I'm a Yankee fan, BUT am not an A-Rod fan. I think what I dislike most about him is that the fact that he is not a team player. Whereas most of the players spend time together after games, on road trips, etc., he doesn't. This is not my opinion. This is fact. My son has spent quite a bit of time with some of the Yankees and whereas many of them spend time together when they're on the road (Jeter, Rivera, etc) A-Rod never spends time with the other players. As Cleef always says for A-Rod it's me, me, me! Of course A-Rod is able to spend time with strippers in Toronto, but that's another story.